Jump to content

announcement First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, KaptenPanna said:

Good choice to make Bromma in my opinion. First of all it is my home airport so that makes it good ;) Second of all, there are no good quality airliners yet so having to wait a bit for Arlanda is no problem for me. We also have the CJ4 mod that is quite a good quality for being freeware plus it's a business jet so Bromma would suite it more than Arlanda. When we get to see payware airliners, I think it will be quite nice timing for when Arlanda comes!

 

Yes, that CJ4 mod was actually what really got me into MSFS 2020, it's very nice for sure.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live close to Bromma and this is like a dream come true! Bromma blocks är välbekant, haha! Thank you Marcus, DU ÄR BÄST! B) Like what was mentioned before it's gonna be a pleasure to fly the modded CJ4 out of Bromma, fits perfectly! Will buy immediately once it's out!

Edited by futurebreadmachine
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

We have not decided yet on P3D support, sorry.

If there will be support for P3D, that would include v4.5 as well in that case.

 

Well I for one very much hope it will make it to P3D! Been waiting forever for Bromma and with your usual standards it's looking to be an amazing release!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, futurebreadmachine said:

Like what was mentioned before it's gonna be a pleasure to fly the modded CJ4 out of Bromma, fits perfectly!

Yep, some hops for Svenskt Industriflyg with SE-RIN or for Hummingbird Aviation with SE-RLP or SE-RMJ <3

Edited by KaptenPanna
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KaptenPanna said:

Good choice to make Bromma in my opinion. First of all it is my home airport so that makes it good ;) Second of all, there are no good quality airliners yet so having to wait a bit for Arlanda is no problem for me. We also have the CJ4 mod that is quite a good quality for being freeware plus it's a business jet so Bromma would suite it more than Arlanda. When we get to see payware airliners, I think it will be quite nice timing for when Arlanda comes!

I missed the CJ4 mod project

Could you kindly provide a link to the latest version?

Thank you

TTM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally my home airport and where I learned to fly some 20 year ago! Funny thing is that Flinks Järn (from the first picture) is the store where I bought screws. nuts and bolts today for my home Cessna 152 cockpit panel project :) So happy and instant purchase from me. 

Edited by Mikael Cedergren
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, futurebreadmachine said:

I live close to Bromma and this is like a dream come true! Bromma blocks är välbekant, haha! Thank you Marcus, DU ÄR BÄST! B) Like what was mentioned before it's gonna be a pleasure to fly the modded CJ4 out of Bromma, fits perfectly! Will buy immediately once it's out!

Tusen tack! Glad du är pepp! :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KaptenPanna said:

Btw would it be possible to add a teenage boy with a red cap sitting on the mountainside just south of the threshold runway 30 that is planespotting? I have been there many times so would just add to the realism :lol:

 

Haha, who knows! Didn't know there was a planespotting place there! Must be a nice place!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

 

Well I for one very much hope it will make it to P3D! Been waiting forever for Bromma and with your usual standards it's looking to be an amazing release!

 

Thank you Benjamin! Seems to be a lot of people asking for a P3D version! :) 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikael Cedergren said:

Finally my home airport and where I learned to fly some 20 year ago! Funny thing is that Flinks Järn (from the first picture) is the store where I bought screws. nuts and bolts today for my home Cessna 152 cockpit panel project :) So happy and instant purchase from me. 

 

Glad to hear you appreciate that detail :)

Thanks for the kind comments! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I dreaming or is this real???:o This is AWESOME Marcus!!! Just one question is Tele2 arena (Nya Söderstadium) modeled. And if it is could you maybe make so that the arena lights in green and white in the nights?:wub:

Fil:Tele2 Arena May 2016.jpg - Wikimedia

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Myran21 said:

Am I dreaming or is this real???:o This is AWESOME Marcus!!! Just one question is Tele2 arena (Nya Söderstadium) modeled. And if it is could you maybe make so that the arena lights in green and white in the nights?:wub:

 

 

Yes Tele2 arena is included :) I will try to add the lights, not sure I can promise that though! :)

Mall of Scandinavia is also included by the way!

