YBBN v2 bugs

B77X

1. Runway 1L does not line up with navigation data the airport bgl file change to 01L

2. taxiway markings on Y and Z disappear no center and edge lines on ground

3. taxing over bridge on Y and Z the plane falls through ground

4. parking spots coded fuel is for airplanes that will get fuel change parking spot type to vehicle

5. Orbx Central not disabling YBBN Australia v2 BGL files

Thank you for releasing the airport update and nice pricing for existing owners.

PMDG EFB is reading 1L from somewhere. I re-scanned the scenery but your scenery is right setting 01L.

Disregard the vehicles/fuel in my list I can't edit the post anymore

Ramp Parking 99 is a parking space not linked to a node

There are 2 Parking 24 spots

Why connect every gate with multiple nodes instead of direct to the taxi line? This will confuse pushback from GSX.

Yes, a big thank you for the upgrade and for not forgetting P3D. The discount is very generous for a basically new developed airport and v2 does look great. :D

But I do also see a lot of layering fighting. This is with AUSv2 and YBBNv1 was uninstalled.

I looked through the files and I see no 1L I wonder why the PMDG EFB is picking up 1L not 01L

My thought is because the AFCAD has the new runway set as Primary 19R and the east runway is primary 01R?

29 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Yes, a big thank you for the upgrade and for not forgetting P3D. The discount is very generous for a basically new developed airport and v2 does look great. :D

But I do also see a lot of layering fighting. This is with AUSv2 and YBBNv1 was uninstalled.

I didn't see any of the layer fighting you've shown.  Might be something to do with cameras.cfg setting or something else that the scenery is not set to deal with?

Big thanks for the work all - it looks amazing and incredible to see P3D and aussie still being supported.

My feedback - 01L/R shows 4 reds on the papi as you get closer on the ILS, but mainly 3 reds on approach (I tried out an autoland in the PMDG 737). Before I get yelled at, I am aware they don't coincide all the way down, aircraft type and the use of the aim point etc, but this seems like a huge difference between the 2, more than you would see IRL. Is anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it is PMDG, Orbx or the navdata. 

Thanks again to all involved. Worth every cent!

Just now, Wolkenschreck said:

I have the same issue on ground (cockpit view). No camera add-ons .

20 minutes ago, anotherbusdriver said:

Big thanks for the work all - it looks amazing and incredible to see P3D and aussie still being supported.

My feedback - 01L/R shows 4 reds on the papi as you get closer on the ILS, but mainly 3 reds on approach (I tried out an autoland in the PMDG 737). Before I get yelled at, I am aware they don't coincide all the way down, aircraft type and the use of the aim point etc, but this seems like a huge difference between the 2, more than you would see IRL. Is anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it is PMDG, Orbx or the navdata. 

big red x is sode issue missing models or sode not loading

34 minutes ago, anotherbusdriver said:

Just shot the approach in the A2A C182 and all the way to well past decision height there were two reds and two whites with the needle on the line, over the threshold it changed but if you're relying on an ILS beam that close to touchdown you might think about cashing in your licence :D

47 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I didn't see any of the layer fighting you've shown.  Might be something to do with cameras.cfg setting or something else that the scenery is not set to deal with?

Thanks for checking the problem John. The cameras.cfg should be changed by Chaseplane but that's about it. Moreover, I checked if it could be related to the FSPXAI models, as older versions triggered a problem with the z-bias. But the flickering does also occur without any AI.

15 minutes ago, B77X said:

does it happen if you disable the YBBN bgl files in FTX Australia?

Thanks David, that's a good idea. However, I tried it before doing the video and it did not make any difference. From what I can see is it nor related to a bleed through of default ADEX surfaces.

3 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Just shot the approach in the A2A C182 and all the way to well past decision height there were two reds and two whites with the needle on the line, over the threshold it changed but if you're relying on an ILS beam that close to touchdown you might think about cashing in your licence :D

John, I am getting the issue before the threshold, passing 200ft.

Yes, I absolutely would rely on the ILS beam during an autoland, wouldn't you? If I were to ignore it I would definitely think about "cashing in my licence". If I were to see 4 reds at low level breaking visual for an autoland, I would be going around. 

