P3d 5.2 update

wain71

Have it installed, been flying it...they have done a lot with this one...E.A. has never looked so good...and now no longer a memory hog.  Very nice so far..

Did the Content uninstall first

Did the Client uninstall second

Installed Client

Installed Content

Deleted SHADER Folder

Brought up Orbx Central and did a 5.x resync.  Got the green on that.

Been having fun ever since.

Not loading in v5.2 Scenery, have no need.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hope so :)

I wonder if this is the final LM upgrade for P3D or do they intend to keep it going beyond V5 ? ... pretty sure if they went a V6 it would not be a free upgrade as has been the case with previous versions ... honestly not sure what their road map is ?

Just curious how much further they can go with P3D now, just hope my add ons from Orbx and others still continue to work fine with 5.2 and my FS hardware Peripherals.

• Like 2

Just now, B12 said:

Hope so :)

I wonder if this is the final LM upgrade for P3D or do they intend to keep it going beyond V5 ? ... pretty sure if they went a V6 it would not be a free upgrade as has been the case with previous versions ... honestly not sure what their road map is ?

Just curious how much further they can go with P3D now, just hope my add ons from Orbx and others still continue to work fine with 5.2 and my FS hardware Peripherals.

Good questions!  I’d pay for v6 but not sure if there will even be a 6.  Orbx compatibility first then planes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is the Reality XP GTN, A2A and PMDG, and AS4 compatible yet? What about all the Orbx stuff? Thanks.

In my Case Jack  -yes to Reality DTN and my A2a Commanche - Orbx that worked in 5.1 seems to be OK so far

Install -  asks do you want Reality GTN

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is the Reality XP GTN, A2A and PMDG, and AS4 compatible yet? What about all the Orbx stuff? Thanks.

I haven't come across anything of my extensive Orbx P3D purchases that seem wonky...not so far after a day and a half.  I do believe that this version of P3D 5.2...will have renewed interest once more in Orbx P3D titles...yeppers.

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I don't know where to really start...other than this sim P3D v5.2 is simply STUNNING!

They have just killed the VRAM usage....I have the sim pretty much flat out,  and am only using ever....3.0 GB out of my 7.8 GB.  All Orbx scenery because of no longer any VRAM exhaustion, stays absolutely sharp and clear, from any altitude, and Orbx P3D is NO DOG, when not blurred, but crisp and sharp graphics.  I can certainly tell you, that I have never seen such graphic FABULOUS performance, from FSX, right up until now...not any other version of P3D, not even the last version 5.1.  Orbx scenery still started to deteriorate (or should I now more properly state, under VRAM system exhaustion) to a blurry mess, that I'd have to press PAUSE for 3 or four minutes before you'd see the graphics start to morph and 'crisp up'.  Not EVER is this happening now with v5.2.  From the first minute, until even two hours trans continental....every graphic element of all my Orbx stuff...Global,  Vector,  all of it....stays sharp as a tack!   I am absolutely thrilled, and most certainly,  P3D is back in the time slot for my hobby flight time, and most certainly to challenge MSFS for sure!  I will be back to buying Orbx P3D titles, as I have a fabulous reason since yesterday morning, to do so.  Orbx...get those P3D titles on sale!

Lockheed Martin...KILLED it...with this release, absolutely KILLED IT!

Cheers,

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 6

Active SKY BETA is out for P3D v5.2 and you should SEE, how the cloud banks look now....just deadly, and your VRAM usage never changes. I don't know what Lockheed Martin did using DX12 with this version...but WOW oh WOW.....

MSFS you'd better get your act in gear...for LM, is climbing up your '6' with their latest release...ground textures (Orbx Global, Vector, open LC North America at stark crisp and clear always!),  atmosphere,  CLOUDS....oh yeah...you'd had better look behind you....LOL!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 3

Up to now all seems good to me, even got ASCA working now with 5.2, they say on their website to turn off volumetric clouds and then ASCA & ASP3D do the rest.....I have installed PMDG but not had time to test however I must have an old installer for reality XP GTN as mine isn't installing.......A2A seems fine as do my buses....