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, lifejogger said:
5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thank you!

Not sure which one is the Bomb Hotel but yep it is probably included haha :)

 

I guess that he is referring to the photo of the Best Western Stockholm Hotel.   It was previously the SAS headquarters before being the ICA supermarket chain head office and then later becoming a hotel (quite good hotel too).

 

Jerry

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

Thank you Benjamin! Seems to be a lot of people asking for a P3D version! :) 

 

Indeed there are, I'm asking for it as well.

 

Bromma is a great airport and this scenery looks awesome, however unfortunately MSFS is the wrong sim for me. Since I already got all my add-ons for P3D v4, that's the sim I'll keep using for the foreseeable future.

 

No matter how stunning this scenery looks (and it does!), if it's MSFS only then I won't buy it. However a P3D version is a no brainer, an instant buy.

 

I've said it before, the keyword to success is compatibility. Of course quality is important, but compatibility can make or break a product.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KaptenPanna said:

Btw would it be possible to add a teenage boy with a red cap sitting on the mountainside just south of the threshold runway 30 that is planespotting? I have been there many times so would just add to the realism :lol:

That sounds cool

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In preparation I now need to track down liveries for - AirGotland, Air Leap, Amapola, Air Brussels, & Finnair:)

Wikipedia also mentions: 

Tram

  • "A branch of the Tvärbanan tram lines is going to reach Bromma Airport from December 2020. These trams will not go to central Stockholm, but a change to Metro will be possible at Alvik."

Nothing like a Tram or train to get the pulse racing!

TTM

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PatrickZZ said:

 

Indeed there are, I'm asking for it as well.

 

Bromma is a great airport and this scenery looks awesome, however unfortunately MSFS is the wrong sim for me. Since I already got all my add-ons for P3D v4, that's the sim I'll keep using for the foreseeable future.

 

No matter how stunning this scenery looks (and it does!), if it's MSFS only then I won't buy it. However a P3D version is a no brainer, an instant buy.

 

I've said it before, the keyword to success is compatibility. Of course quality is important, but compatibility can make or break a product.

 

Yep, we will have to wait and see. It's a bit more complex project than my previous ones, so will need to see in what way a conversion would be possible and how the market looks at that time. But as I've mentioned, I'm a big fan of P3D and would be happy to release a version for it if I find a good way to do that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

In preparation I now need to track down liveries for - AirGotland, Air Leap, Amapola, Air Brussels, & Finnair:)

Wikipedia also mentions: 

Tram

  • "A branch of the Tvärbanan tram lines is going to reach Bromma Airport from December 2020. These trams will not go to central Stockholm, but a change to Metro will be possible at Alvik."

Nothing like a Tram or train to get the pulse racing!

TTM

 

They were building that when I was there to shoot airside references. It will be included in some extent.

The area is changing rather quickly at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Super excited for this one, really love your work Marcus. 
Any particular reason you chose this project? 

Thanks! :)

I've made a lot of Swedish airports so making Bromma was just a natural choice as it is one of the busiest airports in the country (well pre-pandemic) and in the center of our capital :) so that's probably the reason why! Also that we had a good collaboration with the airport management so we could get the references we needed, was important.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrianV said:

This is awesome work, congrats Marcus. I, for one, will be getting both the P3D and the MSFS version, resisting in futile. I can almost imagine Vasa out of the museum and sailing along the Kastellet again.

 

Thanks Brian! :)  And glad to hear you know about the Vasa ship!

Just a little story I heard on a similar note. In the 1830's, the king ordered forests of oak to be planted to be used to build the future royal ships, a process that apparently takes 150-200 years. Apparently the forest services called the military a few years back to let them know the trees are now ready to be picked up. They declined ;)

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...