KAVX MSFS My first look.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:01 PM, FireRx said:

Just WOW:)

is Monterrey coming with KMRY too?

I'm really looking forward to Monterey and South Tahoe, as well!  Truckee would be a great addition to the Orbx library, too. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 3:00 AM, ravenn22 said:

I'm really looking forward to Monterey and South Tahoe, as well!  Truckee would be a great addition to the Orbx library, too. 

Monterey and South Tahoe are exactly the two sceneries I'm waiting for.  Hopefully also Landmarks Northern California, Landmarks Southern California, Landmarks San Francisco and Landmarks Los Angeles. The default areas are missing important landmarks. For example, the Salesforce tower which is the tallest building in San Francisco, the very long San Mateo Bridge near the KSFO, and the huge Moss Landing Power Plant between Monterey and Santa Cruz in Northern California (in the P3d version).

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 7:32 AM, glj said:

Monterey and South Tahoe are exactly the two sceneries I'm waiting for.  Hopefully also Landmarks Northern California, Landmarks Southern California, Landmarks San Francisco and Landmarks Los Angeles. The default areas are missing important landmarks. For example, the Salesforce tower which is the tallest building in San Francisco, the very long San Mateo Bridge near the KSFO, and the huge Moss Landing Power Plant between Monterey and Santa Cruz in Northern California (in the P3d version).

Yeah, a lot of the bridges in the Bay Area ( and LA ) could use some love.

I personally think all the major cites should have real geo for the skyscrapers or anything that constitutes a skyline. I'm not a fan of the photogrammetry, but I think it works reasonably well for low buildings, like suburbs and smaller, dense city buildings. Anything that is seen from a distance should be proper geo, as the photogrammetry looks terrible when it LODs. 

I'd love proper landmarks / cities for SF and LA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravenn22 said:

...as the photogrammetry looks terrible when it LODs. 

But only if you zoom in to an unrealisticly close level, like using a binocular.

Otherwise the low res. ist not noticable.

And IMO these photogrammetry LOD are a great way to provide a great, smooth performance.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, wolfko said:

But only if you zoom in to an unrealisticly close level, like using a binocular.

Otherwise the low res. ist not noticable.

And IMO these photogrammetry LOD are a great way to provide a great, smooth performance.

it depends on where, and server load - but usually for me - it looks bad most of the time. I much prefer geo for skyscrapers / skyline buildings since the developer controls the LOD and they don't look like melted pyramids at distance. Photogrammetry works better for lots of small, low buildings, IMO.

• Like 1