Jabiru 160/170 Bush Trips

Having bought the Jabiru, which I enjoyed, I thought I would try the included Bush Trips. Unfortunately, although I am in the UK when I activate a Bush Trip it defaults to Oz time so everything is dark. Not ideal for VFR flying. I have tried everything I can think of to change the time to local time. It is easy to change the time when using the simulator normally. The problem only occurs when trying a Bush Trip.

I am using MSFS2020, which is fully up to date, as are the updates for the Jabiru.

Hello,

until now I had not looked at a Mission but now that I have, it seems that with all of them, the idea is to deal with whatever is thrown at you

and those parameters cannot be changed. I don't see that as a problem caused by Iris, more just a feature of MSFS missions.

You are, of course, welcome to ask Iris Simulations yourself.

Here is the link.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/

Hi, Thanks for your reply.  I understand what you are saying but the flights are VFR flights so in the Australian outback it is very dark so following the visual instructions is impossible.  The first 2 legs I completed were fine but a couple of days later I went back to complete the 3rd leg and that is when the problem began. Also some of the landing strips are just grass  with landing lights at all.

Regards,  COLIN 

If you try to build a mission you'll see that many parameters are fixed.  Things like weather, ATC availability etc.  There must be something in the SDK that allows it, because if you try the Patagonia mission it sets the time of day.  Whether Iris deem it important enough to alter their package is up to them, in the meantime I think a quick change of computer time before you start MSFS is your best option.

I just remembered that they announced in the last update that they were changing the bush trips to Live Weather to make the experience more authentic , so it looks like you're stuck with having to fiddle the time zone... or fly early in the morning! 

I tried starting the bush flight last night at 10pm expecting to see night time but no it's set to 10am I think, anyway definitely daytime. 

So I either don't have the latest bush trip or the trip is set up to deliver an offset from AEST. Can you report if changing the system time works? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,  Changing the system time didn't seem to make any difference. I can't get any response from Iris Simulations so I have given up with them and I am using different Bush Trips which seem to work fine. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Mossie14 said:

Hi John,  Changing the system time didn't seem to make any difference. I can't get any response from Iris Simulations so I have given up with them and I am using different Bush Trips which seem to work fine. Thanks.

OK.  You can have a play if you like... it might work I have no idea, but...

In the Jabiru folder in the Community area wherever you have the aircraft installed, similar to this:

M:\MSFS Community\msfs\IRIS Simulations Jabiru J160-J170\Community\iris-aircraft-jab\Missions\IRIS\BushTrips\jab-au1

is a file called AU1.FLT.  Open it with notepad and find [DateTimeSeason] which contains the following:

[DateTimeSeason]
Season=Summer
Year=2020
Day=265
Hours=11
Minutes=6
Seconds=56

I'm wondering if altering this field will result in a different start time for you.  Can't hurt to try it!

I note that in the AU2-D1.FLT there's an added line:  

[DateTimeSeason]
Season=Winter
Year=2020
Day=361
Hours=13
Minutes=00
Seconds=0
UseZuluTime=False

Once again, playing with this variable might result in something.  Let us know if you do have any luck.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mossie14 said:

Hi John,

Tried your suggestion but no luck. Tried changing one file at a time and then both together.

Thanks for trying. 

COLIN

Strange.  it worked for me.  There must be a setting somewhere that is controlling the MSFS time, either in or out of the game, maybe Windows has a hand in it?

12 hours ago, Mossie14 said:

What did you change the time offset too? I will try your settings.

I just changed the time in that file to 0700 instead of 1100 and I got an early morning scenario. Perhaps if you tried the developer again they might find time to look at it now? 

Please excuse my ignorance but where exactly did you enter the time of 07:00. I have tried but to no avail. Iris Simulations are no use as they haven't replied to my emails sent to them via their website.

M:\MSFS Community\msfs\IRIS Simulations Jabiru J160-J170\Community\iris-aircraft-jab\Missions\IRIS\BushTrips\jab-au1

is a file called AU1.FLT.  Open it with notepad and find [DateTimeSeason] which contains the following:

[DateTimeSeason]
Season=Summer
Year=2020
Day=265
Hours=11
Minutes=6
Seconds=56

This is the file I have tried changing but it does not work for me. I have just tried another Bush Flight(Kodiak) and just like this problem, the first one or two flights are fine and then the time changes to night and I can't continue on VFR. I think there is something either in MSFS or Windows which is causing this to happen. I will have to try on other forums to hopefully find an answer. Thanks for your help.