Tenerife

I bought both Tenerife's in the sale a couple of weeks ago.  As a test I flew there today and was kind of startled to see it look like this.  Does anyone else have this?  Does it look okay in your sim?  I tried a verify files, have the latest NVIDIA driver, but it just looks different.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Hi dear Jack,

I've found this sentence in the manual : "If you have Orbx scenery installed and elevation problems occur please disable GCTS in vector config tool".

Hope it helps?...

Cheers :D !

Thanks Joe, I’ll try that.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:21 PM, JOE DYGAN said:

Hi dear Jack,

I've found this sentence in the manual : "If you have Orbx scenery installed and elevation problems occur please disable GCTS in vector config tool".

Hope it helps?...

Cheers :D !

Hi Joe, I just now got around to looking into this.  Unfortunately Vector in V5 doesn't have the elevation tool.

I wish I could get a refund for these two Tenerife airports.  I have never asked for a refund and these are the worst I have ever seen after Orlando.  Such is life.

48 minutes ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Dear Jack,

Make a search in the Orbx folder in your main P3Dv5 directory with the ICAO airports, like "GCTS". If you find some rename their .bgl to .off extension.

Cheers :D !

Thanks again Joe.  Do you have this installed?

Finally at the coordinates you gave in your first post, I also have the same altitude issue :

SefAFms.jpg

But the rest of the mountainous region of the north part of the island, has a good rendering.

Perhaps it is the challenging part of the island... So try to pass between the two needles... We know you can do that ;)!

Thus, the scenery seems to be like it is supposed to be :(.

Hope it helps.

The mesh should definitely be at 1m for this to look right. I am also pleased with most of what I see using Truesky (without it Tenerife looked kind of bluish). Make sure you have P3Dv5 selected in your camera HDR settings in Chaseplane and if using Envdir also tick truesky enabled. A quick tour in the morning from Tenerife South to North has become one of my favorites now. Only issue is that ATIS at Tenerife South is not working (it seems to be a problem of P3D rather than the airport itself). 

2021-2-2_8-11-51-487.jpg

2021-2-2_8-12-6-986.jpg

2021-2-2_8-14-1-607.jpg

2021-2-2_8-18-50-345.jpg

7 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Dear Jack,

Below some pictures of the airport and all is ok with the mesh set to 1 m as requested in the manual:

QiobvVB.jpg

fgfwwcE.jpg

rTGLmyP.jpg

Hi Joe, I have tried everything this morning.  Verified files, setting mesh to 1, deactivating it in the library (and it looks better!), reactivating it in the library (worse), I just don’t know.

One thing I haven’t tried is looking at it in V4.5.  I’m using P3D v5.xx.

Also, what is that huge flat plateau area in your shot Joe?  I looked at real photos of Tenerife and can’t find such a structure anywhere.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, BrianV said:

The mesh should definitely be at 1m for this to look right. I am also pleased with most of what I see using Truesky (without it Tenerife looked kind of bluish). Make sure you have P3Dv5 selected in your camera HDR settings in Chaseplane and if using Envdir also tick truesky enabled. A quick tour in the morning from Tenerife South to North has become one of my favorites now. Only issue is that ATIS at Tenerife South is not working (it seems to be a problem of P3D rather than the airport itself). 

2021-2-2_8-11-51-487.jpg

2021-2-2_8-12-6-986.jpg

2021-2-2_8-14-1-607.jpg

2021-2-2_8-18-50-345.jpg

Hi Brian.  I don’t use ENVDIR and could you post some pictures of it in the day?  Mine looks so lousy I wish I had never bought it.  What I bought and installed actually looks terrible compared to default scenery.  >:(

This is P3D v5 with the latest updates from LM.

Ok, here's the deal.  This morning I tried everything.  

Verify files - yes.

Mesh to 1 - yes

All sliders full right - yes

Unticked then reticked in the Add-On Library - yes

I'm at a loss and wish I had never bought this.  

This scenery is by far the absolute worst I have ever bought from Orbx, worse than even Orlando which was an embarrassment.  I don't know who does these sceneries but if I knew who I would never buy from them again.  To say I'm angry and fed up would be an understatement.  I tried everything I could think of to make this look good but the default is a million times better than this.  I'd ask for a refund but I doubt I'd get one.  I have spent literally thousands of dollars here and have everything they make for P3D, most of XP too.  Sorry for the rant but I'm quite unhappy.

Look at how bad this looks.

gN9dpjZ.jpg

OqaxViZ.jpg

Does this exist in real life or is this an abomination?

09Vvi2t.jpg

The roads look like a very poorly done photoreal.

zJCjvJL.jpg

The absolute worst buildings I have ever seen.

g4TIcvB.jpg

And what is this monstrosity?

