First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

13 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

OMG.:banghead:

TTM

The political opposition is against the closing of Bromma and the decision might get reversed. Plus, they are just starting to investigate how a closure would be arranged, the last time that they did that analysis was in 2014 and the verdict that time was that they in that case needed an extra runway at Arlanda, which has also been debated for ages and seems hard to achieve politically. This discussion pops up every now and then. Current lease is to 2038 but I doubt it will stay open that long.

The express train to Arlanda takes 20 minutes from the city centre, so Bromma is not even the closest option to a lot of people living here. Doubt the community will fight to keep it open.

This scenery will most likely be quite dated the time the real airport closes. On the other hand the real airport is also quite dated so maybe that makes it even :)

• Like 3

I wondered how they could have an airport in a residential area. I imagine originally it wasn't, but suburbia spread & engulfed it.

Property developers are no doubt rubbing their hands with glee.

Your masterpiece will memorialize it.:)

TTM

On 4/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thank you, that was very nice of you to say :)

As for World Update 5, I'm continuing on Bromma & Stockholm and then we'll have to see what is included in the release and make a compability patch after that.

As I've understood that ESSA will be added for free, it might mean that my ESSA project will be scraped. We'll see. Hard to compete with free content.

I wouldn't honestly lose hope for ESSA. If the free version is any comparable to free airports released until now, I think there will be plenty of room for a high-quality payware rendition by a reputable developer in the market, especially for the main international airport of a major European capital. I know I'd buy it.

Truth is that (with all due respect to Gaya), the free airports included in world updates are rather low quality, close to many freeware ones. For example, I was very excited for Nice, and was disappointed by it, pretty much like all other airports included in the world updates. It has many flaws, default jetways, low-quality ground textures, operational issues, and more, so it's likely that they're given a relatively small budget and constraints aplenty and have to stay within those. A dedicated payware developer can do a LOT more, and I believe people will buy it, especially given the size of MSFS's market.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I wouldn't honestly lose hope for ESSA. If the free version is any comparable to free airports released until now, I think there will be plenty of room for a high-quality payware rendition by a reputable developer in the market, especially for the main international airport of a major European capital. I know I'd buy it.

Truth is that (with all due respect to Gaya), the free airports included in world updates are rather low quality, close to many freeware ones. For example, I was very excited for Nice, and was disappointed by it, pretty much like all other airports included in the world updates. It has many flaws, default jetways, low-quality ground textures, operational issues, and more, so it's likely that they're given a relatively small budget and constraints aplenty and have to stay within those. A dedicated payware developer can do a LOT more, and I believe people will buy it, especially given the size of MSFS's market.

Totally agree with you. The handcrafted airports are like sure it's good for those who don't invest much in payware sceneries but if "hardcore simmers" got a chance to buy a payware scenery, they would 100% do it. Can't imagine Arlanda with default gray jetways and overall low quality. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would buy Orbx Arlanda even after the world update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the news today that the Ericsson Globe is changing name to Avicii Arena as a tribute for when he sadly passed away :'(. So just a reminder to change the POI name in the scenery (Because I highly doubt that Asobo will do it :P)

Also, I can smell the release so it can't be long at all now! I know I have said it already but it just looks insane. I am seriously speechless. Can't wait to have it in my library <3

KaptenPanna

Edited by KaptenPanna

• 2 weeks later...

The preview pics of Bromma Airport and Stockholm city are amazing!

Is this scenery planned to be released before or after the next World Update 5 for MSFS, which will include Sweden and an update of Arlanda ESSA Airport?

Anyway, really looking forward to Bromma and Visby :)

Tack på förhand! / Jan

I'm probably preaching to the choir on this one, but my unsolicited observation on the MSFS World Update V, tentatively scheduled to drop June 15 though 29, 2021, is that it is a great marketing opportunity for Orbx Bromma.

There will be increased interest in Scandinavia after the release & it is to be hoped that Bromma can take advantage of this interest.

I don't know whether Asobo give Orbx an early look at World Updates.

If they do & you can test Bromma against the pre-release, [if it is ready to go], then a concurrent release with the World Update should garner attention & hopefully, more sales.

No pressure.:)

TTM

• Like 3

On 5/30/2021 at 9:31 AM, TigerTigerM said:

Oddly, overnight I received an email from one of Orbx's primary competitors, entirely focused on Nordic destinations!

