Static aircraft removal?

I have quite a few Orbx products in Xplane and MSFS, I have always found them great. In Xplane I had an option to remove static aircraft if I wanted, but sadly I cant find a way to do the same in MSFS.

I only fly on Vatsim now, and have been asked to park at stand XX, only to find its blocked by a static aircraft.

LOWI is a particular problem as there are so few parking spaces available already.

Great "eye candy" airports, scenery and attention to detail, but it would be useful if I could disable statics

Ian

I seem to recall other posts about static in MSFS getting the response that at this stage there's no way to set up a control panel situation to allow a user to toggle statics.

I wonder if your Vatsim controller would be flexible enough to respond to a request for such and such a gate that you know ids free as the allocated gate is used by a static.  I imagine there would be no problem with that approach, annoying though it is.

So the Contrail application now has the ability to configure airports. With the latest Milan Linate release by Jestream it has the option in the Contrail app to remove the static aircraft if required, so it is possible.

Could Orbx look at this and make it an option please. Statics seem to be a marmite situation so having the option would be lovely

Statics in Contrail.png

This is really needed. I bought Gothenburg the other day based on some feedback from others and feel like I've blown cash out of the window and I'm now put off flying there.

Landed a few weeks back in MSFS on Vatsim along with quite a few others - the Vatsim controller allocated me a stand for me to find HALF the terminal obstructed with statics... It's frustrating as hell to say "sorry, Orbx stuck statics everywhere can I take Stand 19" - the 4 others flying in then had the same issue! 

Stick them all well out the way in maintainance if you want to decorate but please keep the terminals and apron clear or give us the option!

I fly on Vatsim only. Now that means I won't buy another Orbx scenery until statics can be removed or are removed entirely - it's disappointing because it ruins a fantastic airport scenery 

Archived