First previews of Stockholm Bromma Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Yes! Finally my home airport made Marcus himself! From the pictures I can tell this will be a great scenery! Also with colorcorrected photoscenery, we will no longer have to live with the green and ugly stockholm we have now! Will definetly be one of the first customer ;)

Looking great so far, can't wait to see more previews for the airport aswell!

KaptenPanna

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sun_king_135 said:

Please can Kungsängen and Vaxholm also receive a face-lift? Love Stockholm and can't wait for ARN.  

Kind regards. 

Sorry, they are a bit out of the scope for this project!

Glad to hear you are excited about Stockholm and ARN (even though that one is a bit further down the road)

1 hour ago, KaptenPanna said:

Yes! Finally my home airport made Marcus himself! From the pictures I can tell this will be a great scenery! Also with colorcorrected photoscenery, we will no longer have to live with the green and ugly stockholm we have now! Will definetly be one of the first customer ;)

Looking great so far, can't wait to see more previews for the airport aswell!

KaptenPanna

Happy to hear you are looking forward! :)

thanks for the support!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Sorry, they are a bit out of the scope for this project!

Glad to hear you are excited about Stockholm and ARN (even though that one is a bit further down the road)

I really am excited, because I have relatives in Upplands Bro, which is why I enquired for Kungsängen. It'd be awesome to fly over their places and into Stockholms Centralen. I love and miss Sweden... 

Kind regards. 

• Like 2

Two comments... 

This airport has been needing some attention for many years - I had always hoped Orbx would do this one.  Very good choice.  It will be among the first that I purchase when I eventually move to the new MSFS.

Second, wow... this is the whole city!  It appears to be two products in one - the city and the airport!  Incredible.  What a massive project, Marcus...!  Amazing.

• Like 2

Screenshots look absolutely stunning...and the finished article will no doubt be superb, as all Marcus' work is.

It will be nice to be reminded of Stockholm whilst we aren't able to get there, and hope to see a rendition of Hagaparken, an amazingly beautiful park.

And if Marcus / Orbx are looking for other similar ideas, then how about Reykjavik city airport, and some POIs in and around the city?

Hopefully release isn't too far away. It's a day one buy for me!

• Like 2

Scandinavia: Tick

Marcus: Tick

Orbx: Tick

Credit card: Tick

Very interesting location. Screen shots remind me of EGLC, ie, an airport in close proximity to a City, with a 'City' approach path.

Runway is  6,218' long according to my data sheet, so its big for a GA location.

What type of commercial passenger aircraft operate through Bromma?

From the screen shots it looks to have that 'Nyberg' touch as regards detail & nuance.

Another Day 1 acquisition.:)

TTM

• Like 3

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

Very interesting location. Screen shots remind me of EGLC, ie, an airport in close proximity to a City, with a 'City' approach path.

Runway is  6,218' long according to my data sheet, so its big for a GA location.

From the screen shots it looks to have that 'Nyberg' touch as regards detail & nuance.

TTM

I found some YT video's of a Brussels Airlines A319 flying into Bromma. So if I can land on London City with my A320neo, will do it also on Bromma :D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Two comments... 

This airport has been needing some attention for many years - I had always hoped Orbx would do this one.  Very good choice.  It will be among the first that I purchase when I eventually move to the new MSFS.

Second, wow... this is the whole city!  It appears to be two products in one - the city and the airport!  Incredible.  What a massive project, Marcus...!  Amazing.

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mtbroughton said:

Screenshots look absolutely stunning...and the finished article will no doubt be superb, as all Marcus' work is.

It will be nice to be reminded of Stockholm whilst we aren't able to get there, and hope to see a rendition of Hagaparken, an amazingly beautiful park.

And if Marcus / Orbx are looking for other similar ideas, then how about Reykjavik city airport, and some POIs in and around the city?

Hopefully release isn't too far away. It's a day one buy for me!

Thanks for the kind words,

As for Reykjavik city airport, I totally agree that someone should have a look at that one :)

9 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

TTM

Thanks for the kind words!

It has mostly domestic traffic, a few years back there were a lot of Avro's operated by BRA, but they have been phased out now. A lot of ATR's, Saab 340's.

They had the Sukhoi a while as well when Brussels operated that one. It has now been replaced with the A319.

9 minutes ago, Er!k said:

I found some YT video's of a Brussels Airlines A319 flying into Bromma. So if I can land on London City with my A320neo, will do it also on Bromma :D

Yep, they use the A319 these days I think. They had the Sukhoi for a while on this route as well. And prior to that the Avro.

24 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks for the kind words!

It has mostly domestic traffic, a few years back there were a lot of Avro's operated by BRA, but they have been phased out now. A lot of ATR's, Saab 340's.

They had the Sukhoi a while as well when Brussels operated that one. It has now been replaced with the A319.

Sounds like it is a bit of a hub for flights to Regional airports.

TTM

• Like 1

Marcus! This looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see it. But I am a naturally curious (and nosy) person... why is Arlanda further down the road? I would have thought it would be an easier option as you've already done a great version for P3D, and I would have assumed that porting, updating and polishing this wouldn't need half as much work as creating a new airport from scratch?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FilbertFlies said:

Marcus! This looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see it. But I am a naturally curious (and nosy) person... why is Arlanda further down the road? I would have thought it would be an easier option as you've already done a great version for P3D, and I would have assumed that porting, updating and polishing this wouldn't need half as much work as creating a new airport from scratch?

Well first of all it's nice to make something new as well, conversions are great but perhaps not the most fun task, so I try to mix it up a bit. I converted both Malmö & Gothenburg this fall and have more ones on the way.

The second reason is that I want to release a proper Arlanda, that meets the standards of my ESGG & ESMS projects and including the changes that has taken place since our initial release. There are new parking areas, taxiway changes, the whole area next to T5F has been demolished, among other changes. 

So I figured it's better to make a really nice version instead of just making a quick port. I think you will all enjoy that more, just have some patience :)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Well first of all it's nice to make something new as well, conversions are great but perhaps not the most fun task, so I try to mix it up a bit. I converted both Malmö & Gothenburg this fall and have more ones on the way.

The second reason is that I want to release a proper Arlanda, that meets the standards of my ESGG & ESMS projects and including the changes that has taken place since our initial release. There are new parking areas, taxiway changes, the whole area next to T5F has been demolished, among other changes. 

So I figured it's better to make a really nice version instead of just making a quick port. I think you will all enjoy that more, just have some patience :)

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation and best of luck with this and your future products - I'm sure you're right, a brand new Arlanda from you will be worth waiting for! :-)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Good choice to make Bromma in my opinion. First of all it is my home airport so that makes it good ;) Second of all, there are no good quality airliners yet so having to wait a bit for Arlanda is no problem for me. We also have the CJ4 mod that is quite a good quality for being freeware plus it's a business jet so Bromma would suite it more than Arlanda. When we get to see payware airliners, I think it will be quite nice timing for when Arlanda comes!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Talal 2020 said:

Astonishing!

10 minutes ago, Scandinavian said:

Great, I was hoping this was on your list Marcus. This airport has been missing in our sims for way to long.

Hope you'll also do a P3D version. :)

14 minutes ago, Teo Gerovski said:

Typical quality from Marcus...

Amazing!!!

Thanks guys! :)

• Like 1