First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Marcus hope you are keeping cool the weather by Stockholm standards is hot!

Excellent that you and the family are on the upside.  I say take all the time you need and make sure you’re still having fun.  Nothing worse when work is not fun anymore I say.  Then again as of July 2nd  I took my retirement… and so far good :)

• Like 2

Appreciate you taking the time to update us on Bromma & your circumstances.

As you will no doubt be aware, there is a substantial fan base waiting for your master piece & we look forward to its completion, coupled with your health intact.:)

TTM 

• Like 2

Glad to hear from you Marcus! Everyone needs time off sometimes, so it’s just good that you took a break to not completely burn out. As said in almost every post of mine, I’m still super excited to see this project and looking forward to the release! Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Back at work 100% from today actually. Been slowly easing back into work and today I moved in to my new office and work is continued full throttle!

Glad to hear that You feel good, and Our Bromma is back on track for release.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Back at work 100% from today actually. Been slowly easing back into work and today I moved in to my new office and work is continued full throttle!

You're very welcome back! :D

I hope you are doing great

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

Is very excited about this, hope you work with Fredhäll because it is important when you go down to Bromma. Orginal is a catastrophe, such as the big essingen and the small essingen m.m., and work on essingeleden. Sweden's busiest route. (motor traffic)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Thanks, Marcus!  It is looking great!

Rod

18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Marcus

Thanks for the update.

This looks to be an Orbx Classic in the making.:)

TTM

Thanks guys! :)

6 hours ago, Sovjetski said:

Is very excited about this, hope you work with Fredhäll because it is important when you go down to Bromma. Orginal is a catastrophe, such as the big essingen and the small essingen m.m., and work on essingeleden. Sweden's busiest route. (motor traffic)

We are adding a custom photoscenery that will make things look better. For that area we are not adding that many more features though I'm sorry. The DN & Sweco building are modeled close by and we got a few custom bridges. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey guys,

Figured we can continue with even more screenshots.

Note that I'm using a custom shader in my MSFS2020 setup,

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

Marcus

essb_418.thumb.jpg.1926f6b7f85d477c1183f89e5a144fc3.jpg

essb_492.thumb.jpg.613edfc463f21f783e6a54dc012565c0.jpg

essb_4992.thumb.jpg.471c75afa4e135ead57d58fd6c08ba38.jpg

essb_417.thumb.jpg.c8a4a1daed8a3f860e977a11f744fad4.jpg

essb_47.jpg

essb_411.thumb.jpg.6c2b8c27b14885cb693e6c7c15ef0e9e.jpg

essb_491.jpg

essb_415.thumb.jpg.5d9473aa5ea8244dd8b52db4c248337a.jpg

essb_46.thumb.jpg.0e01d720d34beb9b95f6f4dfc7ee5c58.jpg

essb_45.thumb.jpg.e41f5595f8a96c55afd1991e668a31ed.jpg

essb_499.thumb.jpg.1c823ca815488068475da8927b412975.jpg

essb_498.thumb.jpg.648775e39746ddd8fed4b0d60624fd23.jpg

essb_496.thumb.jpg.e3625b91be65a17f062abadf66ef2cd5.jpg

essb_49.jpg

essb_493.thumb.jpg.20e186825c27cfda9fdee918f01ae249.jpg

essb_413.thumb.jpg.7051a8df067bb271ff31aa7129844870.jpg

essb_41.thumb.jpg.fff7f2f60487dded1c55e4c36774e71b.jpg

Increadibly beautiful and realistic! I am not even certain if it is real photos or snapshots from the simulator sometimes :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iadbound said:

Marcus,

Just one person's impression, but I think the shader is making the screen shots look very washed out.  

