EGLC - what are the latest new ?

• 4 weeks later...

EGLC, not EGCL?

Impatient I ported the v4 EGLC folder to v5 in an attempt.

src_EGLC_BLACK01.lua
src_EGLC_BLACK02.lua
src_EGLC_CONCRETE01.lua
src_EGLC_GREY01.lua
src_EGLC_SOIL01.lua

If anything other than the above files is removed from the scripts folder, EGLC will not look noticeably strange in v5.

• Upvote 2

On 3/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, BuddhistManX said:

If anything other than the above files is removed from the scripts folder, EGLC will not look noticeably strange in v5.

As I recall, the last time I tried running it in v5, the ground level was several feet above where it should be, and all the buildings and objects were buried into the ground. Greg Jones confirmed there were issues with the ground poly. Does your method fix this?

I will also give it a try. As much as I love UK2000's EGLC, it's last-gen technology and it's noticeably different from how the airport looks today. Mind you, so is Orbx EGLC - you'd have to have the apron extension and building works, and the new remote control tower, and the temporary building on the apron, with the relevant parking / gates closed, to be fully up to date. When the current works finish (who knows when that'll be given COVID and the current woes of the aviation industry) and there's a new terminal building, extended apron, and new full-length taxiway to Rwy 28, we'll all be back here asking Orbx to update the scenery :-)

But getting an official version of the current airport for P3Dv5 would be a great start. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Neil Hewitt said:

But getting an official version of the current airport for P3Dv5 would be a great start. 

Or at least a feedback concerning the progress of an update, as promised by Ed.

Gérard

• Upvote 1

Sorry.

Simply removing the script file will make the default airport altitude file bad.

This can be resolved by adding the following CVX file to the scenery folder.

It seems that accurate ground altitude is difficult for runways with seawalls.

Aircraft tires remain a little sunk.

to EGLC London City Airport\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGLC\Scenery

download cvx file

Incidentally, the cause of the RW27 crash is probably EGLC_Airport_buildings_RW in the library PBR_EGLC_Buildings.BGL.

There may be some invisible error in the concrete platform mounting condition of the bridge object on the RW27 side.

Exporting EGLC_Airport_buildings_RW from the library to .mdl in MCX and removing only the RW27 bridge object platform in the Attachment Editor may be a good first aid measure.

Then save it as .bgl for v4.4.

Delete EGLC_Airport_buildings_RW on the library side.

If you don't like flying with no crash.

When I check the Aircraft of my favorite add-on on the MCX, I find that I have a huge crash box and I flinch.

• Upvote 1

I tried the fixes suggested here and added the extra CVX file and now EGLC looks pretty good in v5. Ground elevation issues gone. Obviously I'm missing some of the effects etc provided by the various scripts I disabled, but visually it looks fine in the daytime, and certainly more modern than UK2000. Will test it properly later on... thanks @BuddhistManX!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the fix. I did not used the CVX, as I don't use crash detection :)

To many sceneries have issues with this option ON...

On 3/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, BuddhistManX said:

EGLC will not look noticeably strange in v5.

True... :lol:

Gérard

• 1 month later...

Great!! Now with the 50% discount I think I buy it or just a few of the other P3Dv5 airports or TE regions. Thanks for bringing EGLC to p3Dv5.

Now I hope the rest will follow (Charleston, Barcelona, etc). I think the future for P3D is still very bright. An update to 5.2 will come along and give serious improvements I think. I also own MSFS but keep coming back to p3D. :lol:

I'm assuming you have installed EGLC directly into your P3D V5 system. If so, you should to see the a Folder Prepar3D/LuaScripts. Please copy the contents of that folder, (26 files) into your Prepar3D/Scripts folder and that should sort this issue.

The EGLC installer is being updated to fix this anomaly.

55 minutes ago, Kevin Broucker said:

opppss .. sorry .. 

Hello, many thanks for EGLC on V5 I expected a lot, it works fine, but the traffic is in the ground, do you have a solution?* 

Please check that the EGLC files in FTX England have disabled by Orbx Central. 
Search the England scenery folder for EGLC and there should be 3 files that’s disabled.