And yet again another Q & A video session of MS/Asobo, this time SDK

wolfko

I wish they'd spend a bit of time fixing their broken download coding.  Today, a 126MB patch.  Oh good, a short one.  Well it was not to be.

At 112.6MB the download started looping endlessly.  After about 20 loops I decided to pause the download,  then reset MSFS and when it started again,the download had increased to 34.89GB.  So here I am having to wait 3-4 hours at least to download a supposed 112MB patch.

Anyone think I'm being a bit critical and I should just grin and bear it?

• Sad 3

When I opened up the Sim this morning I received a error about my License not being valid . I closed the Sim and went straight to the MS Store and there was

a update needed for the  X Box Game Bar . I did the update and went back into the Sim and everything was fine . The update DL with no issues . I have been

very lucky so far with MSFS . Since 8-20-20 , 2 CTD only to date . I feel your pain John , I read the horror stories all the time on AVSIM and the MS Forum .

• Like 2

You are not the only one John. I get annoyed too when I want to fly but I have to wait for several hours for an update to load. It would be nice to have a choice, especially when it is a big update, so it can be done overnight or when I am busy with something else. Don't go there much and still enjoying LM and XP.:)

• Like 2

It is only an update for the airac cycle and water asking for the Baie du Somme area which featured in the promo video but not in game. Honestly I think I will give this sim a pass for the next few months as I am loosing the battle with it. After last update a stutter fest and I have tried all known remedies bar a complete reinstall. Hours lost searching and trying fixes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradB said:

When I opened up the Sim this morning I received a error about my License not being valid . I closed the Sim and went straight to the MS Store and there was

a update needed for the  X Box Game Bar . I did the update and went back into the Sim and everything was fine . The update DL with no issues . I have been

very lucky so far with MSFS . Since 8-20-20 , 2 CTD only to date . I feel your pain John , I read the horror stories all the time on AVSIM and the MS Forum .

Same here, I have been also very lucky so far with MSFS. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Mac said:

It is only an update for the airac cycle and water asking for the Baie du Somme area which featured in the promo video but not in game. Honestly I think I will give this sim a pass for the next few months as I am loosing the battle with it. After last update a stutter fest and I have tried all known remedies bar a complete reinstall. Hours lost searching and trying fixes.

It's "not only" the airac and water masking, it fixed a big issue with WASM modules that caused CTDs

I've been lucky too John (Brad), and sorry to John D about the issues.   Not without some mishaps but relatively smooth updating and performance for me so far.  Wish you could choose the time of the update being downloaded but I'm happy Asobo is committed to constant improvements.  I've enjoyed MSFS a lot, esp for the visuals.   I have a long history involved in aviation (not as a pilot) always loved the view out the window more than the mechanical side of things.   Love the aircraft too but it was their ability to get me into the air that I looked forward too.  ;-)

I did have a hang 2 days ago where just as I see the Fly Now button I get an error msg about bad internet connection and am switched to Offline Mode.   I think if was John D that suggested resetting my connection to the Microsoft Store so I used wsreset.exe function.  Seemed to work just fine.  I did log out and back into the MS store so it's possible just doing that is what worked.  Still, happy about the outcome.

• Like 1

It's becoming difficult to love unfortunately. I've had next to zero opportunities to "fly" lately, and when I finally sit down with a hint of excitement, here's a 22GB update... well there goes that window..... It was the same with a Modern Warfare game a year or two ago, I ended up paying for a screensaver basically.