Microsoft Partnership Series : Orbx Simulation Systems

Orbx

34 minutes ago, Peter Lurie said:

So my question is those who purchased London city and London Orbx packs will the new update use and integrate these or is the new update a similar modification? It’s not clear.... thanks

Please see here https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/204098-compatibility-of-london-landmarks-pack-after-msfs-world-update-3-uk/

Just now, Ed Correia said:

Thanks Ed, found it about 2 minutes ago..... 

Will wait to see what happens.  Might disable the Orbx stuff first and then test and then add them on later and test after? or vice versa.  

So after the end of a hard weeks work (OK it was a short one thanks to a public holiday & an extra day's holiday taken off for good measure), I noticed that Microsoft had released their latest developer partnership video update featuring Orbx, & so I cracked open a Friday evening beer and hit play (super keen to watch what my favourite scenery developer & new favourite sim had to say to the world).

Well about 2 mins into the video I almost spat my beer out when I saw Anna Cicognani, CEO of Orbx, at Mittagong Airport of all places! :D

Having spent my childhood in the region many years ago & recently purchasing a home there to escape the big smoke not 1/2 a click away from that very (small) aerodrome, I was bursting with local pride to see it for a brief moment on the global stage & to know it is somehow associated with one of my spare time passions.

I'm not sure what the connection between Anna/Orbx & Mittagong is but perhaps a commemorative release of YMIG (& a few local POI's) is in order one day guys? (Pretty please :rollmyeyes: - whenever you get the time ;D)

• Like 4

I presume all this work with MSFS has slowed work on the other platforms. A number of people have asked if P3Dv4.5 products will be released for v5 and are told "we are working on it".  Are people seriously working on these or has most of Orbx development moved to the new sim?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, johnobono said:

So after the end of a hard weeks work (OK it was a short one thanks to a public holiday & an extra day's holiday taken off for good measure), I noticed that Microsoft had released their latest developer partnership video update featuring Orbx, & so I cracked open a Friday evening beer and hit play (super keen to watch what my favourite scenery developer & new favourite sim had to say to the world).

Well about 2 mins into the video I almost spat my beer out when I saw Anna Cicognani, CEO of Orbx, at Mittagong Airport of all places! :D

Having spent my childhood in the region many years ago & recently purchasing a home there to escape the big smoke not 1/2 a click away from that very (small) aerodrome, I was bursting with local pride to see it for a brief moment on the global stage & to know it is somehow associated with one of my spare time passions.

I'm not sure what the connection between Anna/Orbx & Mittagong is but perhaps a commemorative release of YMIG (& a few local POI's) is in order one day guys? (Pretty please :rollmyeyes: - whenever you get the time ;D)

Ha! Well, I live very close to that Aerodrome too and I thought some country flavour would be nice on video, especially in COVID times... I can buy you back that beer at the Robbo pub sometime? ;-)

While I can't begrudge Orbx their apparent success, I also can't rid myself of this feeling that those of us in the "other" sims are bottomed out on the 'to do' list.  I will always maintain that their scenery looks best on XP but that's just me.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Anna Cicognani said:

Ha! Well, I live very close to that Aerodrome too and I thought some country flavour would be nice on video, especially in COVID times... I can buy you back that beer at the Robbo pub sometime? ;-)

lol, sounds great! :)

..and I can buy you one back as a thanks to you & the team for your continued stellar work!

• Upvote 1

So can we expect to have LOWI fixed together with Asobo? Still having PAPIs not working and a completely missalligned localizer RW26. Should be nice to have the joint effors of Asobo and Orbx manifest here. 

Edited by wrfly2805

I saw a post when MSFS first came out they plan to keep coming out with other sim scenery.  It might be quite a while.  I hope they come up with more True Earth USA, I am about to get the UK True Earth.  I like many gave up on MSFS until next year, a serious IFR flight really cannot be done there unlike X Plane or P3D. So we just have to wait. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 11:32 AM, olderndirt said:

While I can't begrudge Orbx their apparent success, I also can't rid myself of this feeling that those of us in the "other" sims are bottomed out on the 'to do' list.  I will always maintain that their scenery looks best on XP but that's just me.  

Me too!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:11 PM, Dean Salman said:

I saw a post when MSFS first came out they plan to keep coming out with other sim scenery.  It might be quite a while.  I hope they come up with more True Earth USA, I am about to get the UK True Earth.  I like many gave up on MSFS until next year, a serious IFR flight really cannot be done there unlike X Plane or P3D. So we just have to wait. 

Yes me too,  a lot of shortcomings in MSFS unless you are deeply into fixed wing GA VFR. Unrivaled for that but still a big gap for most other forms of flight compared to X plane or P3d.

Edited by Mawson
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 3:32 AM, olderndirt said:

I agree - for me their TE series of addon sceneries for XP11 looks more realistic than for MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1