Kristiansand ENCN for MSFS and P3D4.5/v5 is released!

Untitled-1.png

Kristiansand Airport is now available!

The culmination of months of work, our latest project, centered in Norway's southern city of Kristiansand has hit stores now.

To celebrate, we've got two new release offers to share with you all. Firstly, save 15% with our special launch pricing this weekend only! Normal prices will return at 0800z on Monday, so get in quick!

Secondly, if you're buying the Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D versions together, you get 25% off! That offer is valid for the next week. Make sure to drop by our brand new website on the way - buy Kristiansand here!

Get it here:

1.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 4

Briefly-The pricing is direct reflection of the scenery development costs and complexity. While the SDK and development pipeline and tool are very good, stable (and official..) for P3D it's another story with way more unofficial tools, "hacks" and internal technics involved many more tools- bottom line of all the described is time invested at the development leading for our pricing decision. 

• Thanks 1

Just want to say that the scenery is fantastic, really enjoying what you guys have done here. There's one minor thing I noticed that I found a bit odd, might be something on my end. But the runway "markers" on the MSFS map seems to be a little off. I like to select these as arrival points when doing landing practices but they dont line up with the runway like on other airports.

Anyway, congrats on the release, it's a fantastic product

54545.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raz Goeta said:

Briefly-The pricing is direct reflection of the scenery development costs and complexity. While the SDK and development pipeline and tool are very good, stable (and official..) for P3D it's another story with way more unofficial tools, "hacks" and internal technics involved many more tools- bottom line of all the described is time invested at the development leading for our pricing decision. 

Thanks Raz, I already bought it before you replied, but I hugely respect your very open and honest answer :)  Please do more P3D5 based sceneries, specifically including sloped runways if you can?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Just want to say that the scenery is fantastic, really enjoying what you guys have done here. There's one minor thing I noticed that I found a bit odd, might be something on my end. But the runway "markers" on the MSFS map seems to be a little off. I like to select these as arrival points when doing landing practices but they dont line up with the runway like on other airports.

Anyway, congrats on the release, it's a fantastic product

Really happy to read your feedback! it's make us all proud and satisfied!

As for the runway "markers"- those are actually the runway starting points we defined there at the hold short positions at each of the corresponding taxiways for each runway. We made it by purpose and it's not a mistake. 

Edited by Raz Goeta
  • Like 1

Seems I'm not quite as impressed out of the box as others...

Multiple incidences of missing autogen, a key missing bridge, watermasking climbing cliffs, flickering texture on hangar..

Not quite sure if I have an installation problem or whether this would have benefitted from some beta testing?

Missing autogen all around the end of RW22

ENCN 1 missing autogen.jpg

MIssing autogen and bridge at end of RW22 over the river

ENCN 2 missing autogen and bridge.jpg

Highlighted flickering texture

ENCN 3 flickering texture on hangar.jpg

Watermasking climbing terrain...also he case to a lesser extent all along the river running the length of the runway

ENCN 4 mesh and watermask issues.jpg

Lots of mssing autogen

ENCN 5 lots of missing autogen.jpg

Missing bridge opp end of RW22 - I see this IS present in marketing shots?

ENCN 6 missing bridge.jpg

Also some severe issues with mesh and autogen popping up at close range - see vids.

Edited by kevinfirth

Hello, have the same problems as ...kevinfirth
with me comes in addition, every 5 sec my picture freezes, then it goes on and freezes again, if I change from the outside view in the cockpit, it takes felt 2 sec. am arrived in the cockpit. in the water are very many water mounds...
unfortunately I am very dissatisfied, hope for a solution, it is so not flyable with me ( P3D V5.1)( the errors are only with this scenery )

Ronald

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ronald said:

Hello, have the same problems as ...kevinfirth
with me comes in addition, every 5 sec my picture freezes, then it goes on and freezes again, if I change from the outside view in the cockpit, it takes felt 2 sec. am arrived in the cockpit. in the water are very many water mounds...
unfortunately I am very dissatisfied, hope for a solution, it is so not flyable with me ( P3D V5.1)( the errors are only with this scenery )

Ronald

45 minutes ago, Julio Garcia said:

I can confirm what Kevinfirth wrote. Missing autogen and bridge. I saw something similar after installing Tegel. Others had also described it. P3D 4.5.