I did a full install but as Orbx was already there it was easy, so far very happy.....running well on my oldish system to.....

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Up to now all seems good to me, even got ASCA working now with 5.2, they say on their website to turn off volumetric clouds and then ASCA & ASP3D do the rest.....I have installed PMDG but not had time to test however I must have an old installer for reality XP GTN as mine isn't installing.......A2A seems fine as do my buses....

I did a full install but as Orbx was already there it was easy, so far very happy.....running well on my oldish system to.....

Excellent news Wain.  Please keep me up do date on PMDG.  Glad Orbx is working though, that’s vital.

• Like 2

A question for other adopters.  I very much like the performance of the v5.2, but in TERRAIN LOADING,  my sim starting sessions sits at 5 % for almost 8 minutes, and then slowly, very slowly climbs to 100 percent and then the airport.  All the time, the busy light of my computer is ranking on.  Has anybody else experienced a much longer load in time, before dumping to the chosen airport and/or scenery?  That's my only 'critique' so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

A question for other adopters.  I very much like the performance of the v5.2, but in TERRAIN LOADING,  my sim starting sessions sits at 5 % for almost 8 minutes, and then slowly, very slowly climbs to 100 percent and then the airport.  All the time, the busy light of my computer is ranking on.  Has anybody else experienced a much longer load in time, before dumping to the chosen airport and/or scenery?  That's my only 'critique' so far.

Yes ! - exactly the same drawn out Terrain - and then at 100% - the top menu and pause statement

- on a Black screen - no aircraft

I havent tried it since - went to bed - frustrated

• Sad 1

Hello,

@Orbx Flyer

I don't think that this is new.

P3D v5 is known to index Vector files and it may be doing that.

You can see what is happening by looking at

Task Manager\Performance\Open Resource Monitor\Disk.

@John Heaton

Problems with the operation of the simulator are most likely due to the way it was installed.

There is a guide here:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

@Orbx Flyer

I don't think that this is new.

P3D v5 is known to index Vector files and it may be doing that.

You can see what is happening by looking at

Task Manager\Performance\Open Resource Monitor\Disk.

@John Heaton

Problems with the operation of the simulator are most likely due to the way it was installed.

There is a guide here:

Thanks Nick for that

I already had actually done a full install after deleting all - and I am part way thro' reloading all my Orbx from Central a fresh

Problem didnt occur on my first try this morning

On 6/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, Orbx Flyer said:

Have it installed, been flying it...they have done a lot with this one...E.A. has never looked so good...and now no longer a memory hog.  Very nice so far..

Did the Content uninstall first

Did the Client uninstall second

Installed Client

Installed Content

Deleted SHADER Folder

Been having fun ever since.

Not loading in v5.2 Scenery, have no need.

Hello, 

I juste installed the client do I need to Resync Orbx ?

Few more personal comments;

--------------------------------------------------

Well, I only realize now, in all these years of flight simming and buying and using Orbx titles/products,  that up and until P3D v5.2 was released, I had never actually 'gotten my money's worth'.  Nope.   I have been using P3D v5.2 exclusively since it was released, and simply am stunned at to what performance it is rendering under my long-in-the-tooth,  computer system.  I only realize now, over the last couple of days, that since the very first RTM of FSX,  and until P3D v5.2, I have always had some graphic deterioration, blurriness,  ill-formed graphic elements....that one over those so many different released, just thought..."Well, this is what it is....".

Not any more!  I find, that locked away all those past years, was absolutely GREAT graphics work and artistry coming from the Orbx camp, but I never, never got to see it, clear, fully formed, and staying that way over the course of hours of flight path.  

P3D v5.2 seems to me, to truly be qualified to being called v6.0.  So many great rendering advancements,  like the water, at High or Ultra, simply now stunning in color, depth, animation, clarity, and the special effects have been dramatically improved, so much so, you only have to view the wakes (three layers of them, and combining to a totally true world effect of a large ship passing and cutting through the water. Now, simply stunning to view!  I feel , there were so many refinements and improvements to P3D, that that is why it took so long to release.  You only have to RUN IT, to see how much prior video degradation of previous sims and versions, was left in P3D's v5.2's 'wake'.

