From Taipei via Hong Kong to Macau

bernd1151

Mwidg5Z.jpg

SoFly weather theme: hot and humid. We depart from Taipei’s city airport, called Sungshan, which is usually reserved for domestic flights

3jWkGIK.jpg

The famous Grand Hotel, owned by the Taiwanese government. More popular is the white building to its lower right, it's the Taipei American Club, gathering place for many foreigners, who work in Taipei

Fa3L9vl.jpg

8XJoDS5.jpg

Slowly, Hong Kong comes into sight

6rSU9kK.jpg

IczDhUY.jpg

akV2nH7.jpg

sS2nzzH.jpg

I5fxpBd.jpg

Mg2rThV.jpg

It looks also good at night

QeUcZCP.jpg

Uml8Kui.jpg

Approaching Macao

LtbvfcQ.jpg

Ce2kn9s.jpg

MAx3GAf.jpg

zJXu3Ej.jpg

Ud7JKBW.jpg

• Like 8

Great route

Thank you for sharing Hong Kong

I am considering that one. I was just waiting, expecting for Fly Tampa to make the area but.....there is a good free add-on for Kai Tak. Another developer just made Hong Kong airport and SamScene made this cool city landmarks so I think the waiting for Fly Tampa's is reaching the end.

I'll give a closer look to SS's version. I have all of his other cities so I think this one won't disappoint me

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight & description, Bernd. Just a pity you did not take the old lady down in Kai Tak...

Many thanks, Gerold. Yeah, I could have landed in Kai Tak, but as it is no longer operational, SamScene, the developer of this Hong Kong scenery, decided to not include it. There is now a nice freeware version available, which I of course use, but I cannot show it here, as it has nothing to do with Orbx.

15 hours ago, adambar said:

First-class set of shots Bernd! :)

Thanks a lot, Adam

14 hours ago, BradB said:

Outstanding caps Bernd !! .

I'm pleased you like them, John !!

13 hours ago, John Mac said:

Wonderful, just wonderful Bernd!

John.

Thank you very much, John, for your kind comment !

13 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots of your flight, the scenery looks great.

Many thanks, John. I am pleased with the scenery too. It's fantastic that we can now explore the entire world with decent enough default scenery below us that we actually enjoy the flight :)

12 hours ago, Aharon said:

I never knew you are amazing screenshot artist!!

Is it MS2020??

Regards,

Aharon

Hahaha, many thanks Aharon!! Yes, this is MSFS

5 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Great route

Thank you for sharing Hong Kong

I am considering that one. I was just waiting, expecting for Fly Tampa to make the area but.....there is a good free add-on for Kai Tak. Another developer just made Hong Kong airport and SamScene made this cool city landmarks so I think the waiting for Fly Tampa's is reaching the end.

I'll give a closer look to SS's version. I have all of his other cities so I think this one won't disappoint me

Cheers

Carlos

Thank you, Carlos. Yes, the scenery is very nice. Even the colors and billboard signs change periodically and you have the ferries cross the harbor. 

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A splendid set of views Bernd.

Excellent city sceneries and I love the DC-7C, the first plane I flew on so many years ago!

Many thanks, my friend. The first passenger plane I flew on was the 707 :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Mike, I'm glad, you like them. That's a freeware plane, which I use in conjunction with the panel of the Flight Replicas DC 4. Of course I am using it only for myself. And should Flight Replicas ever decide to bring out this plane for MSFS, I will certainly buy it again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Thank you, Carlos. Yes, the scenery is very nice. Even the colors and billboard signs change periodically and you have the ferries cross the harbor. 

Great to know

Thank you

Oh another question Bern

Did you get Hong Hong through Central or through SamScene?

If through Central does it bring a sort of control panel to remove the Kai Tak area and use the free one or not?

I asked because the developer told me that if I through marketplace it is not possible to do that but I wonder if the same happens with Central

Thanks

Carlos

On 6/5/2021 at 10:43 PM, bernd1151 said:

Thanks Mike, I'm glad, you like them. That's a freeware plane, which I use in conjunction with the panel of the Flight Replicas DC 4. Of course I am using it only for myself. And should Flight Replicas ever decide to bring out this plane for MSFS, I will certainly buy it again.

Thank you for letting me know Bernd :)

It looks fantastic !!