Installation Issues

Two issues...

First Issue: After I installed all of my Orbx products and started up FSX SE, I got this error message:

SCENERY.DAT file error. Close Flight Simulator, and delete 'scenery\base\scenery\worldlc'. Click OK to continue.

I clicked OK and another similar message with a different file listed popped up. After this occurred about twenty times, I used the Task Manager to force FSX to shut down because it seemed the errors would never end. Next time I opened FSX, I received no error messages. Apparently pressing OK did not actually delete the files because worldlc.bgl is still in its folder.

What were all those error message about?

Second issue: A couple of years ago a bought an addon airport, Bluegrass Airport. After installing my Orbx products, it looks like the runways are in canyons (see attachment).

How do I fix that? I tried moving that airport up to the top of my scenery list (priority 1) but that didn't help.

Here are my products:

Global Base Pack

Global Buildings HD

Global Vector

openLC North America

Global Airport Pack

Bluegrass Airport.jpg

Hello,

First issue:

FSX creates dat files to tell it what scenery is available to it.

If you delete that scenery while the simulator is running, you will indeed generate error messages

because it will have a file telling it that scenery is present when it no longer is present.

The solution is not to do that.

Second issue:

Try disabling the Vector Airport Elevation Correction for KLEX.

Hello,

there is no need to do anything.

FSX creates scenery.dat files each time it starts.

It does this by looking at the scenery in its scenery library and indexing all the files.

The error message is caused by the user deleting or renaming files while the simulator

is running.

Doing that means that the index no longer matches the files.

Restarting the simulator, or in fact reloading the scenery solves the problem.

If you do not rename or delete files while the simulator is running any more,

you will no longer see the error message that doing that creates.

• Thanks 1

Nick,

Thanks for your help. All Orbx products are installed and working well. Bluegrass Airport looks good after running the Vector Airport Elevation Correction.

I'll be trying out the various recommended tweaks to the fsx.cfg file to fine tune my setup. Does Orbx add and/or revise any of the settings in fsx.cfg?