Orbx Global, Vector, and openLC Land Class products together,  and when CLEAR...and WELL FORMED, is truly a pleasure to fly over. So much so, that I am going to just let MSFS mature for a year.  It's no longer the 'only game in town'.  Not now...   The nVidia WaterWorks, blows away any of the other sim's rendering's in color, depth, animation, and now wake and special effects.  I would say now...with so enjoying P3D v5.2, that MSFS is not the DEFACTO 'latest' and greatest.  Personal opinion of course...but to be able to sit slacked jaw, and my head moving back and forth in disbelief at the graphic quality output, from only seeing a 'step' release of P3D....is simply a pleasure to be responding in that manner.

The fixes, and new features, reads like a novel...lol!   Whatever you fly, enjoy...but if you had liked P3D, for any past feature...you owe it to yourself, to update, or to even reinstall P3D,  and see just what I am raving about!  Orbx...simply has never looked so good, and the sad part...the very sad part, is that IT HAS ALWAYS LOOKED GOOD FROM THE START, but VRAM system management in all prior sims,  never allowed it to shine....  P3D v5.2 never now goes over 3.0 GB's out of 7.1 available to DX12.  In v5.1 and lower, it would climb to as high in the same settings I like, to 5.5 or 6 GB!   Now...clear graphics...clear everything...and the entire session fits into 3.0 GB VRAM (DX12).

Cheers,

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Few more personal comments;

--------------------------------------------------

Well, I only realize now, in all these years of flight simming and buying and using Orbx titles/products,  that up and until P3D v5.2 was released, I had never actually 'gotten my money's worth'.  Nope.   I have been using P3D v5.2 exclusively since it was released, and simply am stunned at to what performance it is rendering under my long-in-the-tooth,  computer system.  I only realize now, over the last couple of days, that since the very first RTM of FSX,  and until P3D v5.2, I have always had some graphic deterioration, blurriness,  ill-formed graphic elements....that one over those so many different released, just thought..."Well, this is what it is....".

Not any more!  I find, that locked away all those past years, was absolutely GREAT graphics work and artistry coming from the Orbx camp, but I never, never got to see it, clear, fully formed, and staying that way over the course of hours of flight path.  

P3D v5.2 seems to me, to truly be qualified to being called v6.0.  So many great rendering advancements,  like the water, at High or Ultra, simply now stunning in color, depth, animation, clarity, and the special effects have been dramatically improved, so much so, you only have to view the wakes (three layers of them, and combining to a totally true world effect of a large ship passing and cutting through the water. Now, simply stunning to view!  I feel , there were so many refinements and improvements to P3D, that that is why it took so long to release.  You only have to RUN IT, to see how much prior video degradation of previous sims and versions, was left in P3D's v5.2's 'wake'.

Orbx Global, Vector, and openLC Land Class products together,  and when CLEAR...and WELL FORMED, is truly a pleasure to fly over. So much so, that I am going to just let MSFS mature for a year.  It's no longer the 'only game in town'.  Not now...   The nVidia WaterWorks, blows away any of the other sim's rendering's in color, depth, animation, and now wake and special effects.  I would say now...with so enjoying P3D v5.2, that MSFS is not the DEFACTO 'latest' and greatest.  Personal opinion of course...but to be able to sit slacked jaw, and my head moving back and forth in disbelief at the graphitic quality output, from only seeing a 'step' release of P3D....is simply a pleasure to be responding in that manner.

The fixes, and new features, reads like a novel...lol!   Whatever you fly, enjoy...but if you had liked P3D, for any past feature...you owe it to yourself, to update, or to even reinstall P3D,  and see just what I am raving about!  Orbx...simply has never looked so good, and the sad part...the very sad part, is that IT HAS ALWAYS LOOKED GOOD FROM THE START, but VRAM system management in all prior sims,  never allowed it to shine....  P3D v5.2 never now goes over 3.0 GB's out of 7.1 available to DX12.  In v5.1 and lower, it would climb to as high in the same settings I like, to 5.5 or 6 GB!   Now...clear graphics...clear everything...and the entire session fits into 3.0 GB VRAM (DX12).

