Boulder City terrain issue

Urmel81

Hello,

I've an Terrain issue with your Boulder City Airport.

It's between Boulder City an Las Vegas.

(I tried with and without FlyTampa KLAS)

I also use the old FTX NC + SC, not TrueEarth

Prepar3dv5.1 HF1

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mY2zzCb.jpg[/img]

https://imgur.com/mY2zzCb

[img]https://i.imgur.com/j7HAtKV.jpg[/img]

https://imgur.com/j7HAtKV

Hopefully you have an solution for this.

Regards
Urmel

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have tried to replicate your shot, but perhaps I have made a mistake, as it looks nothing like your image.

7.jpg

Oh, that's easy. Move your view up and turn it around 180 Degrees. It's on the centerline for the 26er rwy. As I wrote before between Boulder City and KLAS, that's only a few miles

Will this topic and support request lost in the P3D Forum?

An info will be nice. I paid for this product money, an it has some confirmed failures.

I know it's P3D, and because of this it is not interesting for most users and developers. But there are still some P3D users in the world who want to use there paid products.

12 hours ago, Urmel81 said:

Will this topic and support request lost in the P3D Forum?

An info will be nice. I paid for this product money, an it has some confirmed failures.

I know it's P3D, and because of this it is not interesting for most users and developers. But there are still some P3D users in the world who want to use there paid products.

I'm sure the developer will note the minor problem with the scenery and take steps to find out what is causing the issue when time allows. Then any fix will be included as part of a service pack further down the track. 

There's nothing to stop you using the scenery, which is the airport. P3D and other sims are full of aspects that can, if fixated upon, cause one to find the scenery unusable. Personally, I see a minor glitch in a nondescript suburb enroute to a destination, i just look the other way or at the instruments until the problem has been left behind. 

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

I'm sure the developer will note the minor problem with the scenery and take steps to find out what is causing the issue when time allows. Then any fix will be included as part of a service pack further down the track. 

There's nothing to stop you using the scenery, which is the airport. P3D and other sims are full of aspects that can, if fixated upon, cause one to find the scenery unusable. Personally, I see a minor glitch in a nondescript suburb enroute to a destination, i just look the other way or at the instruments until the problem has been left behind. 

Maybe you'll find it a minor problem. Maybe it is when you flying to and from Boulder City. Not sure, it's not like a small texture failure, some big areas are not working. So for me it's not a minor issue, especially you'll see it a very long time on approach to Rwy 26  L+ R to KLAS. An with the famous FlyTampa Las Vegas Scenery I'll (or most users) mostly arrive on these Runways.

The Orbx Guys can mark it as NOTED or something else, but it's still ACTIVE. So for an user like me I feel support issues like this one are not really wanted and will be ignored, especially since MSFS is used by the most users and no one (also Dev) cares about P3D. And my personal feeling for this issue: It will never be fixed. Orbx has some Developers which provide the best support in the Flightsimworld, and some who don't care about nearly any support issue. You'll never get an answer. And this, I really don't like. Even a small answer will be ok (like: Oh, thanks for the finding, I'll put it on the list... or something else), this is better than no answer.

I'll disable Boulder City and with this it should be fixed for me.

Regards

Urmel

47 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I looked at this in P3D v4 and saw that the problem is not there.

It seems that P3D v5 deals with photo inserts in a different way

and I have asked that a developer takes a look. 

Wow, that's are really great news. Even if you can't promise anything. Yes, v5 is different. But I like it and we users have great Addon Airliners for it, so I'll still use it.

at this stage I have no idea whats causing this, V5 has so many bugs and LM need to get a stable and compatible V5, that area has no PR from boulder in it it is outside the Photoreal area. did you disable fly tampa vegas an see if that has an effect.

cheers

Ken

7 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

at this stage I have no idea whats causing this, V5 has so many bugs and LM need to get a stable and compatible V5, that area has no PR from boulder in it it is outside the Photoreal area. did you disable fly tampa vegas an see if that has an effect.

cheers

Ken

Yes, without FlyTampa KLAS I have the same effect. I recommend to disable the area near Las Vegas, than the problem is gone.

Archived