What we're working on - Orbx 2021 Roadmap

10 hours ago, pmb said:

Plus, I am under the impression several of the developers of these older airports left Orbx. There are some new devs, but these may set other priorities, and as far as I understand, airports are largely a choice of the developers.

Besides, there are a few very talented new non-Orbx devs at work for NZ/AUS.

Kind regards, Michael

Want to develop one for Orbx ? hehehe  ;)

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Given they are Orbx partners, it's certainly allowed to mention NZA Simulations and AUscene as outstanding Payware/Freeware developers.

Kind regards, Michael

Yep, I have flown from the Auscene airports in real life and they are very good like the Orbx of old! I had not gone outside of Orbx for many years but I am now buying from other developers which is an indication other simmers from downunder are doing the same.

8 hours ago, ianlighting said:

One location apart from YMML Melbourne International as previously mentioned would be to bring over YBRM Broome International to MSFS.

I miss Jandakot too, I used to fly between Broome and Jandakot in P3d.

• Like 1

@MawsonWhat we really need at the moment to compliment Orbx expanding range of "Australian" sceneries is the following aircraft "Q400 DASH 8" which would certainly fit well with the upcoming AUscene's Lord Howe Island :)

Or maybe a SAAB 340 (REX Airlines livery), quiet like Carenado version of this in XP and hopefully we see this pulled over to MSFS at some point in the near future along with there DO228.

Edited by ianlighting
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, ianlighting said:

@MawsonWhat we really need at the moment to compliment Orbx expanding range of "Australian" sceneries is the following aircraft "Q400 DASH 8" which would certainly fit well with the upcoming AUscene's Lord Howe Island :)

Or maybe a SAAB 340 (REX Airlines livery), quiet like Carenado version of this in XP and hopefully we see this pulled over to MSFS at some point in the near future along with there DO228.

There is a freeware developer on Flightsim.to  called Bindook that has a really nice list of WA regional Airports. They are not Orbx quality but certainly 100 times better than the awful default airports in MSFS in this part of the world! Flightsim.to » Profile of Bindook.

Hopefully Orbx will give us some more professional aerodromes in WA soon as this has the effect of getting freeware developers to add in the surrounding smaller aerodromes. Orbx spurred on the freeware ecosystem back in P3d so I hope they will do it again as it all works for everyone then!

Edited by Mawson
  • Like 1

@Mawson Thanks for the link as I had already added these a while back for my Australia folder using MSlinker hehehe. I'm always keeping an eye out for any niche locations that appear around for OZ especially while things get back to normal here at the moment in Sydney (Finally). I've been enjoying recently flights from YWLM Newcastle to YSBK Bankstown especially as the flight plan takes me along the M1 ending with a scenic tour around Sydney Harbor and finally ending with a visual approach using the Bunnings Store at Bankstown and, now we have the Hawk T1 and RAAF livery available over "Flightsim.to" makes it more interesting but, I would love to see a developer put together a dedicated MSFS version of the DH82 Tiger Moth.

Edited by ianlighting
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mawson said:

Yep, I have flown from the Auscene airports in real life and they are very good like the Orbx of old! I had not gone outside of Orbx for many years but I am now buying from other developers which is an indication other simmers from downunder are doing the same.

I used Auscene ( Southport My Local) once - and recommended them to Orbx  - and they made them Partners

along with NZAA

I now recommend the 2 local young blokes at Shunt Scenery - these 2 are going somewhere - and their Sunshine Coast 

YBSU is a chip of the Orbx Block.

• Like 3

@John HeatonSunshine Coast! Purchased this one after seeing it at Flightsim.to great attention to detail and worth the purchase! It would be great to see Axonos Gold Coast for MSFS at some point.