TTM

On further pondering it occurred to me that perhaps with World Update V [Nordic focus], dropping in June, they are pushing Nordic airport titles, some of which may be rendered 'obsolete' if Asobo include better versions in their update.

TTM

5 hours ago, MasonDominique said:

Is this why Bromma  is still not released yet ?

Is it postponned because of World update V ?

Dom Mason

I think Bromma will be coming after world update release, same for other sceneries 

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey guys!

Apologize for not replying earlier. I am taking some time off to recover a bit, its been an intense period both work wise and personally and Ive not been feeling that well and need some time to rest and look after my health and spend time with my family.

So as the World Update is scheduled for later this month I have decided to wait for it and gather some new strength before adding the finishing touches so we also don’t need to patch it first thing.

(Also might mean that I will be back as a superman, rested and ready to put in an extra gear for my future airport adventures!)

Apologize for the wait!

Cheers,

Marcus

Of course real life goes before a flightsim! Take your time, good choice to wait for the WU imo and hope that you feel better soon!

KaptenPanna

• Like 2

No worries Marcus ! Priorities first !! Take all the time you need :)

As you said , better a late release without any issues , than an early one and then release patches to fix some issues !!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After installing World Update 5 for the Nordic countries it's clear that there is still much room for improvements to both Stockholm and other cities and areas. Arlanda after update is okey, but in the hands of an experienced creator it could get much better :)

Now looking forward to Bromma and Visby coming to MSFS! :D

Edited by janjoensson
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I'm so excited about Bromma, can't wait to fly with my bizjets to and from ESSB soon:D

And after this I hope that North Sweden will get some love, like Luleå with snöskooootern parked outside haha! Or Skellefte!:D Or some of the other small airports like Vilhelmina, Arvidsjaur or Lycksele.

Mackan, jag är redo med kreditkortet!:D

Edited by Henrik N
  • Like 3

Still looking forward to Bromma. Stockholm after WU5 is improved, but still pretty generic with just a handful of POIs. And as janjoensson said, Arlanda is ok, but I would definitely pay for a higher quality rendition...as I'm sure would plenty of others. I'd hoped the update might have done something about the strange green/blue tint on the satellite imagery in the area, but sadly not to be!

• Like 3

Visiting my gym in Liljeholmen the other day I noted quite an increase in traffic on approach to Bromma, a clear signal of Stockholm opening up after the pandemia. Hopefully we will soon be able to fly the approach ourselves ✈️

Any updates, preview pics? :rolleyes: Thank you :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FSRobert said:

I have noticed the same. Great to see those ATR’s  back… Stockholm skies are filling back up. The vaccine seems to be working.  

Yes! Looking forward to when the ATR releases for msfs, hopefully it’s good quality so we can do some domestic hops!

• Like 3

On 4/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

As I've understood that ESSA will be added for free, it might mean that my ESSA project will be scraped. We'll see. Hard to compete with free content.

I know this comment was a while back but now we have ESSA, I personally still think there's room for your/a payware ESSA. Don't get me wrong GAYA do great airports for the WU's but WU5's ESSA isn't as high quality as a payware equivalent (not that I was expecting it to be)

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, TigerTigerM said:

I wondered how they could have an airport in a residential area. I imagine originally it wasn't, but suburbia spread & engulfed it.

Property developers are no doubt rubbing their hands with glee.

Your masterpiece will memorialize it.:)

TTM

Funny story. Fukuoka airport in Japan is also in the middle of a residential area.

Only, instead of listening to the people bitching about it and closing it, they're adding a second runway :lol:

• Like 1

Well, words of encouragement to Marcus.

I've just noticed someone, [not Orbx or an Orbx Partner], has  dropped Popham for MSFS. One of my favorites in the  Orbx airfields P3D stable.

I sincerely hope I don't wake up one morning to find someone other than Orbx has released Bromma!:)

Edited by TigerTigerM
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

This airport has been "comming soon" for countless months. Gets a bit silly really.

I remember seeing (although cannot find the post) where they said this preview thread was months earlier than the normal 2-3 weeks before to show a bit more development. Also Marcus has said it was being delayed till after the Nordic Updates and that he was taking a sabbatical (which he could still be on)

• Like 2