Blocks of missing vegetation

So, I have this interesting issue and wonder if someone could help me solve it. The attached jpeg shows a portion of dense jungle surrounding Aiome air strip in Papua New Guinea. The dark rectangular blocks you see are areas in which the vegetation is completely missing. After some research I have found that this occurs across the globe in such heavily vegetated areas. This a new issue and I have no idea when it happened. I have Global and Vector, all region areas, all Britain True Earth sets, True Earth Washington, True Earth Netherlands, and many, many cities installed.

I am running P3Dv5.1 with most all sliders full right and good frame rates. Regarding my PC I would mention it has an i9 processor, 32 gigs of ram and a GTX 1080TI with 11 gigs on board  so I don't think it would be a graphics processing issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both global and vector as well as Object Flow. I have also run Sync Simulator after each reinstall. I have also tried turning off all third party software other than Orbx/Orbx partners products.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot PNG.jpg

That is precisely what I did. Fortunately I'd made a back up of the original autogen default.xml.  All is back to normal. Thank you so much for your quick reply Nick.

Cheers,

Bruce

• Thanks 1