Jump to content

preview EGPH Edinburgh Airport - Where Scotland meets the world.


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, pyreegue said:

If you can provide some pictures then I think we can do something about it.

 

That's awesome, will sort out some pictures for you tomorrow.

 

Couple of decent videos on youtube showing the approach as well.  You can see the trees I'm talking about from near the 24 threshold, running along the north side of the river up until just before the midway access road. All shorter trees and gorse bushes along the fence there as well. Rwy06 end isn't too badly represented by default.

 

Thank you!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX5_e_hDUMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KsYyplAA0

 

Edited by hdsharks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, this looks stunning. I haven't used a flight sim since FS2004, but am one of the xbox users eagerly awaiting launch later this month.

 

Can I ask if this will be available eventually in the in-game marketplace on console?

If so it would be a definite purchase for me.

Edited by Eejay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eejay said:

Hi, this looks stunning. I haven't used a flight sim since FS2004, but am one of the xbox users eagerly awaiting launch later this month.

 

Can I ask if this will be available eventually in the in-game marketplace on console?

If so it would be a definite purchase for me.

 

It will be available for both platforms. XBOX will follow later after PC release. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, I'm here to bring some good news, we're into testing now and are preparing to release this week. Here are some pictures of Edinburgh in all its glory. Images are hidden under the spoiler to keep this thread manageable. 


 

Spoiler

phcLbtQ.jpg

 

qhUYheg.jpg

 

zHrXIAu.jpg

 

ZhtYWvU.jpg

 

RGN5zgr.jpg

 

Gpeb3hA.jpg

 

VGuE8Zo.jpg

 

Zco9STq.jpg

 

4s87oGt.jpg

 

cse52Dv.jpg

 

UOzruMF.jpg

 

TKHQGGN.jpg

 

dDV403y.jpg

 

bRj6MXc.jpg

 

JaUDDzm.jpg

 

cY617me.jpg

 

COJc0Gm.jpg

 

jVmBak7.jpg

 

FeumpqB.jpg

 

PFyhJBk.jpg

 

9tD6oLB.jpg

 

7ie0J2v.jpg

 

3Oa0isC.jpg

 

EibIDSm.jpg

 

QRWce6b.jpg

 

Edited by pyreegue
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Nice, I can't wait

 

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Great shots ! Looking forward :)

Pls consider the development of East Midlands Airport EGNX  !!

 

19 minutes ago, Tang0 said:

Completely stunning work!

Thank you guys for your comments, I appreciate your support!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man this is great!

Not hesitating at all

Loved the hotel !

The bunch of cars, the coloring, everything

Can't wait to explore it to the roots

I am very happy to have it along with Mumbay shortly

Thank you

 

Oh and don't forget my request pls, at least consider it if you're so kind

EETN, ULLI and LJLJ

I wouldn't mind if you do LJLJ first :rolleyes:

Cheers

 

Carlos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Donka said:

It's a top add on this one. Given it a quick blast and attention to detail is excellent. Compare the airport to the picture on the official airport website and its uncanny. Superb stuff!

 

1 hour ago, jpkatlarge said:

Live on Orbx Central now!

 

1 hour ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

I have all of your MSFS airports and have become a die hard fan!  REALLY been looking forward t this particular addition!

Thank you guys for your comments! Very happy to hear you like it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished my first flight into EGPH - and WOW!!!!! I only had a cursory look around, and I'm pretty sure THIS is the new standard in scenery design! Man, you have come a long way in a short period of time - considering your Tivat scenery as a starting point and NOW THIS! Congratulations! Btw - my first impression is always the approach in the WT CJ4 and the question: will the ILS tune automatically? Checked!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree, this is easily a top tier airport for the sim!  The terminal interior is one of the best I've seen to date.  I also noticed the screws were turning on the de-ice treatment or water treatment area on the ramp?  Very cool.  I particularly like that you modelled the entire landside area WITH the roads.  This looks a million times better.  Great work guys.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

Agree, this is easily a top tier airport for the sim!  The terminal interior is one of the best I've seen to date.  I also noticed the screws were turning on the de-ice treatment or water treatment area on the ramp?  Very cool.  I particularly like that you modelled the entire landside area WITH the roads.  This looks a million times better.  Great work guys.  :)

 

2 hours ago, TomL said:

Just finished my first flight into EGPH - and WOW!!!!! I only had a cursory look around, and I'm pretty sure THIS is the new standard in scenery design! Man, you have come a long way in a short period of time - considering your Tivat scenery as a starting point and NOW THIS! Congratulations! Btw - my first impression is always the approach in the WT CJ4 and the question: will the ILS tune automatically? Checked!

