COMING SOON: Volanta v1.1 and Volanta Premium!

Interesting, I'm guessing unless it states the sim, the feature works with all sims? To restart CTD flights may be worth premium alone, so many lost flights because of it. Also the aircraft persistence works with any aircraft in P3D/XPL/MSFS? Sounds similar to GFO

1 minute ago, B777LR said:

Is there any of the flightplan functionality usable if using PFPX?

Once you export your flight plan from PFPX, you can upload the file to Volanta. Although, SimBrief is the current recommended method as it connect to your account automatically.

• Thanks 2

For me, $5/mo is too much relative to the additional features.

Is there some "Economy Class" tier you folks could come up with? :D

• I couldn't care less about hosting parties
  • I don't do long haul
  • I'm NEVER a.f.k. during a flight
  • most of my flights are now MSFS or DCS World. My P3D and X-Plane have become infrequently launched and usage is declining steadily as MSFS ecosystem advances.
  • Don't care about unlimited high-res screen shots (the Screenshots concept itself is very cool)
  • "Premium Status Badge" is even less important to me than hosting parties ;)

I wouldn't mind chipping in for Volanta if there was essentially a Free, Economy, Business, and Premium type of price structure. Don't know exactly what that looks like, but the gap between $0 and $60 is too wide to bridge.

Edited by UrgentSiesta
words
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

For me, $5/mo is too much relative to the additional features.

Is there some "Economy Class" tier you folks could come up with? :D

• I couldn't care less about hosting parties
  • I don't do long haul
  • I'm NEVER a.f.k. during a flight
  • most of my flights are now MSFS or DCS World. My P3D and X-Plane have become infrequently launched and usage is declining steadily as MSFS ecosystem advances.
  • Don't care about unlimited high-res screen shots (the Screenshots concept itself is very cool)
  • "Premium Status Badge" is even less important to me than hosting parties ;)

I wouldn't mind chipping in for Volanta if there was essentially a Free, Economy, Business, and Premium type of price structure. Don't know exactly what that looks like, but the gap between $0 and $60 is too wide to bridge.

Out of the options that you listed, the free version might suit your needs perfectly. Remember we aren't abandoning the free version, it will still receive new features and updates in the future. :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sante Sottile said:

the free version might suit your needs perfectly. Remember we aren't abandoning the free version, it will still receive new features and updates in the future. :)

Oh, for sure I understand that and I'm most appreciative! :)

Just letting you know you're missing some revenue at the current all-or-nothing premium price ;)

4 hours ago, Orbx said:

The current core features of Volanta will always remain free of charge with ongoing support. For those looking to expand their experience, Volanta Premium is for you!

Take my money! (You folks at Orbx are consistently top-quality with your releases).

5 hours ago, Orbx said:

We’ve also added support for fictional airlines (such as virtual airlines). To see fictional airlines within Volanta, you must enable them first under Settings -> General -> “Include fictional airlines in search results.” If

Any chance for support for defunct airlines? My Northwest Airlines flights look out of place with no airline name listed. I would imagine I'm not alone in this, as I do many flights involving defunct airlines. TWA and US Airways are listed, I also believe I saw America West. But no NWA. Please add thanks!

Otherwise i'm a huge fan of this easy to use all in one 'logbook'. Keep up the good work. Just add NWA please!

-Tony@PVD

One thing I highly dislike about this app is the time tracking. I use time acceleration as built into PMDG products. This app only tracks real time. I should have the option to track sim time for my flights.

22 minutes ago, erict said:

One thing I highly dislike about this app is the time tracking. I use time acceleration as built into PMDG products. This app only tracks real time. I should have the option to track sim time for my flights.

Hi Eric,

Send us a ticket https://Orbx.to/volanta-support as we compile all the valuable feedback and our team goes through every single one. There might be a way to accommodate this, although we've never come across this one yet. :)

5 hours ago, drewdrew46 said:

I assume if they don't specify a sim it works for all. I mean why wouldn't it work for MSFS? You can pause it

In MSFS there isn't a really pause like it is in P3D/FSX. You have the active pause, but this is not a really pause/break; some functions are still working on and the other choice is the escape button. This would come closest to the pause function in P3D IMHO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Merowinger said:

In MSFS there isn't a really pause like it is in P3D/FSX. You have the active pause, but this is not a really pause/break; some functions are still working on and the other choice is the escape button. This would come closest to the pause function in P3D IMHO.

Yes, and even when using the escape button e.g. for altering settings the sim time of day will not pause.

• Upvote 1

Premium user suggestion. I think I speak for most that we would LOVE to see a feature where when flying with Volanta on, we can see other Volanta traffic. I often find myself flying in close proximity or at an airport with other Volanta users and would love to see them in sim. I think this would be an awesome feature for premium users that would probably sell itself. 

re: in-sim traffic, for X-Plane I'm using Live Traffic which already has the AI plane models and stuff, and uses various data sources. Maybe Volanta could work with them to be a data source? Just a thought; I think this would be very cool to see other users in-game.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:56 PM, Sante Sottile said:

Hi Eric,

Send us a ticket https://Orbx.to/volanta-support as we compile all the valuable feedback and our team goes through every single one. There might be a way to accommodate this, although we've never come across this one yet. :)

I think I have the same topic with MSFS flights. Just a few minutes I had to do a flight once again because of yet another CTD.  I used up to 16x sim speed in order to be able to return to the spot where I could continue my Skypark job. The Beechcraft G36 won’t do around 200 nm in 20 minutes...

On 6/9/2021 at 6:49 AM, The Merowinger said:

This is not strictly true.

1. Go to your Keyboard bindings (or whichever device you want to use) in controls
  2. Set the filter to view all commands
  3. Search for Pause
  4. You're looking for "Set Pause Off" and "Set Pause On" under the "Miscellaneous" heading.
  5. Bind a key/button/whatever to each of those (yes you need two, it's not a toggle)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Already a great app and looking forward to this. Premium option looks very well implemented. Have any changes been made to landing analysis? Would love to see more details such as offset angle and distance from TDZ centre similar to STKP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...