Good Afternoon,

I’m having issues with stuttering/freezing of P3D v5.2HF1 at MKs EFHK. An example of this can be experienced if you load up at stand 14 and pan around. This happens with default and payware AC, and other scenery’s are ok. 

I would be interested if anyone else has experienced this?

I've tried the usually remedies but to no effect.

My Specs: 5950x, 3090 and 32GB of  RAM. 

TIA

James.

Edited by jamied281
Typo

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was getting the same problem with EFHK from MK studios in p3d V5.3. After reading  the post how to update correctly, i came to the conclusion that i didn't update correctly  5.3 hot fix 1. I decide to do again the update folowing this post.

Now i'm not having stturs. if you check in your Windows control panel, you must to have  "Prepar3D v5 Scenery",  "Prepar3D v5 Content", "Prepar3D v5 Academic Client" and "Prepar3D v5 Academic" in same version.

285608668_ControlPainel.png.3210ebd69613f800ab67be13529d2e5e.png 

1 hour ago, altiliano said:

Hi,

I was getting the same problem with EFHK from MK studios in p3d V5.3. After reading  the post how to update correctly, i came to the conclusion that i didn't update correctly  5.3 hot fix 1. I decide to do again the update folowing this post.

Now i'm not having stturs. if you check in your Windows control panel, you must to have  "Prepar3D v5 Scenery",  "Prepar3D v5 Content", "Prepar3D v5 Academic Client" and "Prepar3D v5 Academic" in same version.

285608668_ControlPainel.png.3210ebd69613f800ab67be13529d2e5e.png 

I'm seeing this as well but having all the components on the same version hasn't helped.

Anyone else find another solution?

12 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

I fixed my stutters at Helsinki by disabling the huge ortho file.

Darren can you let us know where’s that file located please I have had these issues since they have released the scenery thank you 

Edited by Vieira12

Interesting, filename?

UPDATE: are we talking about these files:

helsinki_sat_A1.blg

helsinki_sat_A2.blg

helsinki_sat_A3blg

helsinki_sat_B1.blg

helsinki_sat_B2.blg

helsinki_sat_B3.blg

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob Ainscough
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Here is what I see:

Pauses, not just stutters.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi rob I have reported these issues to the developer months ago their answer was the city of Helsinki it’s to blame and that’s it they where aware of the issue before the scenery was released but done nothing to sort out the issue I also noticed that it gets worst when you take off Rwy 15 facing the main city 

Hi,

I've been trying to track this issue for quite a bit of time. What seems to be a problem is stock EFHK content. 

You may try to move the files away (make backup!).

X:\Prepar3D\Scenery\0601\scenery

APX54100.bgl (only if using custom EFHK scenery)
OBX54100.bgl
cvx5410.bgl
(if using Orbx Vector)

Look at the OBX54100 that has a lot of stock scenery objects placed all around. Each of them takes a drawcall or more. 

I've also provided this information to LM. Hopefully they'll take a look.

Kind regards,
Mateusz

Edited by matteusz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for responding Mateusz.

Renaming those three files to .OFF solved the issue:

APX54100.off 
OBX54100.off
cvx5410.off

To be noted, I do NOT have Orbx Vector installed but cvx5410.bgl was present and enabled.  Also, I don't know what you mean by "(only if using custom EFHK scenery)" ... I have the file APX54100.bgl installed and I'm using Orbx Global, I don't use any of the Orbx LC products, I have Orbx Global and all the Orbx TE products installed.

Unlisted video with pauses gone and still extreme graphics settings:

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob Ainscough

Fantastic ive had stutters around EFHK for months great to see the issue has been found.

After testing the CVX5410 file is causing issues. I did not have vector installed so left it turned on. Still got some significant stutters but on turning it OFF stutters completely gone along with the coastline data(lol) so reinstalling vector to get the coastline back.

Edited by Darren Howie

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this as not solved the issue for me it’s fine on the airport but as soon as I take off from rwy 15 or land from rwy 33 I get these freezes every once in a while it’s something to do with the Helsinki town I have over. 150 sceneries and this one it’s the one by far with these stutters freezes and it’s a shame cos it’s a nice scenery just makes not want to fly there 

On 1/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

LM have indicated they think they have fixed the issue and we're (Beta group) are waiting for a drop to test.

Thanks for the download Matteusz, will try your file out in the interim. 

Cheers, Rob.

Any news on your internal testing rob please ?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, matteusz said:

Did you try an alternative bgl file I provided? 

Do you use Orbx Vector?

Yes I did and I do it only happens on rwy 15 when taking off towards the city I will try with the file completly deleted to see if it goes away