Catalina Island MSFS

KORDATC

If Catalina Island ever makes it’s way to MSFS, I have but one request.  Please make Avalon harbor and pier accessible to flying boats/seaplanes.  I want to fly this route with the excellent Grumman Goose available for MSFS.

Regards,

Rob

077F0375-E39A-4240-B9EE-EE7182B41CC3.jpeg

3AC79AB5-46E3-446C-B72A-E09695CB8E0C.jpeg

With his attention to detail I imagine Ken Hall will have this covered.

I understand that Catalina is one of his current projects, and upon completion he has undertaken to fill the half empty hangar at Bryce Canyon with intriguing items , & tether a horse there too.

TTM

A question or a request:

I absolutely love the Orbx Catalina scenery for FSX/P3D, and fly there to the "Airport in the Sky" very frequently.  But is this seaplane base part of this scenery?  If not it might be something to consider for a future update. 

Ken

On 1/27/2021 at 8:07 PM, Ken Q said:

A question or a request:

I absolutely love the Orbx Catalina scenery for FSX/P3D, and fly there to the "Airport in the Sky" very frequently.  But is this seaplane base part of this scenery?  If not it might be something to consider for a future update. 

Ken

I don't believe it is Ken.  My brother has showed me it on his rig before.  I don't recall it there, and I don't see it in the promotional photos.  The pier is there, but the dock for the seaplanes to launch is not.  Not to mention, there are a bunch of sailboats sitting in the way of what would be the "taxiway/runway".

Cheers,

Rob

On 1/27/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ken Q said:

Another question, Rob,

What is the date of that wonderful brochure?

Ken

There is no date listed on the timetable, but it would have been sometime between 1963 & 1969.  That is when the company used the name Catalina Air Lines.  Before that, they were known as Avalon Air Transport, and then originally Catalina Air Transport.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived