KVNY Van Nuys coming soon for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Great news!. I worked next to the airport in the 1980s, was always a treat to see the B25 parked next to the underpass under the runway. For the definitive story on the airport, watch 16 Right, my favorite airport video.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nicely done Matteo.

Shot #13 - Outdoor dining, is that a circular brick 'fire pit' to the right hand side?

Lots of detail spread round & 8,000' of main runway, what's not to like?

TTM

Airside patio dining @ 94th Aero Squadron...  fond memories of their beer cheese soup and listening to ATC piped in during dinner ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ravenn22 said:

Airside patio dining @ 94th Aero Squadron...  fond memories of their beer cheese soup and listening to ATC piped in during dinner ;)

I spent many times at the 94th as well...and that beer cheese soup.  Great memories!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravenn22 said:

My personal favorite was always the French Onion soup. Man that was good!

I am usually at Van Nuys airport several times a month... this actually looks extremely good. Hopefully the performance is good and not like Burbank airport when it was first introduced.

Edited by Casebug

2 hours ago, HypePerformanceGroup said:

Ooo, can't wait.

I have to smile :) - at you blokes being "Newbies" - maybe a new partner for Orbx with the 145 ?

and - as for "Ooo'can't wait" - you saw all the Helli spots waiting for the 135 and 145

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Heaton said:

I have to smile :) - at you blokes being "Newbies" - maybe a new partner for Orbx with the 145 ?

and - as for "Ooo'can't wait" - you saw all the Helli spots waiting for the 135 and 145

Apologies for any confusion, no partnership to announce here.

We're just big fans :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HypePerformanceGroup said:

Apologies for any confusion, no partnership to announce here.

We're just big fans :)

Wouldn't you just love - it from a Helicopter Sim producer with a 1/4million downloads

• Like 1

My love of aviation was born from Van Nuys Airport... at age 6 I'd stand in the observation area and watch planes takeoff and land, and would later look down at the observation area while taking off from 16L on my first solo. Absolutely can't wait! Looks just about perfect.

I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the announcement, but if anyone hasn't watched the film One Six Right, it is the best film about aviation I have ever watched. Stunning movie that played a key role in my love of aviation.

• Like 3

I'm really enjoying this little gem. Takes me back to my time spent in The Valley. Is this airport going to be available eventually XPL? I believe KBUR is coming to XPL at some point this year. Well done Matteo :)  

• Like 1

Yeah, Baby!   Thanks @Matteo Veneziani   -- Bad news tho, they repaved 16L and all the east side taxiways last summer... :D  Your work isn't done!

Kidding with you (although they really did repave it).   Thank you so much for this.  Been waiting 30 years for someone to do it right.

Edited by Kurt V
  • Thanks 1