Does HD Buildings Product eat a ton of VRAM or VAS?

For the longest I have been wanting to purchase this beautiful looking product, but I've always had worries of it being the cherry on top sudden performance drop of several other performance taxing Orbx addons I have installed in FSX.

Default building textures are 512 x 512, so when using 4096 x 4096 resolution , each textures is 64x larger in size.

Between a quality addon aircraft ,all Orbx scenery bells and whistles and additional REX addons there's already alot of VRAM tax.

Could the developer of HD Buildings possibly consider smaller texture options? Maybe 1K or 2K resolution options in the package?

8 hours ago, John Dow said:

I'll let the devs answer this more authoritatively if they spot this but I believe the HD buildings has negligible impact on fps.  Certainly in my case I don't see any difference.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway. Figured it only being $21 and I could easily uninstall it if it did eat too much performance thanks to Orbx Central.

Sure enough I haven't noticed any performance impact with the 4096x4096 textures and the new buildings add more color to the scenery and the night lit windows on houses and buildings really make for some amazing cityscape approaches!

Admin/mods feel free to close this thread as I'm a very happy customer with this product as is!

Thanks!

Archived