One place that is on my hit list and hopefully will make its appearance this week on the 28th is WIII "Soekarno–Hatta International" Airport Jakarta by Binersim (Pics look great). Which is going to fill a void replacing the standard version in MSFS. Meaning that flight services are resumed from Sydney and Brisbane ;) 

Edited by ianlighting
  • Like 2

Hello all! Can we please have an Orbx port / remake of KSAN and KSPS?!  That's San Diego and Palm Springs. Both places already have very accurate cityscapes by default. Please! Something around NYC would be awesome too- something for airliners... USA is severely lacking.  Thanks! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I used Auscene ( Southport My Local) once - and recommended them to Orbx  - and they made them Partners

along with NZAA

I now recommend the 2 local young blokes at Shunt Scenery - these 2 are going somewhere - and their Sunshine Coast 

YBSU is a chip of the Orbx Block.

Great, I have flown out of YBSU, awesome tip!~ I bought both airports!

Edited by Mawson
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, ianlighting said:

@John HeatonSunshine Coast! Purchased this one after seeing it at Flightsim.to great attention to detail and worth the purchase! It would be great to see Axonos Gold Coast for MSFS at some point.

One place that is on my hit list and hopefully will make its appearance this week on the 28th is WIII "Soekarno–Hatta International" Airport Jakarta by Binersim (Pics look great). Which is going to fill a void replacing the standard version in MSFS. Meaning that flight services are resumed from Sydney and Brisbane ;) 

The Shunt Scenery was a great tip, just what I was looking for. It seems with MSFS there is an obsession in Northern Europe so it's great local developers are spending a bit of time in Australia and NZ.

It fits right into Orbx's Brisbane and Brisbane Airport. 

• Like 1

The only issue which hopefully shunt address is the the problem with LVFR AREX add on's sharing the same active live space and hopefully they address this issue soon within gold coast which is annoying but I could think of worse problems like a lack of q400 or 737-800 hehehe or even a ATR72 which we desperately need at the moment in MSFS. Love the props and jets but we need more commercial regular aircraft right now I suppose is what I'm saying.

• Like 1

@MawsonThe problem is that the attention span is very short lived in these days of gaming an unlike us old timers there is a need to keep the level of interest up otherwise the majority of people lose interest. At the moment MSFS is losing peoples interest because there is nothing apart from the A320 mod which is not enough to keep people coming back with actual real flights and unfortunately it needs something else. People love doing there fav flights and what they consist of is either an ATR, Boeing, Embraer or maybe a SAAB apart from the A32NX available.  Hopefully we something new soon!

Scenery is not the issue but the simulator needs desperately some useable! commercial aircraft apart from the A320 mod and rather now than later if you know what I mean.

Edited by ianlighting
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ianlighting said:

The only issue which hopefully shunt address is the the problem with LVFR AREX add on's sharing the same active live space and hopefully they address this issue soon within gold coast which is annoying but I could think of worse problems like a lack of q400 or 737-800 hehehe or even a ATR72 which we desperately need at the moment in MSFS. Love the props and jets but we need more commercial regular aircraft right now I suppose is what I'm saying.

JFYI - there are a couple of freewares on the main freeware website

Good enough to play around in - one is a community build - and somewhere ?? - Asobo announced one coming to 2020

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ianlighting said:

@MawsonThe problem is that the attention span is very short lived in these days of gaming an unlike us old timers there is a need to keep the level of interest up otherwise the majority of people lose interest. At the moment MSFS is losing peoples interest because there is nothing apart from the A320 mod which is not enough to keep people coming back with actual real flights and unfortunately it needs something else. People love doing there fav flights and what they consist of is either an ATR, Boeing, Embraer or maybe a SAAB apart from the A32NX available.  Hopefully we something new soon!

Scenery is not the issue but the simulator needs desperately some useable! commercial aircraft apart from the A320 mod and rather now than later if you know what I mean.

Being a helicopter pilot IRL and the simworld  I know the pain welll as its going to be a year until MSFS supports rotary wing but I am making do with the hacked helicopters. Maybe if X plane 12 comes back hard MSFS may lose me altogther...