I am going to raise a ticket as @Raz Goetaasked us to. I think anyone else with the same problem should just do the same, I'm sure Gaya will get it sorted quickly :)

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

I am going to raise a ticket as @Raz Goetaasked us to. I think anyone else with the same problem should just do the same, I'm sure Gaya will get it sorted quickly :)

Support ticket raised - my comments above can be deleted or modified if necessary, thanks K

38 minutes ago, Julio Garcia said:

ENCN error1.jpg

Also Updated to 1.1.0 today.

I got same problem, using FS Global Ultimate - NG 2020 mesh.

I also have terrible fps at night in default P3D aircraft, in front of terminal/tower. Something really strange here.

Normally i have 36 fps (locked at 36) at night, inside cockpit with PMDG 737 at airports with dynamic lights on, like payware airports ESSA, EKBI, ENGM, EKCH, EGLL etc.

Edited by Bakern

• 3 weeks later...

I reported many issues, both rereported again from the v1 release and the v1.1 fix weeks ago. Despite clear demonstrative screenshots, the devs have merely acknowledged the issues with a 'view' towards a future update. V poor responses from Gaya.  Regretfully I wont be purchasing anything from them until they can up their game.

17 hours ago, Julio Garcia said:

Any news here about a hotfix (mesh error with FTX Norway) ???

Got this answer regards spikes:

Hello Stein, I can confirm that the Peaks is caused by the latest update. The team is already on it and I'll inform you when an update/fix will be ready.
We do apologize for this!

Cheers

I sent this feedback:

"Slightly disappointed with the update, but also some good things

Good:

Bridge now OK

Some autogen now displaying

Water climbing cliffs fixed

Runway lighting on runway fixed

Not so good:

Road traffic not extended around airport perimeter road

Large swathes of autogen still missing

Large area of forest now missing

Grass on taxiways still present

Runway arrow marking not realigned

Noticed many of the static airside clutter vehicles are about a foot off the ground in the air.

ENCN1 - Floating airside objects

ENCN2 - Grass on taxiways

ENCN3 - Road traffic not extended on airport perimeter road

ENCN4 - RW22 marking incorrect

ENCN5 - Autogen missing/suppressed

ENCN6 - Autogen missing/suppressed

ENCN7 - Autogen missing/suppressed

ENCN8 - Bridge problems - terrain, alignment, surface hardening and model alignment

ENCN9 - Autogen missing/suppressed

ENCN10 - Autogen missing/suppressed

ENCN11 - Suspect apron markings

ENCN12 - Perimeter fence not aligned correctly

That's just from a quick visual check

Thanks K

Attachment(s)

ENCN5 25.03.21 Autogen still missing or suppressed at end of RW22.jpg

ENCN6 25.03.21 Autogen still missing or suppressed .jpg

ENCN7 25.03.21 Missing or suppressed autogen on either side of modelled bridge.jpg

ENCN8 25.03.21 Bridge problems (previously reported).jpg

ENCN9 25.03.21 Area of trees not present or suppressed.jpg

ENCN11 25.03.21 Apron black markings stand out as too manufactured_doesnt look right.jpg

ENCN12 25.03.21 Perimeter fence not aligned correctly.jpg

ENCN1 25.03.21 Floating airside objects.jpg

ENCN2 25.03.21 Grass on taxiways (reported previously).jpg

ENCN3 25.03.21 No road traffic on airport perimeter road (reported previously).jpg

ENCN4 25.03.21 RW22 markings incorrect (previously reported).jpg

ENCN10 25.03.21 Vast swathes of missing or suppressed autogen (previously reported).jpg"

Gaya response: "Thanks for your suggestions. We will consider those for a future update." 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Julio Garcia said:

Update 1.1.0 today installed. Mesh resolution 1.0. New problem.

ENCN error.jpg

Posted March 22

Now we are in December!!

Still same problem, any news on this?

This is starting to get ridiculous considering how long it takes to look at these errors.

Or is there no will in Gaya to correct this at all?

If so, they have lost a customer. :angry:

Edit: I'm using P3D....

Edited by Bakern

• Orbx locked this topic