LFLL and MakeRunways

Guys  is anyone aware that the scenery for LFLL is not being read properly by Pete Dowsons MakeRunways program.

The install path for my vP3Dv5 on my machine is:-

F:\SCENERY\p3dv5\LFLL Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport

As you can see the small case e in Exupery is accented and not being read properly. Is there anyway to correct this without upsetting the applecart too much.

Its a result of me trying to get flightplan visualizer to work at his link:-

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/162627-cannot-get-the-program-to-even-start/

Can anyone help

Graham

Fixed .

If you look also at the first minus sign between Lyon and Saint in the folder URL it is longer than usual. Its a different character and not being read as a minus sign by some xml readers and throws exceptions and false results.

I have changed the accented e to a standard one and deleted and retyped the first minus sign in the folder URL and associated addon.xml references and now all is well.

Can you tell me if this will now cause problems in the Orbx direct updater because I have edited the install path.

Thanks

Graham

Thanks Nick,

I'm sure it won't affect many users but may do in time. My scenery updates seems to run cleaner now. The makerunways version is actually something like 5.1.2.6 or similar even though it says 5.11 if you need to be sure just redownlaod it.. It was  updated to try to fix this error but couldn't seem to fix the anomaly with non standard characters as those found in LFLL.

Thanks for taking a look.

Graham

A note for simstarterNG users, after making the above changes, accept the new addon and let simstarter auto update its references to as it believes you have installed new scenery as the scenery url has changed

Archived