Orbx May Sale?

Almedin

20 minutes ago, Almedin said:

Hello, where is the Orbx May sale I'm waiting wanted to buy some addons. Thanks.

The only sale so far for “Orbx” products this month is this

Maybe there will be more sales later this month . :rolleyes::D

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BradB said:

The only sale so far for “Orbx” products this month is this

Maybe there will be more sales later this month . :rolleyes::D

Maybe someone woke up to the sales tax rules in Australia with regard to offered prices

to include the 10% sales tax:blink::ph34r:

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Maybe someone woke up to the sales tax rules in Australia with regard to offered prices

to include the 10% sales tax:blink::ph34r:

That was my thought too, this was their way of correcting that issue.

Also their sales aren't usally the same every year, so its really unpredictable when they will have one.  The fact they had may sales in past years does not neccicarally mean they will have one this year....  but they usally have another one at some point in the year. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, caleb1 said:

That was my thought too, this was their way of correcting that issue.

Maybe they will also wake up to the fact that invoices MUST include the amount of tax paid

In 12 years - I don't ever remember seeing an Australian Orbx invoice with the tax on - and on one I got 

on May 2nd - Receipt #1016-2726 - for an "Odd" amount - $41.58 -  didn't state  the tax either -

and now raises the question  ---- was I charged the tax twice - and will I get a credit for the extra $5 approx

that I was over charged?

I'm not trying to be difficult - but I worry that Orbx - an Australian Company - I have great regards for -

were - or have been - breaking the Australian Tax  law due to an accounting error - due to the new International

Laws which came into effect on May1st. - closing the Internet problem of non taxing non residents

Incidentally - Microsoft also miss out the tax paid amount - when they invoice us in $$$ Australian - somebody should

advise them in a friendly way

To clarify the above for a non Aussie - Australian companies can claim a credit  for the  Sales tax on their purchases  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Maybe they will also wake up to the fact that invoices MUST include the amount of tax paid

In 12 years - I don't ever remember seeing an Australian Orbx invoice with the tax on - and on one I got 

on May 2nd - Receipt #1016-2726 - for an "Odd" amount - $41.58 -  didn't state  the tax either -

and now raises the question  ---- was I charged the tax twice - and will I get a credit for the extra $5 approx

that I was over charged?

I'm not trying to be difficult - but I worry that Orbx - an Australian Company - I have great regards for -

were - or have been - breaking the Australian Tax  law due to an accounting error - due to the new International

Laws which came into effect on May1st. - closing the Internet problem of non taxing non residents

Incidentally - Microsoft also miss out the tax paid amount - when they invoice us in $$$ Australian - somebody should

To clarify the above for a non Aussie - Australian companies can claim a credit  for the  Sales tax on their purchases  

In other words, the government makes things complicated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:20 PM, John Heaton said:

that I was over charged?

Orbx receipts before the 1st of May contained the words "the total price includes GST for Australian customers." After the 1st of May, it contains a line item (similar to the rest of the world) that states the exact amount of GST. You can learn more on the ATO's Tax Invoices page.

The "Receipt #1016-2726" you received was not from Orbx. It was an automated email from our payment processor, Stripe. You would have also received an email from Orbx titled "your Orbx order receipt" that contains the tax information you're looking for.

Orbx has been paying GST (in AU) as required by law, and there are no changes to that. As of 1st May, everyone has an equal base price, with taxes from their respective countries charged at the checkout. 

On the 3rd of May at 05:05Z, we lowered all of our Orbx prices by ~1/11th to equalise the base prices for all customers, so now everyone is the same! All customers will see the sales taxes explicitly on their tax invoice.

If you purchased an Orbx product between the 1st of May at 00:00Z (when the tax changes were introduced) and the 3rd of May at 05:05Z (when the prices were reduced ~1/11th), you should have already received a refund.

If you have any questions or further comments on this matter, please submit a support ticket.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Orbx receipts before the 1st of May contained the words "the total price includes GST for Australian customers." After the 1st of May, it contains a line item (similar to the rest of the world) that states the exact amount of GST. You can learn more on the ATO's Tax Invoices page.

The "Receipt #1016-2726" you received was not from Orbx. It was an automated email from our payment processor, Stripe. You would have also received an email from Orbx titled "your Orbx order receipt" that contains the tax information you're looking for.

Orbx has been paying GST (in AU) as required by law, and there are no changes to that. As of 1st May, everyone has an equal base price, with taxes from their respective countries charged at the checkout. 

On the 3rd of May at 05:05Z, we lowered all of our Orbx prices by ~1/11th to equalise the base prices for all customers, so now everyone is the same! All customers will see the sales taxes explicitly on their tax invoice.

If you purchased an Orbx product between the 1st of May at 00:00Z (when the tax changes were introduced) and the 3rd of May at 05:05Z (when the prices were reduced ~1/11th), you should have already received a refund.

If you have any questions or further comments on this matter, please submit a support ticket.

Ben - G'day

I have to say  - how pleased I am that someone at H.O. has taken notice - and had the courtesy to reply and not just padlocked the subject

and an explanation has been made to all others as well as myself.

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 2