Issues with SAM installation

Jim D.

I have downloaded and installed SAM, along with World Jetways add-on for XP11. I can't get either one to work. When I access the plugin menu and select SAM, all I seem to get are empty gray boxes. I've tried reinstalling SAM numerous times, but doesn't help. Looking at the files in the SAM directory of XP11, all of my folders are empty. WTH am I doing wrong!?!?!?

I just want to add that neither SAM nor World Jetways are Orbx products.

SAM is offered as a download because there are a couple of Orbx airport addons that have used that to make active jetways.

I uninstalled my copy and then reinstalled using Orbx Central and all worked fine, so I am unsure what is happening in your installation attempts.

The top taskbar in XP, Jon. This is where I get the gray boxes only. And I've uninstalled and reinstalled SAM through Orbx Central probably about a dozen times already, and get the same thing; gray boxes. And I'm running a very powerful system; I can easily run XP11 at max settings with no issues at all. Also, when looking at the Resources/Plugins/SAM folder, all of those folders in that directory are empty. So I am really at a loss here as to what's going on. And thanks for your input, Jon. I do appreciate it!

I agree it is very strange that you have grey boxes with SAM and also that obviously you have the SAM folder in the Resources/plugin folder but is devoid of the actual files.

I wish I could assist but it is a unique issue that maybe the xplane.org forum can offer some suggestions if not the SAM support site.

https://forum.thresholdx.net/clubs/9-sam-scenery-animation-manager/

Archived