Possible to have car traffic on bridges?

One thing I like in P3D is the road- and sea traffic, which some of you may shun due to performance considerations, but it makes cities alive and busy. During VFR flights, I like having a lot of traffic even if that incurs a FPS penalty, and the traffic density at 30% settings in P3D is higher than at 100% in MSFS according to my observations.

However, using Orbx Vector, you don't see cars driving on bridges generated by Vector, which takes away immersion: It's just funny that you see a swarm of cars disappearing when they enter the bridge, and then reappearing at the end - it's like a tunnel.

In this regard, is it somehow possible to have the sim treat bridges like ordinary roads?  I have used sceneries where I saw card driving on bridges, so I wonder if it could be done with the bridges from Orbx Vector?

I would appreciate your input.

As far as i know it's not possible. You could see a bridge with car trafic on it if it crosses a river or whatever else water area, because there isn't anything below. But if a road runs under a bridge the simulator engine doesn't allow to run cars at different altitudes. If the trafic car is enabled you would see cars running below the bridge to jump onto it and to go down again because the bridge has probably a hard surface and it creates an imaginary volume even below it. For this reason the car trafic is disabled near a bridge.

Hello Maurizio,

Thank you very much for taking your time to address my question!  It looks like I was not specific enough when I talked about bridges. I didn't mean bridges that go above another road, but bridges that cross a river or a bay.

Let me give you a good example: The below image shows a bridge crossing a river in Germany using Orbx Germany North. As you can see, there is plenty of traffic on the bridge, and the transition from the road to the bridge is uninterrupted.

Bridge ORBX GEN.jpg

However, if you look at the following image, where I deactivated Orbx GEN, leaving only Vector and OpenLC EU, you can see the same bridge, but it has no cars/trucks on it. The cars that approach from the main road simply disappear. In this regard, since you mentioned...

You could see a bridge with car trafic on it if it crosses a river or whatever else water area, because there isn't anything below.

...I am wondering if the lack of traffic on bridges using Vector is normal, or if something is wrong with my settings or the placement of Vector in my scenery library. 

Please let me know.

Bridge ORBX Vector.jpg

Yes, being present the problem when roads intersect at different altitudes, it's easier to disable the trafic on the bridge, otherwise you have to program every single bridge because it's in a different situation respect to the others. Bridges crossing water ok for the trafic, extrusion bridges with a road below, trafic not possible. Considering the amount of bridges in the scenery world, it's easier to make this way. My intention was to explain the reason :)

I understand, although it's unfortunate that the cars don't run through the extrusion bridges. If the bridges are as short as on the pictures above, it is not even that noticeable. However, I have flown over places with long bridges over bays that had no cars, and this is where having car traffic on them would add a lot of realism. Is there a possibility that the streets will be updated in the future and that traffic will be added to long bridges?  (They should be easier to identify and "count" than short bridges).

Archived