Sumburgh cars

alfy

Hi just bought and installed Sumburgh and have the problem with the cars going backwords

I did a search found the txt file that you had Jon that had no cars found the txt file from

Sentry11 but it's not available now

Initially I ask that you run the Verify Files option for Sumburgh.

The link to the traffic txt file is still in the Pinned Topics section:

However I attach a copy from my installation of Sumburgh.

Drop the attached txt file into the Orbx_EGPB_B_Sumburgh_Roads folder to replace the existing Ground Traffic txt file.

GroundTraffic.txt

2 hours ago, Sirqthepilot said:

Good day,  this is in regards to your solution with Orbx Florida... I'm having that blue tile issue  is there a way you can look at my INi and tell me where I'm going wrong? I have many other Orbx with no issue... Thank you  for your time

Please open a new topic regarding your issue. This topic of cars at Sumburgh is resolved.

• 1 month later...

Good day Jon,

I respectfully do not agree that the topic of cars in Sumburgh is resolved, and I would like to disclose my solution of the >Sumburgh road traffic gearboxes stuck in reverse< problem by explaining how things went for me.

The EPPB Sumburgh scenery started off with the cars in reverse. An Orbx update of EGPB (must have been version 1.0.1) solved the problem.

The December 2020 update (version 1.0.2) seems to have caused the cars in reverse problem again, at least for me.

Jon, your message with the GroundTraffic.txt file attached paved my way to solve the problem this time in the manner that your file made me want to experiment. This was necessary because when I used your file without modifications, there was no road traffic at all on the Shetland Isles.

You can see in the attached screenshot how I altered your file. What you see is the version which currently works best for me.

The history is: First I deleted the airport related lines in your txt.file, and just to try something, I replaced the zeros (the column below the '60') by 20s.

Road traffic was on again but the cars and trucks sort of slewed sideways, so no good. 

I restored the zeros. Road traffic was on again, vehicles going straight and forward, but too many of them for my taste.

Next, I decreased the  '60' next to 'highway 40' and '70' to '5', expecting that this would reduce road traffic. The opposite happened! There was so much traffic as if all cars and trucks in Scotland had ferried to the Shetlands.

Okay so reducing '60' does not do the trick, so why not increase the figure to... say 180?

Lo and behold, this worked the magic for me. There is reasonably reduced traffic. All cars and trucks are going in the right direction (forward), and everybody is driving on the appropriate (left) side of the road.

I could do with even less cars, but I do not want to tempt fate.

Maybe somebody will find this helpful. Use my advice at your own risk though (any and all liability in respect of traffic accidents is excluded).

Cheers Karl

GroundTrafficSumburgh.jpg