Issues With Liverpool Airport (EGGP)

orbmoke

I have recently purchased Orbx's Liverpool Airport and downloaded and installed it via Central. The scenery looks incomplete and certain objects appear as doubling up (please see pictures below). Then I suddeny realised that I had forgotten to first uninstall my Digital Design (DD) scenery of the airport that I had purchased about 6 months ago. I went to my Custom Scenery folder and deleted 'Digital Design Liverpool EGGP' and 'Digital Design Liverpool Roads', but on opening up the sim, EGGP appeared as the Laminar default scenery (eg. no 3D grass). So I returned to Orbx Central and noticed that the Orbx Liverpool Airport scenery was also uninstalled. I then re-installed the Orbx EGGP scenery and the above two DD folders had re-appeared in my Custom Scenery folder again with missing buildings and some doubling up of buildings and objects as shown below.

Any assistance in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Liverpool EGGP_1.jpg

Liverpool EGGP_2.jpg

Liverpool EGGP_3.jpg

The "Orbx" version is actually the Digital Design addon using and sold on Orbx Direct so I am not really understanding the issue.

Uninstall EGGP. Does the version you bought from DD direct have an uninstall option rather than just deleting it.

The Orbx version of the DD EGGP of course has the install and uninstall options via Orbx Central

You need to reinstall Liverpool EGGP from either copy you have, ensure it is on the top of the scenry_packs.ini and it should work OK

Morning Jon - ok, there wasn't an uninstall option for the DD EGGP scenery that I purchased separately 2 months ago from the XPlane.org website. So it looks like that I've wasted about £15 by paying twice for the same product! Hmm! My fault I admit - I had forgotten about the direct purchase that I made 2 months ago. Are the 2 versions exactly the same scenery then?

Anyway, I've re-installed the Orbx EGGL scenery using Central and placed those two Liverpool files at the top of the ini file and re-run the sim and as you say, it all looks now as it should be. I did get a CTD whilst taxiing around the airport and sent the report off to Laminar, but it may not happen again after I've flown a few times around the Liverpool area - we shall see. The message mentioned a problem with the Vulkan application. Thanks for your help.

Archived