We all have different taste. You can keep an eye out for other people’s screenshots of the project if you prefer that :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janjoensson said:

Increadibly beautiful and realistic! I am not even certain if it is real photos or snapshots from the simulator sometimes :)

5 minutes ago, Reinier044 said:

Really can't wait for the release. The screenshots look great Marcus! Also really awesome that Visby is coming too. Tack så mycket :)

thanks guys! :) Tack!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

We all have different taste. You can keep an eye out for other people’s screenshots of the project if you prefer that :)

After several times looking at these preview shots , IMHO they look very realistic . In RL there is always haze

and rarely do you have 30 miles visibility . Just my two cents , can't wait for the release Marcus .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, futurebreadmachine said:

I was just at Bromma blocks earlier this day! :D And I dont think I've been this excited about a flight sim airport scenery ever, keep it coming Marcus it looks beautiful and I'm readily awaiting for release B)

34 minutes ago, AnthonyS said:

I agree-I am very much looking forward to Bromma!

5 hours ago, BradB said:

After several times looking at these preview shots , IMHO they look very realistic . In RL there is always haze

and rarely do you have 30 miles visibility . Just my two cents , can't wait for the release Marcus .

8 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

The new screenshots really speak to the detail and care being put into this development effort!  Thank you Marcus! It will definitely be worth the wait!

Rod

Thanks guys!

Working as hard as I can to finish this, hope you will enjoy the product! :)

• Like 3

Hi Marcus Nyberg. 

Last year I was workling as a ramp tekniker at Bromma airport. I want to start with that scenery looks amazing, everything looks awesome but there're a couple of details that im my opinion needs to be change to be more realistic simulation.

1st Parking 18 (pic essb2) is where oir Brussles A319 arrive, they only use that parking as a regular base, please do not put any static ATR in that parking, u can use P16 if u need to put any static between 15 and 19.

2nd (pic essb1) the little pic with red circule, the fack is that parking 3 to 6 is only for SAAB and ATR size airplanes. We dont have any stairs in that area because is no need it, the parking are to small for any other aircraft type. What we do have in that area is the baggage trolley we use with our baggage trucks.

I hope u can take this a s consideration for a more realistic Bromma expierience. Awesome development I can't wait to have in my sim..

Ha det så bra Markus och Tack.

Mvh Carlos A.

essb1.jpg

essb2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks stunning! After the disappointing WU for Scandinavia this is such a welcome addon!

One really minor thing, the cars parking along Ulvsundavägen parallell park on the side of the road closest to the airport. The stores like Flinks and Škoda have parkings like you have it, but on the opposite side of the street.

• Like 1

Looks stunning! After the disappointing WU for Scandinavia this is such a welcome addon!

One really minor thing, the cars parking along Ulvsundavägen parallell park on the side of the road closest to the airport. The stores like Flinks and Škoda have parkings like you have it, but on the opposite side of the street.

• Like 1

I can’t belive I don’t check this thread more often. 

Honestly, I’m lost for words,

Seriously!

First of all, stunning work. To actually be able to see my house in the screenshot on the approach 30 (Thank god you modelled Tranebergsbron) is unreal. I feel like a kid approaching christmas! I can smell the release :) 

Now, to the point that @carlosmax50 made. He has a good point about stand 18. Although I’m not in the age of working at Bromma, I have a radio, FlightRadar24 and too much free time. In other words: I think I know the airport pretty well. 

For me as a controller on vatsim I really want to simulate realism and if a Brussels Airlines aircraft comes for a visit, I want to send them to stand 18. 

Also, by no means am I saying your product is bad, but just giving constructive feedback. You know how we flightsimmers are ;) 

Finishing off, I honestly can’t wait to both fly to Bromma and sit in the tower on vatsim. 

Du är bäst!

/KaptenPanna

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, DanielFall said:

I was also disappointed in WU5 . It is good to hear from locals like 

yourself about WU5 shortcomings . Hopefully Asobo will revisit your 

region next year . 

• Like 3

Marcus, I always have loved your work and this development is looking as great as ever :) It really looks like you are making some great use of the scenery capabilities within MSFS and I look forward to this product release once it's ready.

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 5

On 8/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, carlosmax50 said:

Hi Marcus Nyberg. 

Last year I was workling as a ramp tekniker at Bromma airport. I want to start with that scenery looks amazing, everything looks awesome but there're a couple of details that im my opinion needs to be change to be more realistic simulation.

1st Parking 18 (pic essb2) is where oir Brussles A319 arrive, they only use that parking as a regular base, please do not put any static ATR in that parking, u can use P16 if u need to put any static between 15 and 19.

