First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Working on it! :) 

Can't share any timelines at the moment, it was quite an early preview but we are getting closer (maybe thats the natural direction of development though)

When you have them settled, as regards to development, some shots showing approaches including runways, would be appreciated.

TTM

1 hour ago, PiotrMKG said:

Will I be able to take off from this airport with CRJ 700-1000?

Data ref I have shows Rwy's 12/30 being 6,218' x 148'

Bombardier CRJ700 Performance – Airfield:
Takeoff Field Length (ISA, SL)

• CRJ700 NextGen: 5,271 ft. or 1,606 m
  • CRJ700 NextGen ER: 5,657 ft. or 1,724 m
  • CRJ700 NextGen LR: 6,072 ft. or 1,851 m

Landing Field Length (ISA, SL)

• CRJ700 NextGen: 5,087 ft. or 1,550 m
  • CRJ700 NextGen ER: 5,087 ft. or 1,550 m
  • CRJ700 NextGen LR: 5,119 ft. or 1,560 m

Looks like you should be ok.

TTM

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Seems like you will have 200 feet to spare between the CRJ 700 take off requirements and the runway length ;)

I paid for whole runway I will use every ft of it ;)

BTW. What is the rule, You have to be 60ft above the ground at the end of the runway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Figured you guys deserved at least a few screenshots :)

Note these are WIP and details & clutter has not yet been added.

essb_1.thumb.jpg.3e9a5bedfd58eeffa07692eaaa050403.jpg

essb_2.thumb.jpg.3d886c980aaf4f1341e233318cfd86cb.jpg

essb_3.thumb.jpg.7259b93e0eb03d7f77b0634eb8a46bcd.jpg

Wow! Even though it’s WIP it has still come a long way! That looks insane and looking forward really much the release. Thanks for the screenshots and keep up the amazing work!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KaptenPanna said:

Wow! Even though it’s WIP it has still come a long way! That looks insane and looking forward really much the release. Thanks for the screenshots and keep up the amazing work!

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you Marcus for the update

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks! :) 

• Like 1

@Marcus Nybergsilly question, but I'm curious. Do you work full time with these things? I've been modelling a little bit my self and I can't even begin to imagine how much time it must take to make such an amazing rendition of an airport of this size! There can't be much time left for other things :-)

27 minutes ago, ZenIT_SWE said:

@Marcus Nybergsilly question, but I'm curious. Do you work full time with these things? I've been modelling a little bit my self and I can't even begin to imagine how much time it must take to make such an amazing rendition of an airport of this size! There can't be much time left for other things :-)

Yes, it is my full time job. But I have got two small kids and am at the moment a bit reduced in work capacity until my son starts förskolan ;)

And yes, it takes alot of time to create projects this size! I got some help this time though, otherwise this would never be completed ;)

Glad you are developing yourself! Hope to see more swedish developers! :)

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

This ones a bit like a maturing vintage red wine.:)

TTM

12 hours ago, HenrikIsaksen said:

This looks fantastic as always Marcus! Hoping ESSA is next in line :)

On 3/25/2021 at 1:20 AM, Adde said:

Great work Marcus, I cant contain myself waiting for this.

Looks stunning.

Adde.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, FSRobert said:

Marcus, excellent modeling you have got my attention more than ever.  Still can not believe finally ESSB is a reality!

... AMAZING!!!

Thanks guys for the support! :)

9 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

When the stars align, when the Swedish schooling system is stabilized, when Marcus has painted the last tarmac runway marker.

In other words, nope:)

TTM

:-[Your killing me.....This is my home town.

This version of msfs has wanting me more, and more, more and, more, more and more............

Well, thats my problem.

I dont want to rush you Marcus, take yore time, I want it perfect, as I know you want it.

ADDE

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 2:42 PM, TigerTigerM said:

When the stars align, when the Swedish schooling system is stabilized, when Marcus has painted the last tarmac runway marker.