DlCFuqE.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

you might care to approach the actual 

developers and see if they can help you.

http://mkstudios.pl/support/index.php

I will take a look though.

I’m sad that it’s come to this.  This is why I hate XP because I have to spend hours, sometimes days chasing down a solution that should not have to even be needed.  I once Trusted Orbx Central.  Now I have to take a very careful look at who produced a product.  I liked it better when it was all Orbx stuff and not third parties.  So it’s now becoming confusing to decide where to get support.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Also, what is that huge flat plateau area in your shot Joe?  I looked at real photos of Tenerife and can’t find such a structure anywhere.

Hello Jack,

those are plastic greenhouses.

They do look hideous but are clearly visible on Google Earth and indeed street view.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

those are plastic greenhouses.

They do look hideous but are clearly visible on Google Earth and indeed street view.

Thanks Nick.  I couldn't find that since I don't use google.  They are hideous but if they grow stuff in them that that's good, I like greenhouses.  

Hi Jack, this is what I see now (real weather and time) and still with TrueSky enabled. The abomination structures are also there in real life, large ugly plastic-covered greenhouses: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.0333309,-16.5689193,3a,60y,91.93h,109.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdDdvb698_XR-1Zbod44HQg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Other than that it is looking pretty decent to me for the most.  

2021-2-2_15-48-20-772.jpg

2021-2-2_15-48-0-457.jpg

2021-2-2_15-37-46-245.jpg

2021-2-2_15-43-11-828.jpg

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

I am sure you have your reasons but Google Earth is a superb resource.

I have found myself taking a fascinating virtual walk in places all over the

world, prompted by something interesting seen from a virtual aircraft.

Thanks Nick, I won't post my reasons right now.  It would probably violate Orbx's policy.

Maybe give Envdir and Envshade a 2nd chance... if you still have it. For me, this seems to do wonders both with and without TrueSky enabled (but make sure it is all set for P3Dv5 here and also in your ChasePlane camera settings. 

Just now, BrianV said:

Maybe give Envdir and Envshade a 2nd chance... if you still have it. For me, this seems to do wonders both with and without TrueSky enabled (but make sure it is all set for P3Dv5 here and also in your ChasePlane camera settings. 

Thanks Brian, I used them but they messed up my shaders so badly I had to completely reinstall P3D.  I don't use any shader programs now.  I don't know if I use TrueSky or not so I'm not sure how a sky setting would affect scenery.

1 minute ago, BrianV said:

Have you tried to erase the contents of ... \AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders and let P3Dv5 rebuild it? It might be some old remains that degrade your scenery.

Really no need to Brian as this is a new install.

5 minutes ago, BrianV said:

I hope you can get to the bottom of it, try asking the developers (MK Studios) for direct support as it definitely doesn't look right. 

Thanks Brian.  Trying to get support from them is impossible.  No forum, just a ticket system which is less than useless. I’ve learned my lesson.  I won’t say publicly what it is but I will be EXTREMELY careful of future purchases.

Dear Jack,

We are sorry that we could not help you to correct the rendering of the scenery on your setup.

BrianV is right, some sky tools can help to change the color rendering of a scenery by changing the ambient brightness that helps to minimize the contrast between bright and dark parts of the landscape. Sometimes the scenery appears more harmonious with reliefs blending better into the flat parts of the landscape.

PS: I agree everything you said.. To tell you the truth, I've installed the scenery just to help. But I hope the uninstall tool works like a charm for you as it did for me in P3Dv4 and now in P3Dv5 :P...

3 minutes ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Dear Jack,

We are sorry that we could not help you to correct the rendering of the scenery on your setup.

BrianV is right, some sky tools can help to change the color rendering of a scenery by changing the ambient brightness that helps to minimize the contrast between bright and dark parts of the landscape. Sometimes the scenery appears more harmonious with reliefs blendijng better into the flat parts of the landscape.

PS: I agree everything you said.. To tell you the truth, I've installed the scenery just to help. But I hope the uninstall tool works like a charm for you as it did for me in P3Dv4 and now in P3Dv5 :P...

Thanks Joe, I appreciate your help but if it looks good on your system I wonder what went wrong on my system.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

you might care to approach the actual 

developers and see if they can help you.

http://mkstudios.pl/support/index.php

I will take a look though.

Hi Nick, I tried to create a support ticket there but since I bought it from Orbx Direct I don't have an order number so it won't allow me to submit one.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

you should use your Orbx Direct transaction number.

Be sure that you have filled in all the necessary boxes, a red message at the bottom will tell you what is missing.

Here is one I made earlier.

7.jpg

Thanks Nick.  I’ll do this when I get back in.

Archived