Goosing about - NZ Mesh

great shots there Adam, I know what you mean regarding Paypal, I will have to look into this area though for comparisons....also I am a little concerned about SIM  updates, is it a big download?

• Like 3

Beautiful NZ shots Adam!  Maybe you could give me a great area to start my exploration of NZ. Not sure if default airports are allowed or not?

Would love to see Milford Sound and Wellington would be another as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful NZ shots Adam!  Maybe you could give me a great area to start my exploration of NZ. Not sure if default airports are allowed or not?

Would love to see Milford Sound and Wellington would be another as well. 

Not sure if default airports are allowed or not? ..........I am going to fly and post from default and freeware airports in NZ . :unsure::o:D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

... also I am a little concerned about SIM updates, is it a big download?

Being mesh only, it's pretty small. Looking at the OrbxDirect page:
https://orbxdirect.com/product/nz-mesh-msfs
"The download size of this product is 464.31 MB. It uses 523.93 MB when installed."

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Of course I'm bound to say that ALL NZ is beautiful ... but anywhere around Queenstown towards Milford Sound (or Wanaka in the other direction) should look good - especially as the default MSFS textures are pretty good.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Not sure if default airports are allowed or not? ..........I am going to fly and post from default and freeware airports in NZ . :unsure::o:D

I'd say default might be OK, but posting pics of other peoples' airports (freeware or not) would be a problem - especially as there'd be very little default terrain showing if the add-on area is quite large. I think we need to be sensible about this ^_^ ... the idea being that we should be showing the mesh doing its job!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice shots Adam, also the aircraft looks great, :) is it in the market place?

So if I am right and have understood that I am allowed to post shots from anywhere in the MSFS default NZ scenery

as soon as I have the mesh installed?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Very nice shots Adam, also the aircraft looks great, :) is it in the market place?

So if I am right and have understood that I am allowed to post shots from anywhere in the MSFS default NZ scenery

as soon as I have the mesh installed?

It's an old FSX model transmogrified and release as freeware. I'm sure a search would find it easily enough ;)

Yes - going by what Iain has said.Reading between the lines, though, I'd expect posting shots of other peoples' scenery (terrain or airports) wouldn't be OK - which is fair enough, IMHO - plenty of gorgeous default/meshed country to choose from!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent compositions & choose of aircraft.

Uninstall the Mesh & do shot #4 again so we can get a Before & After comparison.:)

I wonder what the Mesh does for low rolling hills such as in Central Otago?

Not sure whether I can manage the "before and after" as MSFS doesn't make mid-air position saving that easy - but I'll have a go!

I'll also take a look at Central Otago for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Adam

I still don't know how you make you shots look so good

I noted this, then immediately bought it.  I think it is great

I clearly need another "screen shot lesson" from the master

Adam

I also bought the recently released BN2 islander, (I know both you and I wish it was the tri lander).  

Best wishes

Bob

Edited by rlaycock
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

I still don't know how you make you shots look so good

I noted this, then immediately bought it.  I think it is great

I clearly need another "screen shot lesson" from the master

I also bought the recently released BN2 islander, (I know both you and I wish it was the tri lander). 

Bob - you *know* my "secret" ... it's quite simple, really ... just mash all the sliders fully right and watch the slide show!!! Setting up your external camera views/controls helps a lot too. I generally fly/scroll around in HUD view (as it's fast) then hit pause and jump  into "Drone" view to compose the shot ... maybe changing the time or weather theme when paused to see if anything nice happens. After that, very little editing (if any) in Photoshop ... and that's that!

I was tempted by the Islander (would love your thoughts on that!) ... but the Trislander would be awesome. It takes ugly to the highest level!

Adam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1