First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

17 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

In preparation I now need to track down liveries for - AirGotland, Air Leap, Amapola, Air Brussels, & Finnair:)

Wikipedia also mentions: 

Tram

• "A branch of the Tvärbanan tram lines is going to reach Bromma Airport from December 2020. These trams will not go to central Stockholm, but a change to Metro will be possible at Alvik."

Nothing like a Tram or train to get the pulse racing!

TTM

Here it is! :)

Animations are not my strong suite, but might have been nice with it rolling pass the airport.

It's route is just straight under final approach for runway 30, then passes by in between the huge construction taking place next to the bizzjet hangar on the south apron and the shopping centre, before stopping at the airport tram stop.

We'll see if I can get that running :)

Bromma_SL.thumb.jpg.18df25a81789139cb64b4b78ff8eb5e7.jpg

• Like 9

On 1/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thank you!

Not sure which one is the Bomb Hotel but yep it is probably included haha :) 

It is BW hotel in picture 10.
We had booked a night there about 2 years ago and the hotel was bomb threatened so we had to move to another hotel.
In my company, that hotel now goes by the name Bomb Hotel. So when someone says that they should stay at the Bomb hotel then everyone knows which hotel it is. 

It's became a bit of a humorous story for us. :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Here it is! :)

Animations are not my strong suite, but might have been nice with it rolling pass the airport.

It's route is just straight under final approach for runway 30, then passes by in between the huge construction taking place next to the bizzjet hangar on the south apron and the shopping centre, before stopping at the airport tram stop.

We'll see if I can get that running :)

Bromma_SL.thumb.jpg.18df25a81789139cb64b4b78ff8eb5e7.jpg

Very cool Marcus.

I am not sure how much sharing of 'technology' there is between Orbx & its Partners, but I think Gaya LIRQ Florence has a Light Rail that runs a few miles via the Airport Terminal.

If you ask nicely perhaps they will tell you how they get it to run.:)

TTM

• Like 1

Am I blind or is there not a single screenshot of the actual airport of this package? Just city screenshots. Don't get me wrong, this will be an instabuy due to the city for me, but I am at least a little bit amused about the announcement of an addon airport with tons of screenshots but none showing the airport itself ;-) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Am I blind or is there not a single screenshot of the actual airport of this package? Just city screenshots. Don't get me wrong, this will be an instabuy due to the city for me, but I am at least a little bit amused about the announcement of an addon airport with tons of screenshots but none showing the airport itself ;-) 

We decided to make an early announcement so the airport still needs some further work. There will be more preview rounds where you will get a great view of the star of the show :)

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very cool Marcus.

I am not sure how much sharing of 'technology' there is between Orbx & its Partners, but I think Gaya LIRQ Florence has a Light Rail that runs a few miles via the Airport Terminal.

If you ask nicely perhaps they will tell you how they get it to run.:)

TTM

Yeah man, there are lots of clever people here at Orbx. I'm sure there is someone to ask if needed :)

1 hour ago, Metthos said:

It is BW hotel in picture 10.
We had booked a night there about 2 years ago and the hotel was bomb threatened so we had to move to another hotel.
In my company, that hotel now goes by the name Bomb Hotel. So when someone says that they should stay at the Bomb hotel then everyone knows which hotel it is. 

It's became a bit of a humorous story for us. :lol:

Haha, ok that explains it. Seems like that building has a lot of history.

Must be a nice view as well, if you are into aviation.

2 hours ago, FSRobert said:

Holy Cow Marcus...you are very close to modeling Nacka Strand where I live...This is so much more than I could imagine.  For those who never have been to Stockholm this scenery makes that happen. 

My sister lived in Nacka Strand for a few years, very nice place :)

thanks for the support Robert!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MasonDominique said:

Still don't understand why we can't see airport screenshots.

As a professional pilot (:D) i don't like to be distracted by chickens

I would like to see the runways and terminals

Something tells me that these shots will be great, but why the delay :(:wacko::lol:

Dom

Hey! As i already wrote we are not at a stage yet where i feel comfortable sharing screens of the airport. But trust me there will be shots of the star of the show :)

we just figured as the project is so big there was no harm starting off with some city and approach shots!

• Like 3

Looking forward to this one Marcus.   I've done a lot of real world flying (mostly commercial, some private) and the view of the city on approach is the most exciting part of any flight for me.  Seattle's approach, both N or S, is something I always enjoy a lot.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, FSRobert said:

It’s all about a brilliant approach seeing the landmarks  around the area down to the numbers.  No doubt Marcus has urm #%#€ it  cough cough together with this package.  Just like his other sceneries. 

Thanks for the kindness :)

On 1/31/2021 at 4:19 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

Looking forward to this one Marcus.   I've done a lot of real world flying (mostly commercial, some private) and the view of the city on approach is the most exciting part of any flight for me.  Seattle's approach, both N or S, is something I always enjoy a lot.

I can imagine Seattle must be nice on approach. :)

Berlin-Tegel was a favourite of mine when we lived there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you decide to make it for p3dv4, take my money. In fact Marcus, take it twice. One for the company and another for a nice little "fika". Bromma and Stockholm would be like 90% of my p3dv4 experience completed. 100% would be Joensuu Finland, efjo, but that is a bit too much to ask

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 3:39 PM, oneworldflyer said:

Can't wait for the release. Any timeline?

Working on it! :) 

Can't share any timelines at the moment, it was quite an early preview but we are getting closer (maybe thats the natural direction of development though)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1