 

3 hours ago, keino333 said:

Brought it as sonn as...thank you

 

I’m running out of adjectives with all these comments guys, I’m melting, thank you all so much for the support!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, this lives up to or exceeds expectations - the detail is incredible, you have a serious talent for modelling! The nicest airport I've seen so far for MSFS, without a doubt.

 

Couple of small requests for improvement though (and I know it's me moaning about trees again!)...could some excludes be added to get rid of incorrect trees within the airport perimeter? There are currently a bunch sitting inside both ILS antennas/approach lights, another one or two dotted around the grass at the 06 end, and a few near the fire trainer, none of which should be there. Most noticeably though, there is a full on forest running along the length of the Gogar burn, from the Archimedes screws, out past the end of the car park. They are really not noticeable IRL as the burn runs along a deep ditch and the trees are much smaller anyway so cant be seen. Right now the terminal buildings are covered by trees in that area, which looks really weird. It's the default MSFS placement, I know, and the mesh isn't detailed enough to show the ditch, but if an exclude could be easily added, it would add to the realism.

 

One more thing, and I guess this is a SDK issue as every airport I have seen so far suffers....the runway/taxiway/apron lights are huge. You can barely see them during the day, but in MSFS they are big glowing orbs! Can anything be done here?

 

 

 

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_3493dfbe-96b8-11e9-8fb0-df433656861e.jpg

EGPH-Edinburgh-Airport-MSFS-4.png

Edited by hdsharks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Just run into one more issue - I have no illumination on the tower at night? 

Untitled.png

Get close and it will lit up, sometimes the lights don’t load in at a distance.
 

 As for the trees, noted. 
apron lights - nothing can be done, afaik, maybe custom modeled lights but that’s quite a tedious job… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to force the tower lights on permanently? It would be really subtle during the day and that would mean any approaches at night time would show the tower lit up. At the moment, the tower is not visible during approaches at night time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Donka said:

Is it possible to force the tower lights on permanently? It would be really subtle during the day and that would mean any approaches at night time would show the tower lit up. At the moment, the tower is not visible during approaches at night time.

Sure

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another fantastic airport from @pyreegue! Love the details, really one of the best airport's out there! I enjoy just spending lot of time looking around the airport, including the amazing interior. Makes you wanna fly to and from Edinburgh a lot.

 

The only improvement I could think of is adding passengers, especially by the gates, so when you pull up to the gate you see people inside the terminal.

 

Keep up the good work and looking forward to your upcoming airport's!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, hdsharks said:

Seems to be working fine with SU5....only thing I've noticed it some of the boundary fencing is sort of staggered, Can't remember if it was like that before?

Hi, can you specify the locations where it’s bugged? Thanks 
 

16 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

Another fantastic airport from @pyreegue! Love the details, really one of the best airport's out there! I enjoy just spending lot of time looking around the airport, including the amazing interior. Makes you wanna fly to and from Edinburgh a lot.

 

The only improvement I could think of is adding passengers, especially by the gates, so when you pull up to the gate you see people inside the terminal.

 

Keep up the good work and looking forward to your upcoming airport's!

Hello, thanks for your review. Currently working on a solution to add some people to the terminal. Cheers

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, pyreegue said:

Hi, can you specify the locations where it’s bugged? Thanks 
 

Hello, thanks for your review. Currently working on a solution to add some people to the terminal. Cheers

hi just to let you no the ai when landing runway 24 will vacate the runways over the grass as soon as atc tells them to do so,,, 

Edited by steve86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, steve86 said:

hi just to let you no the ai when landing runway 24 will vacate the runways over the grass as soon as atc tells them to do so,,, 

Can’t think of a possible solution, AI is doing whatever it wants at the moment, I’ve also updated to SU5 yesterday and SDK appears to be totally drunk. Projects on hold for now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...