Hervey Bay

Chris.D

I was surprised to read in the Community Screenshots comments that people didn't realize how big the airport is.

Maybe that misconception has put people off buying Orbx Hervey Bay.  It is a wonderful part of the world, right on the Southern end of the Great Barrier Reef.

I fly my Virgin 737-800 into YHBA all the time, to keep my skills up, no ILS here.

Here is some real life pictures I have taken of some of the stuff that fly's in here.

Dou8ok7.jpg

dI7p9tS.jpg

Taken from my back yard in Urangan, a RAAF Boeing B737-7ES / E-7A Wedgetail, is in here every second week, a couple of times a day.

GmRHlfH.jpg

qxgX9ec.jpg

Chris.

Awesome shots Chris!  Is that Jetstar jet a 717?  I wasn't aware they flew them.  Love the shot of the Wedgetail, definitely a perspective I haven't seen before.  Here's a few shots I took of a Wedgetail a few years ago at Avalon.

SckE8gU.jpg

4hyJfQ7.jpg

Izjkr0q.jpg

j1E2g7X.jpg

Cheers,

Here you go Scott Harmes.

These photos were taken on the day of the opening of the Hervey Bay Airport extensions, 2005.

The "Avis" livery came in in the morning with a bunch of VIP's from Melbourne and later, the "Vinilla" 717 came and left in the afternoon with regular passengers.

b6UpS1G.jpg

khnCCpk.jpg

Chris..

On 2/1/2021 at 8:48 PM, Chris.D said:

I was surprised to read in the Community Screenshots comments that people didn't realize how big the airport is.

Maybe that misconception has put people off buying Orbx Hervey Bay.  It is a wonderful part of the world, right on the Southern end of the Great Barrier Reef.

I fly my Virgin 737-800 into YHBA all the time, to keep my skills up, no ILS here.

Hi Chris, I have a bit of a soft spot for HB, as my son live and work near the airport. So I made it  a point and bought HB. One of my favourite route is Coffs to The Bay. But I have to confess flying in ,with PMDG 737, I do struggle on landing . I usually approach from over Frazer Isl but found the approach difficult. As a joke, I told my son to well insure  his house when I am in the air 
Charles

Hi Charles, I fly in here with the PMDG 737-800 also.  I follow the route that Virgin flew almost every day, ie up the coast from River Heads, turn west at the Urangan water tower, I live across the street, turn base at Point Vernon at 1200 feet, then straight in on finals. On base, you should be flying over the Hervey Bay Golf Course, which is in the Orbx scenery.

Admittedly, you have to get on the brakes pretty quick, I set auto brakes to 3.  Spoilers up and reversers on pretty much as soon as the main gear is firmly on the ground.

Give me a shout out when next you are in the bay.

Chris.

BTW. I have a Niece that lives at Ashby Heights.

Archived