Black Tiles with P3Dv5.1

Never had a problem before with Orbx.  Installed P3Dv5.1 and clean install of Orbx scenery, LC, Vector and all the others.  Now when flying I am getting black tiles all over the place so I updated my NIDIA drivers for my 2070 but still have the problem. Not sure what to do now.  Thanks,  Harv Stein

Hello,

could it be this:

The reason is usually that the  Orbx version of the lclookup.bgl file has been replaced with another one, usually the default version.

The second reason is also because the Orbx edits to the terrain.cfg file have been replaced, once again usually by the default version.

Both these files are crucial to the correct display of Orbx Global base and all the open LC products.

It is important to be aware that if the Delete Generated Files batch file in the P3D root folder has been run, the terrain.cfg file will have

been restored to its default state. Similarly, if an update to the P3D version or even a re-installation of the existing version has been

carried out, the lclookup.bgl file will also have been returned to its default state.

These are not the only causes of this problem, but they are the main ones.

If your scenery starts to look like this:

Annotation 2020-03-19 102104.jpg

First run Verify files for Global Base and for all your open LC products and

the Orbx Libraries to rule out the possibility of missing files.

If this does not work:

1a. If your Orbx Libraries are installed into the P3D folder

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace the lclookup.bgl file.

1b. If your Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, please do not rename

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

2. Rename C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off

3. Run P3D v5 once to create a new terrain.cfg file and close it.

4. Then run Settings\Help\Sync Simulator in Orbx Central which will write back the Orbx entries.

5. Then try P3D again.

Please note:

1. that each of these steps must be taken in this exact order, or further problems will result.

2. that the term "Orbx Libraries" refers specifically to the Orbx Libraries product, it does not

mean Orbx products in general.

Archived