TE SoCal HD mesh issue

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini to a more optimised layering as your True earth addons were not in the correct place in the .ini and may be affecting the scenery.

I also moved your 3rd party library files to a more suitable place.

Please replace your current scenery_packs with the one attached. If you are using X-Organiser then please ensure you have the latest version as other versions did not work well with the placing of True Earth addons.

If the issue persists then I will need to check with the dev.

scenery_packs.ini

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

With the new scenery_packs.ini the picture stays the same as before.

I've previously used xOrganizer v 1.3 for arrangement all files incl. Orbx ones and now I've downloaded the last one 2.4. I kindly please you to point me where should I check for conflicts here. I don't see any errors popping here,

Thanks,

BR

George

@Gorum79  --  A  screenshot of Orbx TE - SoCal HD ---- XP 11.53 (Vulkan) Stock KLAX - Los Angeles AP. (Attached)

That third party KLAX - Los Angeles AP you have installed may not be playing well with Orbx thus maybe causing your mesh problem.

You could try to flatten, or un-flatten which ever is not indicated in the "apt.dat" file of your installed third party KLAX Airport and see if that helps.

X-Plane 2021-05-25 10-13-42.jpg

@Gorum79  --  A  screenshot of Orbx TE - SoCal HD ---- XP 11.53 (Vulkan) Stock KLAX - Los Angeles AP. (Attached)

That third party KLAX - Los Angeles AP you have installed may not be playing well with Orbx thus maybe causing your mesh problem.

You could try to flatten, or un-flatten which ever is not indicated in the "apt.dat" file of your installed third party KLAX Airport and see if that helps.

X-Plane 2021-05-25 10-18-46.jpg

X-Plane 2021-05-25 10-13-42.jpg

Edited by Sentry11
  • Like 1

@Sentry11 yes you're right! I also use third party KLAX from MisterX. And when i disable it terrain is shown correctly. But note that I add third party addon to this map because Orbx SoCal HD doesn't (currently - I hope) provide detailed buildings of KLAX f.e. tower and Theme blds. I see somewhere in this forum that support team advised to use third party addons(both free- and payware) to the ones asking for these building to have,

Dear Orbx team. Do you have any planes to improve SoCal by adding the important buildings to KLAX? They are main sights (and signs) for VFR approaching the airport.

BR

George

KLAX.jpg

Edited by Gorum79

@Gorum79  --  Update the Mister X Library to version 2, read his instruction on installing his updated library.

Do not install the Mister X KLAX Ortho folder, just the Mister X KLAX airport folder as you already have TE Orbx installed.

Hopefully that should cure the mesh and your other problems as well.

@Sentry11 Mister X libary 2.0b is already installed in my XP.  

>>Do not install the Mister X KLAX Ortho folder

Please check what do you mean under "ortho folder"? If subfolder "Earth nav data" of "KLAX - Los Angeles International" folder, then I removed it, but tower and theme buildings are still missing,

BR

George

See attached.         LEAVE the entire "KLAX - Los Angeles Orthophotos" folder out of your "Custom Scenery" folder.

You then should just have the "KLAX - Los Angeles International" folder along with the "Mister X Library" folder installed into the "Custom Scenery" folder.

2021-05-26 08_11_09-KLAX - Los Angeles International 1.01.jpg

• Like 1

@Sentry11 Thanks a lot for your help! It seems my KLAX scenery version was outdated. So I've downloaded the new one and left only "KLAX - Los Angeles International" without Orthophotos folder and now I see your picture. Good that tower and theme bldngs appeared, but ... with "groove" going to the ocean(( 

BR

George

KLAX.jpg

Actually you should leave that box checked as the majority of AP scenery is developed with runways following terrain contours. For the AP sceneries that do require flattening that aspect is usually incorporated by the developers of those AP sceneries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1