My Drone in Dubai ....

renault

Just exploring. This is just a wonderful scenery and I've just barely managed to scratch the surface

of what Orbx has given us with this one :)

Cheers

Pete

1-2-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-09-14

I arrived mid day and to be truthful , I felt like someone had folded me all up
and made me into a little airplane cube.  So after a quick lunch at the airport hotel, I headed off for bed. Lots of time to go exploring later this evening

and it will be cooler too

0-Arrival-Cube-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-

But my last memory before my eyes closed was this wonderful photograph on the wall.
I thought , for sure I have got to find that.

2-5-Hotel-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11

So after a much, much  longer sleep than I anticipated I am "in the air" as they say. I've got to be quick
because sunrise comes very early around here and I don't have a lot of time left.

And the first thing on my agenda is The Frame. It is an architectural landmark in Zabeel Park, Dubai.
It is 105m x 150m and has been designed such that on one side looking through it you see modern Dubai , while

looking through the other you see the ancient city. It frames the past and the future.

2-Dubai-Frame-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-2

Now we're into the city proper.
This is looking down the Sheikh Sayed Road .... What a kaleidoscope of color

3-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-33-01.j

First stop is The Museum of the Future. The futuristic shape of the museum is described as
 a torus with an elliptical void. Well ok , if you say so ,  but what a fantastic building.

4-Museum-of-the-Future-Flight-Simulator-

If you want a  more detail on it, here is a good reference ....

Museum of the Future: The building designed by an algorithm - BBC Future

Looking along the Sheikh Sayed Road you can see the Gevora Hotel. On February 9, 2018 the hotel
received a Guinness World Record title for the Tallest Hotel in the World.

It is 75 floors with a total height of 356.33 m (1169.1 ft.) . It began construction in 2005 and the top floor

was reached in 2008, although it took until 2017 when it was fully complete. It opened for business in 2018.

The fastest elevators can reach the top floor in 38 seconds, which almost puts my drone to shame.

5-Sheikh-Sayed-Road-Flight-Simulator-202

This next shot is the Al Yaqoub Tower. It's design took inspiration from the tower housing Big Ben in London.

6-Al-Yaqoub-Tower-which-was-inspired-by-

The building just off center in this screenshot is the Al Salam Tower . It is also known  as the Chelsa Tower
as it was originally leased and operated by the Chelsa Hotel Group. 

It is now a deluxe serviced apartment tower ( Very Posh $$$$$$) and at 49 stories (250m) is 
the 47th tallest building in Dubai.

7-The-Chelsa-Tower-Flight-Simulator-2021

Emaar Properties Dubai is one of the largest real estate developers in the UAE and is known for
various large-scale projects such as developing Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.

The Burj Khalifa has a total height of 829.8 m (2,722 ft, just over half a mile) and
a roof height (excluding antenna, but including a 244 m spire[2]) of 828 m (2,717 ft).
It was completed in 2009.

9-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-38-17.j

9-5-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-40-21

And ... I have no idea what this building is. The last time I was in Dubai was in 2008, so
a lot has happened since then.

11-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-39-45.

This is the Dubai Opera House. Developed by Emaar Properties, it has a seating capacity of 2000, with an overall area
of 60,000 m^2 (approx. 650,000 ft^2). It opened in 2016 and is continually in use for many different venues
in the performing arts.

12-The-Dubai-Opera-House-Flight-Simulato

And we now come to The Opus , Dubai.

From the website "The Opus’s collection of residences integrates futuristically stylish interiors with a home-away-from-home sensibility.
Every apartment is completed in great detail and represents the pinnacle of design feeling. 

Every resident is able to benefit from its first class services such as ME Hotel’s “lifestyle concierge”,
which delivers à la carte or pre-selected services to your personal space."

https://www.omniyat.com/project/the-opus/

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't make it past the front door ... B)

The Opus was designed by Dame Zaha Mohammad Hadid DBE RA (Arabic: زها حديد‎ Zahā Ḥadīd; 31 October 1950 – 31 March 2016) 
who was a British Iraqi architect, artist and designer. She was sometimes called the "Queen of the Curve" for her
futuristic designs. It is the only building in Dubai that has both the interior and exterior designed by Dame Hadid.

13-The-Opus-Dubai-Flight-Simulator-2021-

Stay with me now. We're almost done and daybreak is just about on top of us.  
Boy , for all the sleeping I've done in the last 24 hrs. I sure am tired again.:rolleyes:

The Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble the sail of an Arabian dhow ship. The building is a total height 
of of 321 meters. It is the only “7-star” hotel in the world and features a Skyview Bar, 
an underwater restaurant and an outdoor tennis court. 

15-Burj-Al-Arab-Flight-Simulator-2021-06

15-5-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-44-2

The Ain Dubai on Bluewaters Island is the worlds tallest  observation Wheel.

17-Ain-Dubai-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27

18-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-48-02.

Well there we are.  Daybreak is just about upon us as you can see ....

59-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-52-26.

Time to head back to the hotel.  A big "shout out " to Orbx for this outstanding package. :):)
I've only begun to scratch the surface.  There is so much more to see here, but I'll leave that to all of you.

Cheers!

Pete

60-Flight-Simulator-2021-06-27-11-54-18.

Edited by renault
  • Like 7

On 6/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, olderndirt said:

Pete - fifth/second and first from the bottom -super IMHO.  Gotta quit - keyboard's starting to melt.

Dave

Thanks Dave:)

Cheers

Pete

On 6/27/2021 at 11:59 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Pete i do like the last one.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

It and the "Frame" were my favourites.

The fun part for me of all this was researching all the building activity. I kept getting caught up in

the history of the construction and spent a few quite enjoyable hours.:)

It has changed so much since I was last there.

Cheers

Pete

On 6/28/2021 at 12:05 AM, BradB said:

Grand shots and tour Pete . 

Thanks John

See you 

Pete

On 6/28/2021 at 12:17 AM, John Mac said:

Amazing shots and info Pete! The last one is picture postcard quality. Outstanding stuff!
John.

Thanks JM.

It is a city like no another:)

Cheers

Pete

On 6/28/2021 at 3:04 AM, bvdboomen said:

The last one is a winner!

Thank you. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it.

It turned out well

Cheers

Pete

On 6/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, lifejogger said:

Thanks for the tour Pete, the shots great to look  at!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John:)

Cheers

Pete

22 hours ago, adambar said:

Grandiose set of shots Pets. :)

Thanks Adam

Cheers

Pete

16 hours ago, wain71 said:

superb shots Pete, thanks for the tour...

Thanks Wayne

I'm pleased you enjoyed them:)

See you

Pete

• Like 2