Charleston City Scenes Patriot's Point

GaryRR

I don't mean to nitpick but that is the wrong Yorktown in Charleston Patriot's Point scenery. That is Yorktown CV-5, the one lost at Midway. 

The ship that should be there is her replacement, Yorktown CV-10 which had had numerous upgrades over the years including an angled flight deck and a rebuilt island.

Just saying.

1 hour ago, GaryRR said:

I don't mean to nitpick but that is the wrong Yorktown in Charleston Patriot's Point scenery. That is Yorktown CV-5, the one lost at Midway. 

The ship that should be there is her replacement, Yorktown CV-10 which had had numerous upgrades over the years including an angled flight deck and a rebuilt island.

Just saying

You are so right.  This, has been noted in a much earlier thread on this otherwise impressive scenery.

Ken

It truly is outstanding looking scenery. 

It doesn't work at all in Version 5xxx? It would be a nice touch if a modernized Essex hull with big white number 10 on the stack could be put in.

Her sister ship, the Intrepid is a museum in New York City.

Edited by GaryRR

On 6/14/2021 at 4:29 PM, Ken Q said:

As is Lexington (CV,CVA, CVT 16) in Corpus Christi, TX,  and Hornet (CV,CVA, CVS 12) in Alameda,CA.

Ken

Correct you are. Quite a few Essex's surviving. They were a very useful design. Shame, something that size but updated would be very effective with F35c's

On 6/13/2021 at 10:21 PM, GaryRR said:

It truly is outstanding looking scenery. 

It doesn't work at all in Version 5xxx? It would be a nice touch if a modernized Essex hull with big white number 10 on the stack could be put in.

Her sister ship, the Intrepid is a museum in New York City.

I was wondering what would happen if you just placed the folder in P3D v5.2 and then pointed to it,  in the Scenery Stack?  Hmmmm......

3 hours ago, GaryRR said:

Can't you just unzip to a file and use Lorby to convert to XML? Works with most FSX Sceneries

Can you walk me through the process?  I'd like to try until Orbx does an offical port.  The product is really, really good!  I'd love to see it in the clarity of P3D v5.2 for sure! If they ported this...it would sell on the V5 platform!

Just go to the freeware section of Lorby's website and download Lorby addon organizer and the instruction PDF. You would have to create a standard folder to install your scenery into which would have two subfolders, Scenery, and Texture. In the Lorby Addon Organizer under the scenery function you would need to navigate to that scenery folder, and select all subfolders. Click add in Lorby and then at the bottom click save. Lorby will automatically convert it to an XML entry and it should show up in P3D 4/5. But do read the PDF also. I just gave you a light description.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaryRR said:

Just go to the freeware section of Lorby's website and download Lorby addon organizer and the instruction PDF. You would have to create a standard folder to install your scenery into which would have two subfolders, Scenery, and Texture. In the Lorby Addon Organizer under the scenery function you would need to navigate to that scenery folder, and select all subfolders. Click add in Lorby and then at the bottom click save. Lorby will automatically convert it to an XML entry and it should show up in P3D 4/5. But do read the PDF also. I just gave you a light description.

Thanks for that and hope Orbx does do a full native migration in the near future!

I hope so to with all their stuff

Right now, I would just be very happy to figure out the right Garmin Trainer/atioglxx.dll/Kernal32.dll combo to keep RXP GTN from crashing my new 4.5. No trouble from nvidia systems. I'm considering a change.

• Like 1