In other words, nope:)

TTM

On 3/31/2021 at 7:25 PM, ArcticMarkus said:

Textures look amazing 

On 4/1/2021 at 12:16 AM, Adde said:

:-[Your killing me.....This is my home town.

This version of msfs has wanting me more, and more, more and, more, more and more............

Well, thats my problem.

I dont want to rush you Marcus, take yore time, I want it perfect, as I know you want it.

ADDE

On 4/2/2021 at 2:33 PM, TigerTigerM said:

For some reason I thought/hoped Alice would follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole & there in Wonderland would be an Easter Egg in the shape of Bromma.

Oh well, one can but hope.:)

TTM

1 hour ago, KaptenPanna said:

Unfeatured topic now... does that mean it's close? ;):rollmyeyes:

Thanks for the support guys!

We are getting closer but still a bit to go. It’s all modeled, some texturing work left.

Better make it good than quick ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks for the support guys!

We are getting closer but still a bit to go. It’s all modeled, some texturing work left.

Better make it good than quick ;)

Nice! And of course yes, we all want quality so let it take time!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mtbroughton said:

Stockholm is a fantastic city, and @Marcus Nybergcreates amazing sceneries, so it's straight on the buy list. But just wondering what the announcement of World Update V for the Nordics means in terms of plans and priorities?

Thank you, that was very nice of you to say :)

As for World Update 5, I'm continuing on Bromma & Stockholm and then we'll have to see what is included in the release and make a compability patch after that.

As I've understood that ESSA will be added for free, it might mean that my ESSA project will be scraped. We'll see. Hard to compete with free content.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

As for World Update 5, I'm continuing on Bromma & Stockholm and then we'll have to see what is included in the release and make a compability patch after that.

As I've understood that ESSA will be added for free, it might mean that my ESSA project will be scraped. We'll see. Hard to compete with free content.

Super excited for Bromma! Asobo said they are working with a dev to make the ATR and Bromma will be perfect to have for some BRA ops from Bromma :wub:

As for ESSA I was hoping that they had incorporated your version through licencing or somehow, it would be unfortunate to see it scrapped :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

From the Asobo information released it appears Gaya are, or will, be doing ESSA.

Unfortunately it looks like they will prevail on that, but I hope they can at least match your quality.

In the meantime, full speed ahead on Bromma!

Please.:)

TTM

PS: I should add that the next World Update covering Nordic countries should generate increased interest in flying there, which could lead to opportunities for you to apply your skills to some smaller airfields that can be created more quickly than the time Bromma has required.

Edited by TigerTigerM
Additions
  • Like 1

I would personally much prefer Borlänge/Kiruna/Visby or Scandinavian Mountain Airport than Arlanda. Thats simply becasue its an somewhat unrealistic airport to fly to in real life with a PA28 and I very much like to simulate my real life flying :) That said, still very nice that it will be part of World Update 5.

I hope some developer will do Marehamn, Åland at some point. Perfect hop in small aircraft both from Sweden and mainland Finland. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, kiven112 said:

Hello sir. Sorry if this is the wrong topic but I couldn't start a private message and making a topic seems a bit far but:

Will the jetways at ESGG ever come to life?

Kevin

ASAP SDK will allow.

34 minutes ago, kiven112 said:

Hello sir. Sorry if this is the wrong topic but I couldn't start a private message and making a topic seems a bit far but:

Will the jetways at ESGG ever come to life?

Kevin

Yep, we have animated them even though current SDK does not really allow it. It's sort of a work around but very proud of what our dev was able to make. Was the same in FSX and P3D as well, luckily SODE came and gave us an option to add it that way instead.

It will be patched once Bromma is released, together with ESMS as well.

No working VDGS at the moment though.

13 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

ASAP SDK will allow.

We are not sure when that will happen (maybe with the World series Nordics as they are releasing ESSA which have those kind of gates?), so we figured we just try to bend & twist the current SDK to do stuff it is not really fond of doing :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...