Last day in Avalon ....

renault

15 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Expertly curated collection!

Love the last shot.

TTM

Thanks TTM:)

Ken and Tim @ Ken Hall  @Ken Hall, @Tim Harris

did such a bang up job on this one didn't they.

I think it is just drop dead gorgeous and so enjoyable to fly in.

Each time , when I'm finished for the day,  I feel like I've just had a wonderful holiday in S Cal .:)

Cheers

Pete

• Like 3

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:

From the 'imoji's', John's comment could be misinterpreted - your shots are in the top tier here and I defy anyone who doesn't agree.

Hopefully Pete understands my "Humor" by now , I am always looking forward to any post from our friend from the other side of the Pond . :D:)

• Like 2

We will miss you Pete, come back anytime it’s always a pleasure viewing your screenshots. I did think about adding some dirt on top of those glorious tiles but I just couldn’t do it, so I polished them up a bit instead.

great story telling, I didn’t know about the widows walk, great research, reminds us just how tough times were for sailors of yesteryear.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BradB said:

Last day in Avalon .... Promises , Promises . B)^_^:lol:

14 hours ago, BradB said:

Hopefully Pete understands my "Humor" by now , I am always looking forward to any post from our friend from the other side of the Pond . :D:)

Thank you both .

I appreciate the comments 

Aside from physically smiling at people and receiving one in return (which seems to be universal ) my life experience has taught me that hand gestures and emoji's 

are best used sparingly if at all.

This is  a very nice forum that I enjoy so much,  but some of my experiences, although hilarious would no doubt have me banned forever ,

so I shan't go into any details either publicly or privately.

And so to you both  I enjoyed, enjoyed , enjoyed your thoughts which is represented by :D:D

All the best to both of you

And John, just so you won't worry ,  I have dozens of others.  Tell me when you're on holidays, so I will know when to post them ...  grin,grin.

Cheers

Pete

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Wow Pete after seeing all of those detail shots I am going to have to go back and take a closer look at the scenery,

Thanks John

You will enjoy it. 

The real sleuth in finding neat things is TTM @TigerTigerM

He find's things that us mere mortal's would never know existed in the scenery

It makes flying in Orbx very enjoyable for me.

Cheers

Pete

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Super collection of shots there Pete. :)

Thank you Adam

Cheers

Pete

11 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

We will miss you Pete, come back anytime it’s always a pleasure viewing your screenshots. I did think about adding some dirt on top of those glorious tiles but I just couldn’t do it, so I polished them up a bit instead.

great story telling, I didn’t know about the widows walk, great research, reminds us just how tough times were for sailors of yesteryear.

Ah, .... I'm welling up !

Thank you . It is appreciated and I am very pleased you enjoyed them.

At one point in my career, I lived in an area that had many houses with Widows walks , which is how I came to know about them

They tend to be found on what locally would be called "Grand Houses" , that historically were often owned by Captains,

And what you gave us was certainly in form and spirit of a  "Grand House" which is why I got excited and investigated

Thank you and Tim so much for the details you give us.

I realize it is a lot of work to get it right, but for me it is very appreciated.

Unfortunately for all concerned , loved ones on shore often found that a ship had encountered trouble , from  the Captain's wives

spending endless days peering into the horizon , until the inevitable was realized .

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots these Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain

Cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A magnificent set to end your visit to Catalina.'

The place wont be the same without you or your interesting narration.

Thank you Martyn

Gotta go now .  My eyes seem to be wet again 

Cheers and thank you. It is very appreciated

All the best

Pete

Edited by renault
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, renault said:

Thank you both .

I appreciate the comments 

Aside from physically smiling at people and receiving one in return (which seems to be universal ) my life experience has taught me that hand gestures and emoji's 

are best used sparingly if at all.

This is  a very nice forum that I enjoy so much,  but some of my experiences, although hilarious would no doubt have me banned forever ,

so I shan't go into any details either publicly or privately.

And so to you both  I enjoyed, enjoyed , enjoyed your thoughts which is represented by :D:D

All the best to both of you

And John, just so you won't worry ,  I have dozens of others.  Tell me when you're on holidays, so I will know when to post them ...  grin,grin.

Cheers

Pete

Thanks John

You will enjoy it. 

The real sleuth in finding neat things is TTM @TigerTigerM

He find's things that us mere mortal's would never know existed in the scenery

It makes flying in Orbx very enjoyable for me.

Cheers

Pete

Thank you Adam

Cheers

Pete

Ah, .... I'm welling up !

Thank you . It is appreciated and I am very pleased you enjoyed them.

At one point in my career, I lived in an area that had many houses with Widows walks , which is how I came to know about them

They tend to be found on what locally would be called "Grand Houses" , that historically were often owned by Captains,

And what you gave us was certainly in form and spirit of a  "Grand House" which is why I got excited and investigated

Thank you and Tim so much for the details you give us.

I realize it is a lot of work to get it right, but for me it is very appreciated.

Unfortunately for all concerned , loved ones on shore often found that a ship had encountered trouble , from  the Captain's wives

spending endless days peering into the horizon , until the inevitable was realized .

Thank you Iain

Cheers

Pete

Thank you Martyn

Gotta go now .  My eyes seem to be wet again 

Cheers and thank you. It is very appreciated

All the best

Pete

Post anytime Pete , I will avert my eyes . :):P:D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have just arrived at the end of the various dissertations above & I am not sure if we have a Terminal; Situation, or a modest leg pull going on?

Enlightenment please!.:banghead:

TTM

Just some good ole fashioned repartee going on.  No worries :)

9 hours ago, jean marc said:

So good ! you are a magician Pete ! so beaufiful shots !!! the best of Avalon for sure

Hi JM

It's been a while. Hope you are doing OK :)

Thank you . It is appreciated

I am very pleased that you enjoyed it

But the real kudos need to go to Ken Hall and Tim Harris. The simply did an outstanding job , just outstanding :D

You might like this little video . It gives a real good IRL experience of what it's like to fly out to Catalina and land.

Makes you realize just how realistic the Orbx scenery is.

Landing on CATALINA ISLAND with CFI Alicia - YouTube

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 2:12 AM, Scott Harmes said:

Fantastic shots!  Your colours are always so vibrant Pete, and there is a lot of colour at Avalon and Catalina to bring out.

Thanks Scott. I appreciate your commenting

It's a wonderful area to fly in.  I really do enjoy the attention to detail that

Orbx builds into their scenery packages:)

All the best

Pete

17 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Great set Pete! Seeing the pizza place makes me hungry for Pizza!

Thanks J^3 :)

I agree with you.  This has to be the absolute number one best looking pizzeria I have every seen :D

and the beer doesn't look bad either .

Antonio's Pizzeria & Cabaret - Avalon, Catalina Island (catalinahotspots.com)

But talk about true to life modeling. Ken & Tim really nailed it!! @Ken Hall @Tim Harris

Cheers

Pete

Cheers

Pete