US Oregon HD – Portland – some building textures missing

Do you have a Backup copy by having enabled that Backup option in Orbx Central as per the attached picture?

If so please remove it and then run the Verify files option again.

Report back.

Please also attach your XP log file so we can see if it is reporting any missing texture file(s).

No, I disabled backup already before that install. But you are right, there are missing textures:

0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.
0:01:10.161 I/SCN: DSF load time: 2679784 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/Earth nav data/+40-130/+45-123.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_textures/TE_USA_RG_Multnomah_Falls_Bridge_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_textures/TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_portland_textures/TE_USA_RG_Terwilliger_Plaza_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_portland_textures/TE_USA_RG_VA_Medical_Center_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_portland_textures/TE_USA_RG_OHSU_Hospital_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_portland_textures/TE_USA_RG_Biomedical_Research_Building_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.
0:01:10.161 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_portland_textures/TE_USA_RG_Peter_O_Kohler_Pavilion_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.

Thank you! That helped with the buildings on the hill, but the bridge remains textureless.

Fails from the log.txt:

Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_textures/TE_USA_RG_Cougar_Dam_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon/'.

Failed to find resource 'Autogen3_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/buildings/farms/silos/'.

Failed to find resource '../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon_portland/'.

Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_textures/TE_USA_RG_Multnomah_Falls_Bridge_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon/'.

Failed to find resource '../nw_oregon_textures/TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/nw_oregon/'.

Failed to find resource 'Autogen3_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay/buildings/farms/silos/'.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 21.25.46.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 21.26.33.png

Edited by woweezowee

Then open the "TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing.obj" file. Does the header read as the following?

I
OBJ

POINT_COUNTS    5463    0    0    5463
TEXTURE        ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_ALB.png
TEXTURE_LIT    ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_LIT.png
TEXTURE_NORMAL    ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_NRM.png
NORMAL_METALNESS
GLOBAL_specular    1

I
OBJ

POINT_COUNTS    5463    0    0    5463
TEXTURE    ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_ALB.png
TEXTURE_LIT    ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_LIT.png
TEXTURE_NORMAL    ../NW_Oregon_Portland_Textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Tilikum_Crossing_NRM.png
NORMAL_METALNESS
GLOBAL_specular    1

It's the folder name, there it wants the "_2048". What's the best solution? Put those files in their own folder or edit the obj?

Thanks to you @Sentry for your assistance.

@woweezowee As a matter of interest, do your TE Washington files sit above TE Oregon in your scenery_packs.ini?

I ask because there was an issue  with the TE Washington/TE Oregon display in the early days and it was found that having TE Washington just above TE Oregon in the .ini helped resolve the issue. As you can see, there are some files referencing TE Oregon within the TE Washington/Custom folder.

As far as the "custom" Folders are concerned, no. Oregon is above.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Oregon_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, a little off topic, but Sentry11's screenshot of downtown Portland looks quite colorful and saturated. I just bought Oregon and although it is amazing and detailed, the colors look a little bland compared to Sentry11's. Is it just a matter of adjusting all my monitors to enhance the saturation a little?  I am running the HD version. Thanks for this outstanding product! 

On 3/22/2021 at 3:39 PM, Champguy said:

Sorry, a little off topic, but Sentry11's screenshot of downtown Portland looks quite colorful and saturated. I just bought Oregon and although it is amazing and detailed, the colors look a little bland compared to Sentry11's. Is it just a matter of adjusting all my monitors to enhance the saturation a little?  I am running the HD version. Thanks for this outstanding product! 

There might be some plugins involved (Reshaders and the like).

@Jon Clarkeas far as screenshots go, it is not about the individual setting of ones monitor.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@woweezowee

Open each folder following this path:

Custom Scenery / Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom / objects / nw_oregon / TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project

Save a copy of the .obj file "TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project" in case things get euchred.

Open the .obj file "TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project" in a text editor.

Copy the following group of lines exactly without the beginning and ending quote chars:

"I
OBJ

POINT_COUNTS    2964    0    0    2964
TEXTURE ../nw_oregon_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project_ALB.png
TEXTURE_LIT ../nw_oregon_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project_LIT.png
TEXTURE_NORMAL ../nw_oregon_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project_NRM.png
NORMAL_METALNESS
GLOBAL_specular    1"

Select the first 9 lines of the opened .obj file "TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project".

Then paste the 9 lines without the quote chars you just copied into the file "TE_USA_RG_River_Mill_Hydroelectric_Project" replacing the selected lines in that file and SAVE the file and close.   That's It.

X-Plane 2021-05-29 03-01-02.jpg