This is a warning to you older guys.

Dadtom65, so sorry to hear about the clotting. Sounds like the doctors got it under control, but I imagine the scare of it carries on. Thank you for your wise warning. Us old guys need to avoid too much butt time. Your warning is heeded by the one in this chair.

• Like 4

That’s just what I have done on my IPad as at the moment it’s sunny here in the uk and we are sat outside in our garden. Thanks for all your support Guys. Think next week I have to go to the hospital for another CT scan. Thanks Derek.

• Upvote 1

Yep got a letter today with an appointment on Tuesday at 14-30 and seems to be a full chest and Stomach CT Scan, plus I have to drink 2 Lieters of waters before 2-15. Tried to change leiters but would it come up no. So hopefully I will find out how I stand. Thanks Derek.

• Upvote 1

At 88 years old and a worn out metal hip I can't really do much else but sit on my butt all day.  I'm still active though.  I've got the maximum stories to read in my Kindle Oasis and will stagger next door for coffee in about ten minutes time.  That'll be the most active I'll be today.    Exercise more than that would probably kill me!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 4:06 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Yep got a letter today with an appointment on Tuesday at 14-30 and seems to be a full chest and Stomach CT Scan, plus I have to drink 2 Lieters of waters before 2-15. Tried to change leiters but would it come up no. So hopefully I will find out how I stand. Thanks Derek.

Hope it all goes well Derek. Had a similar one for kidneys a few years back - that 2 Liters of water takes some holding:(, they put me on hold, and I told the girl, you have run out of time,  get a mop and bucket. :unsure:

Best wishes for a good result

Don

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi Friends. Well had the CT scan and now just waiting for the results to come back. For anybody who doesn’t know they stick a needle in your arm with a dye type stuff and it feels warm. Plus yesterday I just realised how funrable I am as I was waiting for my wife to pay for the car park at the Hospital when I happened to look down at my arm and saw blood pouring down my arm as the clot had failed. Like they said no more DIY for me. Look after yourself. Thanks Derek .

• Like 1

Hi. I thought I had replied to this post. Yes all went well except when we were paying for the Hospital car park I happened to look down at my arm and there was blood pouring down my arm where the clot had failed. I soon managed to stop it again. Like the Doctors said no more DIY for me and no sharp anything. Hey you guys with the watches. Are they special watches or just something you can set an alarm to, just wondering. Thanks Derek.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hey you guys with the watches. Are they special watches or just something you can set an alarm to, just wondering.

Mine's a Fitbit Ionic. If I don't walk at least 250 steps every hour it reminds me. At 10 minutes before the hour I get the "vibration" and it tells me how many steps I have left. This watch is just one of the many programable types out there. Fitbit makes a bunch of models as do Garmin, Apple, and a host of others. But the thing I like most about my watch is that isn't made by Apple :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1