3 hours ago, B77X said:

I get no problem taxying along Y and Z.  If I try to cross over the metal grill between the two, yes, the plane does fall through but you cannot taxi there in real life.

3 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I get no problem taxying along Y and Z.  If I try to cross over the metal grill between the two, yes, the plane does fall through but you cannot taxi there in real life.

That a new sim problem that came with v5 (maybe even v5.1) and needs to be fixed by LM. There is a longer thread running at the P3D forum and LM even issues some cfg lines. However, the proposed fix does not work. :(

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140885

And yes, I get the same problem at YBBN v2. Just tried it with the PMDG 747-8. But I am afraid Orbx can't really do anything about it. You could only try in the AFCAD to add an apron surface for the bridges in Airport Design Editor as a temporary fix. 

26 minutes ago, anotherbusdriver said:

John, I am getting the issue before the threshold, passing 200ft.

Yes, I absolutely would rely on the ILS beam during an autoland, wouldn't you? If I were to ignore it I would definitely think about "cashing in my licence". If I were to see 4 reds at low level breaking visual for an autoland, I would be going around. 

Is YBBN ILS CAT III?  I can't see anywhere that rates it higher than CAT I.  

Also, I just folowed the GS needle all the way to the runway, ignoring the lights, and although it was hard to follow the last 50' it put me right on the landing markers...

2 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Is YBBN ILS CAT III?  I can't see anywhere that rates it higher than CAT I.  

Also, I just folowed the GS needle all the way to the runway, ignoring the lights, and although it was hard to follow the last 50' it put me right on the landing markers...

Point taken John - yes.

I never said the ILS beam was out. My point was the PAPI is out in the 737.

Not a bug but looking a bit strange:
Is there any reason why the ground lines are so jaggy? YBBN is a flat airport and the taxiways are straight. A straight line drawn in Google Earth will perfectly align with the taxiway lines. My screenshot of taxiway A is done with zoom but the jaggy lines are also noticeable in the normal VC view. 

And, I think that the ground textures could benefit a LOT from more weathering. The wear and tear is missing, there are no cracks and patches. But maybe it would already help to increase the contrast between the different concrete areas a bit, as you have included variation in material (i.e., different concrete colors).

Lastly, I would have hoped for some level of animated ground vehicles and more custom/Australian ground support vehicles. Knowing the same vehicles (,which are probably useful for their PBR usability,) from KSJC or the recent British airports does for me minimize the immersion of being in (virtual) Australia a bit.

Don't get me wrong. I still think that the new Brisbane v2 does look good and the modeling of the buildings is very well done. :D
But knowing that I sound ungrateful I sill have to say that there is room for improvement for the ground textures. Comparing it for example with Turbulent's ground done for Melbourne v3 (I know, no PBR and different technique), Brisbane falls a bit short. Of course have I only paid the very generous update fee, which is a bargain. But I would be a bit disappointed if I would have bought it for the full price. 

Sorry for being so beefy. :(

Wear.jpg

2021-3-28_17-0-3-149.png

GE.jpg

2021-3-28_16-16-13-357.png

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

Could it be Envshade and/or Enhanced Atmospherics in P3Dv5.1? I see the same layer fighting/morphing as in Wolkenschrecks movie.

Just a couple of points re some of these observations.

Runway 1L does not line up with navigation data the airport bgl file change to 01L

Will switch rwy 01L to be the primary runway and see if that resolves this issue.

Ramp Parking 99 is a parking space not linked to a node.

This spot is reserved for the static Aviation Australia B727 included in the FTX AU AI Traffic pack. It is not linked by design.

There are 2 Parking 24 spots.

Fixed.

Why connect every gate with multiple nodes instead of direct to the taxi line? This will confuse pushback from GSX.

This is done to improve the path of AI aircraft into their parking spots.

15 hours ago, hjmx said:

Could it be Envshade and/or Enhanced Atmospherics in P3Dv5.1? I see the same layer fighting/morphing as in Wolkenschrecks movie.

Guess you are right, Harry. 

