Is there a list anywhere as to what Joysticks/flight controls will support MSFS 2020 release on XBOX

Plugger69

Greetings fellow flight simmers,

Not long to go now for the release of MSFS 2020 on the XBOX Series X and with any luck, not long after will we be able to access and use Orbx products for the XBOX as I can tell you I'll be amongst the purchases for sure.

Does anyone know of or could share a link as to what joysticks/control yokes will be compatible with MSFS 2020 on XBOX out of the gate ?. I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and hope that may get me through until the Velocity One Flight Yoke Controls from Turtle Beach are available at the end of August.

Also, is there any knowledge as yet as to what Orbx products will be available through the XBOX marketplace at MSFS 2020 launch on the XBOX ?

Cheers,

Chris

Microsoft confirms the standard Xbox controller, or a mouse and keyboard, will work with Microsoft Flight Simulator at launch. The title also plans to support select third-party accessories, including the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder, and HORI HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox One. No additional devices have been confirmed.

However, Microsoft claims "new, Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon," suggesting new Xbox accessories in the pipeline, intending to support the console version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The post stopped short of specifics, stating "we cannot share any further details at this time."

Honeycomb Aeronautical is among the first reputable peripheral makers with Xbox Series X|S hardware in development, previously announcing console-compatible versions of its upcoming and existing products. The upcoming Foxtrot Tango Flight Stick and Throttle is designed to support Xbox consoles, even decorated with a dedicated Xbox button. The Honeycomb Alpha Yoke will also see an Xbox redesign that supports the Bravo throttle quadrant and Charlie rudder pedals.

8 hours ago, BobbieH said:

Microsoft confirms the standard Xbox controller, or a mouse and keyboard, will work with Microsoft Flight Simulator at launch. The title also plans to support select third-party accessories, including the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder, and HORI HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox One. No additional devices have been confirmed.

However, Microsoft claims "new, Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon," suggesting new Xbox accessories in the pipeline, intending to support the console version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The post stopped short of specifics, stating "we cannot share any further details at this time."

Honeycomb Aeronautical is among the first reputable peripheral makers with Xbox Series X|S hardware in development, previously announcing console-compatible versions of its upcoming and existing products. The upcoming Foxtrot Tango Flight Stick and Throttle is designed to support Xbox consoles, even decorated with a dedicated Xbox button. The Honeycomb Alpha Yoke will also see an Xbox redesign that supports the Bravo throttle quadrant and Charlie rudder pedals.

I have the Honeycomb controls A and B for my PC-installed MSFS. Will they be usuable to connect on a XBOX Series X via a simple USB-bridge? 

I couldn't get the Honeycomb working with the Xbox version, from what I read there's some sort of chip that each device needs to be recognised by the Xbox or something along those lines. No doubt that's why Honeycomb are producing Xbox specific devices.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 12:25 PM, BobbieH said:

I couldn't get the Honeycomb working with the Xbox version, from what I read there's some sort of chip that each device needs to be recognised by the Xbox or something along those lines. No doubt that's why Honeycomb are producing Xbox specific devices.

Yes, MS control device licensing with this cheap who is need for being compatible with Xbox.

Actually, some new device have been annouced from Turtle Beach and Honeycomb:

Turlte Beach VelocityOne Flight (end 2021, with quadrant, 349,99e)

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls (start 2022)

Honeycomb Foxtrot Flight Stick (start 2022, without throttle)

Honeycomb Tango-Foxtrot Stick & Throttle (start 2022, with throttle)

Honeycomb Charlie Rudder Pedals (start 2022)

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant (start 2022)

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Is there a list anywhere as to what Joysticks/flight controls will support MSFS 2020 release on XBOX