2nd (pic essb1) the little pic with red circule, the fack is that parking 3 to 6 is only for SAAB and ATR size airplanes. We dont have any stairs in that area because is no need it, the parking are to small for any other aircraft type. What we do have in that area is the baggage trolley we use with our baggage trucks.

I hope u can take this a s consideration for a more realistic Bromma expierience. Awesome development I can't wait to have in my sim..

Ha det så bra Markus och Tack.

Mvh Carlos A.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:29 PM, DanielFall said:

On 8/28/2021 at 10:11 AM, KaptenPanna said:

I can’t belive I don’t check this thread more often. 

Honestly, I’m lost for words,

Seriously!

First of all, stunning work. To actually be able to see my house in the screenshot on the approach 30 (Thank god you modelled Tranebergsbron) is unreal. I feel like a kid approaching christmas! I can smell the release :) 

Now, to the point that @carlosmax50 made. He has a good point about stand 18. Although I’m not in the age of working at Bromma, I have a radio, FlightRadar24 and too much free time. In other words: I think I know the airport pretty well. 

For me as a controller on vatsim I really want to simulate realism and if a Brussels Airlines aircraft comes for a visit, I want to send them to stand 18. 

Also, by no means am I saying your product is bad, but just giving constructive feedback. You know how we flightsimmers are ;) 

Finishing off, I honestly can’t wait to both fly to Bromma and sit in the tower on vatsim. 

Du är bäst!

/KaptenPanna

Of course, guys. I'll free up stand 18 and remove the stairs from the old terminal area. :)

Also will have a look parkings you mentioned Daniel, depends a bit on my building placements if I can move the parking, otherwise I hope you can forgive me :)

And thanks all of you for the support,

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Marcus, I always have loved your work and this development is looking as great as ever :) It really looks like you are making some great use of the scenery capabilities within MSFS and I look forward to this product release once it's ready.

Cheers!

Landon

On 8/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, Henrik N said:

Längtar galet mycket efter detta scenery!:D

Thanks guys, ! :) Appreciate it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephaneS said:

Any news about P3Dv4.5 version please ?

Sorry Stephane, no news at this stage. We will look further into it when the MSFS2020 is done. I've done some of the basic tasks already but to be honest I'm a bit hesitant on how we should proceed. We will most likely not be able to include the whole city so it would be a very cropped version of the MSFS2020 version with only final approach added, which I'm feeling quite hesitant about if it would actually meet up to the expectations as the default Stockholm is far from impressive.

Let's deal with the MSFS release first and maybe there can be an open discussion about how a P3D version should look like to impress the crowds and if I can achieve that :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Sorry Stephane, no news at this stage. We will look further into it when the MSFS2020 is done. I've done some of the basic tasks already but to be honest I'm a bit hesitant on how we should proceed. We will most likely not be able to include the whole city so it would be a very cropped version of the MSFS2020 version with only final approach added, which I'm feeling quite hesitant about if it would actually meet up to the expectations as the default Stockholm is far from impressive.

Let's deal with the MSFS release first and maybe there can be an open discussion about how a P3D version should look like to impress the crowds and if I can achieve that :)

Since XP users are used to the generally not very impressive looking default XP scenery and many of them are using Ortho4XP, a cropped version of Bromma might not be a big problem for them.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Of course, guys. I'll free up stand 18 and remove the stairs from the old terminal area. :)

Also will have a look parkings you mentioned Daniel, depends a bit on my building placements if I can move the parking, otherwise I hope you can forgive me :)

Tack Markus Du e bäst

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

No problem Markus, it's quite silly really but I thought I'd at least mention it.

Another little thing I noticed are the private jets outside the Grafair Jet Center. I've personally never seen them parked with facing the fence, but rather backed up with the tail end towards the fence.

grafair.jpg

Edited by DanielFall

9 minutes ago, DanielFall said:

No problem Markus, it's quite silly really but I thought I'd at least mention it.

Another little thing I noticed are the private jets outside the Grafair Jet Center. I've personally never seen them parked with facing the fence, but rather backed up with the tail end towards the fence.

I'll turn them around!

• Like 4