Flickering of black patches on asphalt textures:
Disabling Envshade and using default shaders does remove the flickering of the black patches on the asphalt texture. But they reappear as soon as Envshade is installed again (Enhanced Atmospherics deactivated, as I still use the legacy mode). That's the first time I see Envshade interfering with one of my add-on airports and I own far too many of them :ph34r:

Layering issues of taxiway lines:
I think this issue is not related to Envshade. Even with default shaders the lines are vanishing if I approach them. My video seems to cover two bugs: The flickering on asphalt surface and the layering fighting of ground markings.

And no taxiway centerline lights for me either.

9 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Just a couple of points re some of these observations.

Runway 1L does not line up with navigation data the airport bgl file change to 01L

Will switch rwy 01L to be the primary runway and see if that resolves this issue.

Ramp Parking 99 is a parking space not linked to a node.

This spot is reserved for the static Aviation Australia B727 included in the FTX AU AI Traffic pack. It is not linked by design.

There are 2 Parking 24 spots.

Fixed.

This is done to improve the path of AI aircraft into their parking spots.

Can you add a code for parking 99 to prevent other AI from loading into that gate?

I think 01L making primary does fix the 1L coming up in my EFB

The look of Ai turning into the gate is less important than preventing gsx from looking bad attempting to push planes back but that is my preference I could change myself.

Thank you

16 minutes ago, B77X said:

The look of Ai turning into the gate is less important than preventing gsx from looking bad attempting to push planes back but that is my preference I could change myself.

If the promised GSX profile was included that would help a bit and hopefully have custom pushes. 

20 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Not a bug but looking a bit strange:
Is there any reason why the ground lines are so jaggy? YBBN is a flat airport and the taxiways are straight. A straight line drawn in Google Earth will perfectly align with the taxiway lines. My screenshot of taxiway A is done with zoom but the jaggy lines are also noticeable in the normal VC view. 

2021-3-28_16-16-13-357.png

This exactly sums up my point I was making prior to release. "Most detailed airport to date." Misses major detailing issues. There is no where near as many bushes anywhere airside as depicted in your screenshot either....

On 3/28/2021 at 1:14 AM, B77X said:

2. taxiway markings on Y and Z disappear no center and edge lines on ground

Just had this happen. Landed 19R, taxing on Y approaching the underpass. External view, taxi centerline is clearly visible, but not visible inside the airplane. Airplane was on centerline, and fell through terrain near the underpass.

To add too the lighting discussion..as you can see its blindingly bright and they appear to be LED not Sodium yellow lights.

2021-3-30_12-37-29-199-X3.jpg

Some pics from over the years.

IMG_2722-Edit-X3.jpg

035C5917-X3.jpg

IMG_0351-X2.jpg

Another observation is the runway lights are coming on at sunset far to late. I just landed with all the airport dynamic lights activated but no runway lights at all well into dusk. In Australia runway lights are activated well before sunset and left on well after sunrise.

Great work on the update thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased YBBN V2 and installed it in both P3D V4.5 and V5.1.  I haven't checked 4.5 yet but I am having an issue in P3D V5.1.  Starting a flight at GA parking 10 or 11 there is a shadow area that flickers in size.  In the attachment notice the somewhat rectangular dark area in front of the aircraft to the left.  That area changes size growing and shrinking rapidly.  It also moves as I taxi the aircraft. Also, when I installed using Central files failed to extract with both installations.  I verfied files in both simulators but after this I went back and uninstalled the P3D v5 version and tried installing again.  Again files failed to extract.  Several times.  I could not get it  to install at all without files failing to extract.  Is something wrong with central with how it downloads and extracts files?

YBBNV2GAParking11.jpg

6 hours ago, jfwharton said:

I just purchased YBBN V2 and installed it in both P3D V4.5 and V5.1.  I haven't checked 4.5 yet but I am having an issue in P3D V5.1.  Starting a flight at GA parking 10 or 11 there is a shadow area that flickers in size.  In the attachment notice the somewhat rectangular dark area in front of the aircraft to the left.  That area changes size growing and shrinking rapidly.  It also moves as I taxi the aircraft.

Are you using Envshade? I can see the same on my PC  too. Just have a look at my video at the beginning of this very thread. But at the moment we can just hope for the service pack to show up. 

Archived