• Like 2

Seeing the helicopter mods available it demonstrates what MSFS can do and I hope that they move away from the current direction with the likes of reno which as much as I like this idea it does not have legs as offering something like a helicopter to everyone which makes a lot make more sense. Personal fav would be to offer a Bell 47 which is not bias by any means because of Skippy :) 

Anyway, more than enough items for now from Orbx for the next round and I'm thinking along the lines of "Out of Africa" for this next pic before we get to the Christmas seasonal silly sled images or a Christmas tree wow! and how I do this in MSFS will be another learning curve hahaha lol like LOWI with Christmas trees in Austria as the snow backdrop always works great for that special seasonal message!

Edited by ianlighting
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ianlighting said:

Love the props and jets but we need more commercial regular aircraft right now I suppose is what I'm saying.

I think this is the consensus shared by a lot of people, at least they are coming, they just take time like every other sim,

I wonder if Orbx will make more aircraft too?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Hi John 

We are well off topic but here goes 

That's one of the 2 A/c I mention - but got it from the other big freeware site .to

and this has a Kingair cockpit - not a CR4 one like the other  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The reason that I like to use Orbx airports in XP11 is first of all the quality AND that they fit in nicely with their True Earth range AND they are easy to install using their Central software tool where one has the facility to choose different drives AND the choice of their partners' addon airports can also be installed using Central and I assume that all those also blend in nicely with the TE scenery range.

Any chance of looking at producing Malaga airport as an addon please, either by yourselves or from one of your partners, now that TE Southern Spain has been released? Also, I assume that TE Northern Spain is now in the pipeline?

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 1:37 AM, ianlighting said:

Tons of scenery but nothing to fly to it.  Meanwhile, just today I flew the 744, A320 and 789 to some beautiful Orbx AU/NZ/SoCal scenery in P3D.  

On 11/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, thepilot said:

Since we are rapidly moving toward the end of the year... how are KBOI and KBPI coming along? 

+1 KPBI must’ve been held up due to the MSFS version no?  I mean it was in beta for P3D at the same time as KSJC and the renders showed quite a lot of work done!  I swung down under while we’re waiting and picked up YMML, YBBN (holy vram hog!) and YSSY along with AU and NZ North Island.  Having a blast down under for the time being, but still long for my fav airport. 

27 minutes ago, FBWFTW said:

Tons of scenery but nothing to fly to it.  Meanwhile, just today I flew the 744, A320 and 789 to some beautiful Orbx AU/NZ/SoCal scenery in P3D.  

However - if one realises that there is a hangar full of "Other than Tubes" aircraft that IS available for flights 

under 10000 feet and above 1500 feet - then one will find a whole World to fly in - even in small tubes

and speaking of having a blast - how about the latest addition to the hangar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0UWxksgMag&t=214s

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, FBWFTW said:

Lol, I'm not turning to the dark side no matter how much I miss being able to do simple tasks like seat belt signs ;)  

Edited by ianlighting

Anyway! looking forward to the next update with Australia being overhauled in MSFS and, have just acquired extra space (new drive for my system from MWAVE) knowing that this is Australia we are talking about and, no doubt will require more than the usual requirements in download time hehehe

Can I also request we have an Orbx "Australia Day"  to coincide :) 

Edited by ianlighting

2 hours ago, ianlighting said:

Anyway! looking forward to the next update with Australia being overhauled in MSFS and, have just acquired extra space (new drive for my system from MWAVE) knowing that this is Australia we are talking about and, no doubt will require more than the usual requirements in download time hehehe

Can I also request we have an Orbx "Australia Day"  to coincide :) 

The update is Jan 25 - and we are always 1 day later - i.e. the 26th - which - of course - is AUSTRALIA DAY!!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, John Heaton said:

The update is Jan 25 - and we are always 1 day later - i.e. the 26th - which - of course - is AUSTRALIA DAY!!

I am so happy that Australia is finally going to get a proper treatment of it's huge and varied landmass!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ianlighting said:

Yep and hopefully a few added landmarks like Leichhardt oval for that top NRL team "Tigers"! with no bias feelings with my suggestion on this idea ;)  

The Broncos Suncorp Stadium is already on Orbx Brisbane City - and no Bias - because so is the GABBA - where

this weeks Ashes test will take place - no bias there eitherB)