LDSP Out Of Memory

Hi all,

Congrats on release of LDSP. I was flying into LDSP when on final I had a out of memory DXGI error linked to graphics...and I understand this is linked to memory usage. 

I know another who owns Newcastle and says that scenery also is heavy on memory. That is also made by Havant Studio...

Split is a very nice product so would like to fix this. 

I have 8 GB VRAM with my 2080 Super OC, though. Little restrictive instead of 11GB with better cards out there. Is there no way to configure the scenery to reduce the VRAM usage? EA is off and settings on High. 

many thanks,

Dan

• Upvote 2

I did a first flight to LDSP today. Very nice scenery. However., I can confirm the high amount of VRAM the scenery allocates. Was in my case about 5.5 GByte. Well, it does not hurt me, because of that I have 11GByte available. But it is a lot for such a small airport.

Ruediger

Also happens to me, when looking away from the airport I get 60 fps, but as I look at it it drops below 30. VRAM crashes happen often as well, so I have to use 1K textures :unsure:

Looking forward to a fix/patch fairly soon because it's a lovely airport to fly to B)

Igor

17 hours ago, danbw9 said:

I was flying into LDSP when on final I had a out of memory DXGI error linked to graphics...and I understand this is linked to memory usage. 

I know another who owns Newcastle and says that scenery also is heavy on memory. That is also made by Havant Studio...

Hello Dan,

there are many causes of the DXGI error message and also several different versions of that error.

You can read about this here.

There is no single solution and there are as many opinions as there are those who choose to post them.

Certainly, an addon airport will add to the workload, in this case, it seems to add around 2GB to the VRAM

usage, increasing it from the default 3.5 to 5.5 or so.

In P3D v4.5, one can set every setting to its maximum and see no real problems except perhaps for a lower frame rate.

Not so in P3D v5, which, by using Direct X 12, has kindly introduced a limit similar in effect to that endured by FSX users

for the best part of 15 years so far.

Like everyone else, I find that P3D v5 runs me out of VRAM at the settings I would prefer, so I do not use them.

The biggest single cause appears to be shadows, so at the expense of not seeing any, I disable them.

The remaining world settings I keep at one stage below the maximum, which seems a reasonable compromise

between what I would like and what I can have.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 2:54 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Dan,

there are many causes of the DXGI error message and also several different versions of that error.

You can read about this here.

There is no single solution and there are as many opinions as there are those who choose to post them.

Certainly, an addon airport will add to the workload, in this case, it seems to add around 2GB to the VRAM

usage, increasing it from the default 3.5 to 5.5 or so.

In P3D v4.5, one can set every setting to its maximum and see no real problems except perhaps for a lower frame rate.

Not so in P3D v5, which, by using Direct X 12, has kindly introduced a limit similar in effect to that endured by FSX users

for the best part of 15 years so far.

Like everyone else, I find that P3D v5 runs me out of VRAM at the settings I would prefer, so I do not use them.

The biggest single cause appears to be shadows, so at the expense of not seeing any, I disable them.

The remaining world settings I keep at one stage below the maximum, which seems a reasonable compromise

between what I would like and what I can have.

It’s a constant battle Nick, I’m always tweaking all my settings to save a couple hundred MB of VRAM here and there.  I just wish I could get a better GPU cause I’d do it in a heartbeat.  It seems I need 10GB+ to get where I’d really like to be.  I have shadows all on low and only for internal/external vehicle 

I’ve been really trying to dial in TE Florida to get ready for KPBI whenever it might come along.  Had a fantastic light addon that I wound up dumping due to the vram penalty.  

• 1 month later...

If I may chime in here, I also have "out of dedicated memory" errors at LDSP, and there only. 

Happens when I'm preparing my flight out. I can klick "OK" and the sim will continue working for whatever reason, but it's strange that it happens only at LDSP-

Of my 7GB available vram, just loading a situation parked at LDSP will show 6.7 GB of vram used.....

(P3Dv5.2 HF1)

PS: idk if this helps but it would be great to have the option to deactivate some of the scenery features, for example the moving people inside the terminal... I could imagine this being quite a performance influencing thing.

Edited by Stu Antonio