The Panorama Route, southwards

Stillwater

Coming from FADS Hoedspruit we climb over Moholoholo Animal Rehab center https://www.moholoholo.co.za/ ...

acwz4Lo.jpg

... up to the northern Drakensbergs...

mINEgww.jpg

... just behind the Three Rondavels. No, Martyn, this is not a Circus artist group, it means 3 hills looking like the local traditional round houses.

mEQLYW8.jpg

You can imagine this if you watch the scenery from Lowveld Lookout.

Suf7Zbg.jpg

Next to the creek down there are the Bourke´s Luck Potholes, unfortunately not to be seen in the sim.

ddfkM9m.jpg

And the Lisbon River should begin at the falls of the same name.

pOCDF4k.jpg

Graskop is a village with hotels, bars and restaurants (and tourist attractions) at the southern end of the Panorama Route.

OXNxkQs.jpg

Finally we leave the mountains...

oNClriC.jpg

... fly across Hazyview, ...

h3YyFX7.jpg

... until we spot FAKN Kruger Mpumalanga airport on a plateau (left). The place to rest for this night.

SrmV0P4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I am enjoying your tour of Africa Gerold . :):)

Thanks John, and: Can you imagine how much I would enjoy to do such a tour in reality?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Iain!

Thanks John, and: Can you imagine how much I would enjoy to do such a tour in reality?

I am sure it is on your "Bucket List" . :):D

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I am sure it is on your "Bucket List" . :):D

You are totally correct, John. But the longer Corona stays, the longer this list grows. The only cure is simmed travelling, and it really helps a bit. Can we charge it to the health insureances?

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed the flight and the shots, I am learning a lot about Africa. (I take the names of the places your at and look them and read about them.)

Thanks a lot, John! Reading about these places brings you on a long, interesting Journey, I hope you are undisturbed!

I just found this place to be a good starting point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blyde_River_Canyon_Nature_Reserve#The_Three_Rondavels 

Or you take this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panorama_Route 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 1:36 AM, adambar said:

Nice shots of your African trip Gerold. :)

Thank you Adam!

On 4/24/2021 at 3:00 AM, TerribleT said:

Very nice indeed - out with the atlas again for me :D

As said before, I have the atlas just next to my sim desk. But in this case I knew the route by heart, as it is travel preparation, awaiting those days when travel would be possible again. And hopefully affordable.

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh Gerold, you make it look easy.  I have this OLC but haven't explored even .00000001% of it!

That means you can easily increase your "explorance rate" by potencies! You lucky guy... ;)!

• Like 3