External view in xp11 goes white

Hi

I purchased true earth south England today and it all looks good when in the cockpit.

But when I go outside the plane, I can see the scenery to start but after about half a second the scenery just goes white.

Any ideas for a non tech person to check?

Thanks

Edited by Fidelity_SJB

Welcome

Please post a pic of the issue.

Also attach, not a photocopy, your scenery_packs.ini.

Do you get any on screen error message.

I will attend to your reply early a.m. UK time Tuesday as i am logging off now

Thank you.

So I did some testing and when I look at side view of the plane or out the widows all is fine, but when I hit 8 on my keyboard to view the plane from behind, that is when everything goes white.

I've attached my xplane 11 log file in case helpful?

I searched for scenery_packs.ini and think I found it, also attached.

And also attached the image.  I am sat on the apron here at EGMD but it happened in flight too, you can see the white that I mean.  Also take a pic from the side where you can see the scenery in the background.

Thanks so much for your help.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

• Like 1

First time i have ever seen this so bear with me.

Is the TEGB South addon installed in the XP11 directory or so it installed in a library you made?

Initially please run the Verify Files option in Orbx Central for TEGB South in case there are files missing.

I would also like to see a cockpit view pic if it is showing TEGB South looking OK.

Can you change the assignment you have for the view behind?

What does a pic in Spot View look like?

I have also rearranged your scenery_packs. It will not resolve your issue but is now optimised for when we do resolve this.

scenery_packs.ini

Hi, thanks.

I had changed some keys for throttle to replace the arrow keys so reset the keyboard in xplane but still does it.

• I just use default set up, looks like it placed it in XP11, attached screenshot
  • Attached cockpit view with scenery.
  • Attached spot view which looks good.
  • The ride along (Shift 6) also looks fine.  
  • So its just related to number 8 on my number pad, very curious.

Thanks for tweaking scenery file, presumably I just overwrite what is there?

S

Capture3.JPG

spot1.JPG

shift6.JPG

number8.JPG

location.JPG

The pics you have showed just now are not of TEGB South. They are of the default scenery.

This gets more intriguing.

Open your Custom Scenery folder and open the TEGB South folders and tell me what you see and the size of each folder please.

TEGB South is not showing. Have you touched the folders in anyway or moved them from one location to another?

Also please run the Verify Files for TEGB South using Orbx Central

Hmm, strange.  I flew around my local airport and saw a wind farm that wasnt there in default so assumed it was all new scenery.

Attached are screenshots of a number of folders, most have large files, a few not so much.

No, not moved anything, just ran the default install.  I could remove and start again perhaps?

Yes, ran verify, it was checking everything, I didnt see a complete message as left pc while running, screenshot too in case useful.

Thanks for your perseverance.

S

verify.JPG

southampton.JPG

london.JPG

birmingham.JPG

gas.JPG

earth nav 2.JPG

earth nav.JPG

castles.JPG

folders.JPG

power.JPG

to add too, I have a brand new computer.  When I purchased a new plane from Carenado i had some problems in the cockpit and I was advised that I was missing some Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files (I had the most recent but no older ones).  I downloaded Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1 and that fixed that problem but I didnt do the ones in between.  Should I add the missing ones from 2012 and 2013 too do you think?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

The pics over Exeter look more like TEGB South.

Your TEGB South files are the correct size as well.

I do not see any extra entries in your scenery_packs

Regarding your looking up white display issues, I am not sure I can help as we are now proving the integrity of the Orbx TEGB South addon which is as far as i can go in support. It is something maybe another entity can assist you in like a PC expert as it is an issue unique to you.

Yes to installing all the Microsoft Visuals;

I have all installed as per my pic here. Ignore the non MS Visual in the pic:

Capture.JPG.e296ef4af9d6736e7d5990ef43efdf60.JPG

This is the scenery_packs.ini I sent you a couple of days ago

scenery_packs.ini

This is the one you sent an hour so so ago:

scenery_packs_2.ini

Thanks so much for your guidance.  I will have a proper flight later and check some major landmarks.  I've now added those other Redistributable files just in case needed, and will reach out the the plane developer re the mystery 8 :0)