KVNY 1.1 update... Wind sock still bugged.

One thing to try if you haven't already... If you use the Orbx backup for install files, it may need to be deleted so all files are downloaded again. Shouldn't matter but it might be worth a try. 

27 minutes ago, idontknow123 said:

flushing the indexes does not work.

However, if I select KLAX as the departing airport, and fly to KVNY, then the windsocks show correctly.

this is because the sim has a bug that sometimes fails to recognize the elevation correctly when you start from an airport that has his elevation changed.

if start from Kvny and you have the floating windsock i suggest to try this to update the elevation:

-enable developer mode

-select camera/developer camera

-move the visual far from the airport by zoomming out, press: Alt+right mouse and move the mouse to zoom out

-once done, just deselect " developer camera" and you are ready to go

what you have to do it is if you go far from the airport ( at least more than 1km) the elevation will update and you will have the windsock at correct elevation, if you fly at the airport from another airport this is not necessary because the sim already update the elevation in the correct way.

at the moment i am not able to fix it more than this, i will look if i find other solutions.

regards

• Thanks 1

I believe that those aspects are covered in the Ultra settings options for all options. Plus of course the Bing data ON and Photgrammetry ON.

I add that I cannot replicate the floating windsock either flying to KVNY nor when starting a flight at KVNY after I uninstalled the original KVNY and installed the patched version 1.0.1. It is very difficult to ascertain why a few are seeing this anomaly so logically it could possibly be a FS 2020 settings anomaly. Clearing Roaming Cache may be also an option to consider. To try and advise why you are seeing this issue when neither Matteo nor I can replicate it is extremely difficult as you can understand, so offering possible options to consider is the only thing I can think of.

My pics show what I see at KVNY whereas your show the floating windsock, It shows the addon is OK but there may be a Sim anomaly occurring that I have not experienced in my set up.

Hi….Let me start off by saying overall this scenery is great!!

However, I still have the floating windsock even though I uninstalled 1.0 and installed 1.1…..I do have my settings at ultra and tried everything that was written.  With that said, I can live with this as the scenery as a whole is great.  I will just pretend that KVNY converted the windsock into a drone…

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PMR said:

Hi….Let me start off by saying overall this scenery is great!!

However, I still have the floating windsock even though I uninstalled 1.0 and installed 1.1…..I do have my settings at ultra and tried everything that was written.  With that said, I can live with this as the scenery as a whole is great.  I will just pretend that KVNY converted the windsock into a drone…

Yes, following the discovery of another unrelated windsock bug that actually prevented the windsock from displaying (hence the lack of reports in the testing phase) we can confirm this bug is there but is erratic, only sern sometimes and not all testers are seeing it.  Apparently it's only occurring with Photogrammetry on, so can you try with that off and see if it is fixed. (the scenery is designed to work with Photogrammetry so it won't be a long term suggestion!) 

From what we're seeing this might be something Asobo has to address, as you can understand deeper program bugs like this are beyond the capacity of the developer to fix. 

Hi, probably i have another solution, i will try to change the elevation of the airport from the current elevation to runway 16R elevation (802ft ) this will fix 2 problems:

-you will have a corrected glideslope for 16R

-probably the windsock will be fixed

I hope will be possible to do without any problems since this zone it is full of bugs.

Regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, probably i have another solution, i will try to change the elevation of the airport from the current elevation to runway 16R elevation (802ft ) this will fix 2 problems:

-you will have a corrected glideslope for 16R

-probably the windsock will be fixed

I hope will be possible to do without any problems since this zone it is full of bugs.

Regards

Hey @Matteo Veneziani
I am curious if you have been able to make this adjustment.  I haven't seen any updates to the add-on in Orbx.  Thanks for any info, really hoping to get the ILS sorted out (The wind sock too, but like the guy above, the sock isn't bothering me much -- The ILS is a more serious concern).

Edited by Kurt V

21 hours ago, Kurt V said:

Hey @Matteo Veneziani
I am curious if you have been able to make this adjustment.  I haven't seen any updates to the add-on in Orbx.  Thanks for any info, really hoping to get the ILS sorted out (The wind sock too, but like the guy above, the sock isn't bothering me much -- The ILS is a more serious concern).

Hi,

it will be released next week! This will be fix windsock and ils.

Regards

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...