Orbx Central is no longer compatible with Windows 10 pro

Shepard55

Java has released a new update. I fear this is the fail point. I have a screenshot which I will post. But I have tried everything to get Central running and I get a fail every time. Unfortunately Orbx sent me a "just go here" email and I am forced to post on this forum. It is possible that I may need to update my windows. But anyway there is the screenshot of the first fail window.. there are 2 of them. Both Javascript errors. When I test the Central app windows tells me that it is incompatible. If you go to the Java website it has information on the changes to Java that include many "security" problems and they say many programs will be effected. 

bandicam 2021-02-07 09-06-17-901.jpg

I have the same problem and get a solution to install additional vc reddist programms, but I have them all installed.

It is a JAVA problem. Anyone has a solution yet?

Cejntral won't start and it is impossible to download and install Orbx programms now

Same here,

I already tried to erase JAVA en try installing Central, but it keeps giving this JAVA error.

New Installation of Java did not help. 

No money to Orbx for now, even if I want. I can't even buy anything from the website because it has to go via Central.

Hello,

I only had Java installed to allow me to use the Scenery Config Editor.

I have uninstalled it and the SCE now does not work.

However, even after a restart, Orbx Central works just as it did before.

This might suggest that it does not need Java to be uninstalled.

You could try uninstalling Orbx Central in the Windows Control Panel,

then delete

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\orbx-central-updater and

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central

Then reinstall Orbx Central and see if it works.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for trying to help.

I unistalled like you said and reinstalled.

The installer is  starting the  instal and the moment it will open I get the double Javascipt error.

I redownloaded the programm from the site, but nothing helps.

Is it possible to find an older version of Central. It always worked like a charm. And this version defenitely not on my computer.

Or can I send the javaerror codes to a developer. There is a lot of information in the two errormessages. But may be not relevant.

I now deleted all the Orbx central points in the regedit to be sure nothing left, but no luck :-)

The errors keep coming

Part of my beef here is that I recently purchased The Skypark App and it worked up until the point when I downloaded the new Java Update. Then Neither Central or Skypark work. Skypark works but It will not connect to whatever server it connects to and my progress was frozen on the date that the changes happened. 15 days ago. I cannot download it again because the Central app does not even open. I paid for that stuff and cannot use it. I think we are all sure it is Java creating the problem.

OK Boys and girls. I somehow got Central to work. I scrubbed all of my drive for any remnants of Orbx and Java. Then I went to Windows security folder and found that Windows has been blocking Orbx and Skypark through folder security access. It took me manually searching each application exe. file and allowing it to access folders through windows security. I still need to test Skypark but Central is working now. 

I got rid of any existing folder. Includeing the Java. Orbx and all of it. Windows is probably blocking your Orbx Central from accessing application data.. Open widows security settings and look around in there. Sorry but i forget exactly what i did. It was in Settings/Windows Security/App and browser control. you need to allow Central to access folders and files. Anyway I think thats how I did it. There is a button that allows you to search for files.. what your looking for is the .exe file.. allow that. I also deleted everything and reinstalled it all but I don't think that is necessary. Java didn't end up having much to do with it I don't think. I'm not installing that new Java update though. It was problematic. What i did was search any file Java.. and wiped it clean. My PC no longer has Java. Hope that sends you in the right direction. Also my Skypark app needed the same treatment. And once Orbx worked again so did skypark. 

Hi Nick,

Don't bother, it was a reckless reaction after hours of puzzling to get the program working again.

That said, maybe  I don't understand the guide, but I know I can change the place where Central puts the downloads.

But as far as I know, there is no way in the setup of the installer to change the directory where I want to install my Central programm.

After downloading the setupprogramm and execute it, it is an automatic installprogramm with no opportunity to change directory.

And if I can, please explain it to me, because I don't like programms to install in directories and drives I can't choose

Archived