Liverpool looks a bit odd

Hi.  Just installed Liverpool from Central.  It put the entries in scenery_packs.ini below Global Airports, which can't be right.  So, I put both entries into the general airports list.  The default order from Central put the "roads" dierctory above the actual airport entry.  Is that correct?

I've firstly tried this, without loading up my True Earth.  I'll do that later.  In the meantime, the airport looks devoid of any other aircraft.  Many vehicles and buildings are partly buried.  One or two items are floating in the air.  Also, there appear to be a few small buildings in front of the main entrance (a couple partly buried), which I'm not totally sure should be there at all.

Before I edited the .ini file, I did load the airport, and I was sitting in the GA area, surrounded by loads of half buried planes. After re-organising the .ini file (as above), the planes had gone completely! 

Otherwise I  think it looks OK.  I don't seem to have any doubling up, which I saw reported in the forum.  I don't have any other Liverpool entries.

Anyway, I then tried it with TE GB Central, and it's perfect.  Still no other planes anywhere, but all vehicles and buildings look fine.  I let X-Plane put the airport at the top of the .ini file, and left it there.

Out of interest, I then re-edited the .ini file I use if I don't use TE at all (TE is all on an external SSD, which I don't always use.  I have 2 sets of .ini files, and use whichever is appropriate), and I put Liverpool at the top, but it makes no difference.  Buried and floating objects are there again.  It must be an underlying mesh problem, but I haven't noticed it anywhere else, except for one floating sign at Elstree.  I will look more carefully at other airfields.

I have adjusted your scenery_packs.ini  to optimise the Orbx addons and also placed the Liverpool roads file under the LEGPP airport file.

I have Traffic Global installed so I see plenty of planes. I do not see planes in the screenshot pics on Orbx Direct for EGPP so maybe there are no statics. You would have to ask Digital Design that question. 

http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/forum/199-english-speaking-community/

My pic below is with TEGB  Central active which is what I would always have enabled to get the most realistic experience possible.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7531db77ef8487478d4b089208f256eb.JPG

OK Jon.  I'll put the roads under the airport (which is what I thought may be necessary).  I only had them in that order, because Central installs it that way - so I thought Orbx would know. 

As I said, it all looks OK on my machine with TEGB working.  The odd effects only appeared when I just used the airport without TEGB - which (surely) some of your customers would be doing.   It is probable that the airport developers have optimised it for TEGB, and that the default X-Plane mesh does not quite agree with it...(?)   In the overall scheme of life today, these things really don't matter, but it's another diversion which serves to keep me amused!

You said you'd adjusted my .ini file to optimise Orbx.  I thought I had it about right, because it seems to work OK, but please tell me (or show me) what you altered.

I started this reply earlier, but we decided to walk a local golf course, which had kindly permitted us to do so, while golf is not allowed!

Here is the adjusted file.

I moved the Landmarks to below the TE entries except the London one which is required to be above TEB South to enhance the POI's.

I moved your World Objects and other Libraries down the layering sequence. libraries can be anywhere but I tend to recommend they are placed under TE addons and 3rd party airports.

I also moved the TEB South airports, TE Florida airports, TE SoCal airports above Global Airports as they act as runway alignment correction files to make sure the runways of the airports in those files are correctly aligned versus the where they are placed in default scenery, vs the correct position shown in the TE addon phot scenery.

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks a million, Jon.  That will now be my .ini file when I am using TE.   I often "fly" in areas with no TE yet available, so I don't bother to leave the SSD dangling on a hub for ages, without it being accessed.  Or, I'm doing a flight, where I'm mostly on instruments, and I don't need the TE views!  That's when I use the alternative .ini.

Regards

Archived