July comp rejects

I felt rather positive about my entry this month, so not many castaways this time. It looks a bit murky down there this evening, but not as murky as the pea soupers I can remember from my childhood living in Woolwich.

8BMKjB9.jpg

dygKwAo.jpg

fdmJzN3.jpg

TBbqKfj.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great shots, it’s that fog or smog?

John.

About 60 years ago that'd be a developing London smog... (pea souper). As this is today, I'd say London exhaust fumes trapped by an inversion.

This is interesting

Had to use Google translation for some words :-*

Whenever I set real weather in the UK it is most of the time cloudy, foggy or rainy, specially in Scotland.

Is this really true?

I mean, does London ever looks like this in real life? so grey or is the sim a bit exaggerated?

I've never been there but it brings to my attention this sort of weathers. I've heard the the weather is not the best though.

It looks nice, gives some sort of mystic to the environment but the visibility is not ideal and when flying a long while it turns like a little sad. It's a whole combination of sensations. I bet is also cold to match

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

Hi Carlos,

Yes the weather is variable to put it nicely and changes hourly. It is a rarity to have blue skies for more than 3 days due to the influences of the Gulf stream and the North Atlantic Ocean. It could be sunny and bright in one place and 100 km away rain and low cloud!

John.

7 hours ago, carlosqr said:

This is interesting

Had to use Google translation for some words :-*

Whenever I set real weather in the UK it is most of the time cloudy, foggy or rainy, specially in Scotland.

Is this really true?

Ah yes, that famous preconception of English weather. "England is a foggy, damp, rainy country" Well, we do have nice summers here too - for the occasional week in May :D

The screenies show the same live weather with different time of day, so the fog gets a yellow ish tint at sunset. Personally I think Asobo have made msfs clouds too yellow in dusk times. But generally I would say there are often inversion layers over the bigger towns which does make the warmer, denser air at ground level seem like thick fog from above. I don't think the screenies would be fog in real  life if you were physically there. I have seen a lot of dawn / dusk pictures that make the msfs world look foggy and I think the effect is exaggerated in msfs.

I look out of my window now and to the north I see 7/8 cloud, bases 3 to 5 thousand feet with visibility in excess of 15 miles. What it looks like in sim? hang on...