Cheers,

I am in the process of installing my addon's for 5.2 , is this the water feature you mention ? :

https://developer.nvidia.com/waveworks

Cheers

John

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am in the process of installing my addon's for 5.2 , is this the water feature you mention ? :

https://developer.nvidia.com/waveworks

Cheers

John

Yes Brad, P3D v5.2 has nVidia WaterWorks 2.0.   It was introduced with v5.0, but now...has matured, and the wave animation at High or Ultra, along with the more advanced Special Effects, You need to have both at full right)  is STUNNING!  I'm now in flight sim heaven....and now in actually SEEING what Orbx Global, Vector, and openLC is all about...it all seems to be snapping at MSFS's 'heels', LOL!   I am thrilled with v5.2!  Orbx also now once more has a dedicated (looking for)  P3D title purchaser!  They can thank P3D v5.2 for that!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Yes John, P3D v5.2 has nVidia WaterWorks 2.0.   It was introduced with v5.0, but now...has matured, and the wave animation at High or Ultra, along with the more advanced Special Effects, You need to have both at full right)  is STUNNING!  I'm now in flight sim heaven....and now in actually SEEING what Orbx Global, Vector, and openLC is all about...it all seems to be snapping at MSFS's 'heels', LOL!   I am thrilled with v5.2!

Dude, you seem quite enthused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Jack...flight simming is back in the saddle....lol.  The version rocks!  To put it another way...imagine one, having dirty finger-printed, and lens-smudged glasses on for all the years covering since the FSX RTM release...and then someone lifts them off your face...cleans them, polishes the two lens, ...and puts them back on.   Your jaw drops with how the 'world' looks NOW!   For myself, a good analogy.

Cheers,!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have to say that having three great working sims back again on my HD is call for some enthusiasm for me , at least it get's me out of bed in the morning .......

:):D

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BradB said:

I have to say that having three great working sims back again on my HD is call for some enthusiasm for me , at least it get's me out of bed in the morning .......

That's nice John but I have so many other real-world things to do such writing, comics, woodworking, and my diabetic wife.  I loved making simulated flights but I find there's more to life than sitting in front of my monitor all day.  No offense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

I understand what you meant....one of your life's great interest and passions.  I'm about to jump in the shower, and then pack my motorcycle for a day or touring with my wife.  If I told you what all my other interests, you'd fall asleep, or pass away from old age, before you got to the bottom of the list...lol!   Ok...now to put morning and coffee flight simming to bed, and get out there to the garage, to back out the 'ride'....

Cheers!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's nice John but I have so many other real-world things to do such writing, comics, woodworking, and my diabetic wife.  I loved making simulated flights but I find there's more to life than sitting in front of my monitor all day.  No offense.

None takin Jack , my acre of property takes alot of my time and with my back being so bad ; I have to pace myself outdoors . My sim time is usually in the evening ; plus I can't watch politics anymore given what is happening to our country . >:(:(

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Just now, BradB said:

None takin Jack , my acre of property takes alot of my time and with my back being so bad ; I have to pace myself outdoors . My sim time is usually in the evening ; plus I can't watch politics anymore given what is happening to our country . >:(:(

Don't watch politic or TV for 30 years.  I have to limit my activity because I now have severe, extremely severe rheumatoid arthritis.  The pain is so bad I can barely function and will soon be in a wheelchair.

• Sad 6

15 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Yep , 8-9 minutes for me also ; where my MSFS loads in 90 seconds . :(:D

• Like 3

Nick,

In your above instructions in step 4 when you refer to "decompressed download" are you referring to the P3Dv5.2 client?

Also I am guessing that in a week or 10 days or so another Hotfix will come along so in the meanwhile I am studying up on the change over having been in Win 10 and P3D for only a little over a month.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don't watch politic or TV for 30 years.  I have to limit my activity because I now have severe, extremely severe rheumatoid arthritis.  The pain is so bad I can barely function and will soon be in a wheelchair.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

John and Jack

So sorry to hear of your medical challenges. 

Greg

Edited by gregmorin
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2